Why Did I Wait So Long????

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by deman81k, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Well… after 3 years of hydro growing I have finally made the move to water only organic soil system (in one of two grow rooms to see results) After less than three weeks veg in my “super soil” I am wondering why it took me this long to give this system a try.
    I am completely amazed by the early results and simplicity of this system. I have suffered with early growth root issues with my last few hydro crops (which I cured but obviously it affected my yields and time to crop.)
    I tried to experiment with organic along side hydro last year at a buddys place to compare the two systems head to head but he dropped the ball and then threw all our expensive soil into his garden!! We are no longer buddys
    Anyways I decided to give it a go myself and a family member died and left a cement mixer to use so I thought..why not?
    I followed a soil recipe I found in this forum and mixed up enough for 16 – 15 gallon pots and left to cook in large totes. After roughly 5 weeks I transplanted some clones that had been in starter soil for a couple weeks into the super soil and moved them into one of the rooms.
    First thing I noticed was a complete lack of transplant shock that can be a hydro problem. Then within a couple of days the leaves all turned deep dark green and growth exploded like I had never seen at this stage in hydro. I am IMPRESSED so far. I made a batch of tea and added it to a watering after the first week of growth
    I am running hydro in my 2nd room for one more crop and then changing to organic as long as the final yield turns out as impressive as the early growth has.
    I want to thank the organic gurus in here for making it so simple to follow their recipes and ideas for organic growing.
    Here are some pics taken at roughly 3 or 4 day intervals. (I had one row of hydro plants in same room till today. They were moved to other room after cropping yesterday.) The last two pics show the room today with reservoir, pumps, drip system hoses and troughs removed. Sorry bout the HPS color in the room but you get the idea. The dates of the pics in order are:
    Aug 6
    Aug 11
    Aug 15
    Aug 19
    and Aug 23 for last two
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Better late than never. So many of is have said the exact same thing. It took me a lot longer than 3 years!

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

J

3. Thx jerry.
    It was many of your posts that I used for guidance in making the move to organic
    Cheers

4. Word man. If ya got any questions...dont be shy.

5. Updated pics. I SOOOOOO love organic!!! These are the healthiest plants I have ever grown. Luv u organic guys for the soil recipe and hints and tips
    dates are:
    aug 31
    sept 09
    sept 20
    sept 22
    sept 27 (today)
    turned to bud sept 20
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

6. That last shot is fantastic!
    Well done :hello:

7. Thx stevebomb, I am really enjoying this and can't wait for the crop to see how it turns out

8. I SOOOOOO love organic!!! These are the healthiest plants I have ever grown.

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]I did hydroponic gardening for many years before I switched over to organic gardening and I know exactly what you mean and how you feel about this. Yes, hydroponics can certainly grow plants big and fast but going back to your post above: "[/SIZE]healthiest plants I have ever grown"  [SIZE=14.4444446563721px] The difference between Hydroponic and organic gardening is that while hydroponic nutrients can really blast your garden with most of the elements that plants need to grow, hydroponic nutrients lack all the extra goodies, all the organic compounds that organic gardening brings to the table. Examples of what I am referring to would be the Cytokinins, Indoles, Hormones, Auxins, Gibberillins found in Kelp, or the pest management compounds found in Neem, or the PGR's (Plant Growth Regulators) found in Alfalfa (and kelp and others), or the Chitin [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]found in crustacean meals [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]which (inadvertently) can help again with pest [/SIZE]management, and then there is the very simple but super complicated soil life (microbes) themselves which work with our plants and will actually carry nutrition over distance to help feed them - it goes on and on and on. We are not only talking about an easier way to garden, we are talking about much tastier, aromatic flowers (and produce)!
    • Cytokinins - are cell division factors, which rapidly divides cells.
    • Indoles - are naturally occurring plant growth promoters for root development and bud initiation.
    • Auxins - promote rooting and cell enlargement.
    • Gibberellins - are plant growth substanes (phytohormones) involved in promotion of stem elongation, mobilization of food reserves in seeds and other processes.
    [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]I'm so very happy for you! :) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]j[/SIZE]