Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Switching To Dabs Only

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bic425, Aug 24, 2014.

2. Shatter by me ain't cheap but it's as clear as glass. Around 60 a g if u just by grams but it gets much cheaper with weight

3. I have switched to dabbing only and it saves a lot of money. Only thing i wish i knew earlier (nail dabs not vaping) is u have to let ur nail cool down or else its worse for u than smoking weed because it burns ur lungs. I spend around 20-60 for a gram depending on what i wanna grab. 1 gram lasts me around 1-2 days. Doesnt smell and its nice if u have a place u can burn and u dont have to be mobile best decision ive made in a while.

4. I think what my problem is, is that I enjoy the act of smoking it. If I take say, 20 bong rips a day with flowers, I surely cannot do that with concentrates, lest I be a vegetable asleep at the wheel.

a dab will not do me.

5 dabs at a sitting will do me

Then i won't do anything else but green out for the day.

5. I agree I like dabs and all but could never give up flower I love smoking to much

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

6. So are pens or rigs more effective for wax? I am with old school I think since I have never had any dabs. I wouldn't want to hit just once and call it a day. What fun is that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #28 jreis, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    This is like bangin your neighborhood broads all your life, then switching to fucking JUST supermodels.

What happens when you can't find another supermodel? Or you and your friends want to just pass a dumb broad around? Exactly. Not the same anymore.

8. Get on that tb man! I know you know what that is being the most active gc members I've seen, your on almost every thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #30 sektr, Aug 26, 2014
    If I were lucky enough to live somewhere that dabs were $30/g for QUALITY OIL, I would switch in a second.

Dabbing is wayyyyy tastier, way easier on your lungs, and gets you STONED. Flowers have literally zero benefits over dabbing IMO. Dabs are just expensive as fuuuckkkk
    Also you guys saying a gram will last you a month are lying to my face. I have a naturally low tolerance, smoked all day every day for years and a snap or two out of a bong is usually enough to keep me satisfied (although I can sesh infinitely if I want to, I just mean it doesn't take me much to get where I want to be).

A gram of oil would last me a week tops. Maybe week and a half. And that's seshing once, maybe twice a day assuming I only took 1 dab a sesh. So either you guys are taking the tiniest dabs ever or are lying.

That being said, 1 dab a sesh is laughable at best. That's the thing about dabs. They're so tasty I wanna keep taking more.

With my home grown buds and home made shatter is <$5 a gram (butane). When I have an extra QP laying around I blast a couple tubes.

11. Your picture is perfect for you in every one of your posts... just sayin...

I wish my man, being a college student home grown isn't an option for me (yet)

13. On it till the 30th....

Ok I'll take that as a compliment  :)

I was there starting in 1990. A six pack of beer was a party when I was a student.

15. #36 kush70, Aug 26, 2014
    lol uhm no...

just the opposite - when extracted properly you will never be able to match the quality of dabs against bud

dabs will win every time

i can get a week outta a gram if im alone ...

stoned all day if i choose ..

dabs last soooo much longer than bud

16. #37 lessthanjeezy, Aug 26, 2014
    Even if I had a consistent connect for wax,( which unfortunately I don't being in NJ I had a guy I got 2 8ths of wax from over the last few months, but he has been flaking out big time :( , I don't think I would totally stop smoking flowers as well...I really enjoy taking dabs, but I also enjoy smoking a bong... I think I need to move because I don't want to go from having wax, to going back to just flowers.

17. I think both dabbing and smoking have their time and place. Smoking is fun to do and imo it's more fun than dabbing as far as drug rituals go. Sure it doesn't get you as high, but that can be a good thing sometimes. If you aren't trying to get super baked, it can be hard to grab a small enough dab to get to where you want to be.

For me, dabbing is definitely more cost effective and I do find the high to be more enjoyable...as long as I have nothing important to do, haha. Dabbing is also more discrete (with a vape pen) which is always a plus.

I'm kind of confused by Old School Smoker's response. If you green out from hitting 5 dabs then it sounds like you would be good at 4 dabs or less, no? And 5 dabs, at least the size that I use, wouldn't add up to an entire gram.

Not trying to convince you to like dabbing, just confused as to how you can go through a gram of concentrate in 5 dabs and would choose to do so even though it makes you feel sick. 

18. Fat dabs only!

19. Dabbing is a nice alternative to bud if you have the equipment and the connect. I've stretched a gram a week and a half, where I'd be dropping $40 every couple days for bud.
    I like to switch back and forth between the two though. I still like the taste of flowers, and I still get super high when smoking either. You just gotta find a good balance between the two!