I Skipped Leg Days :(

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Gggrows420, Aug 24, 2014.

1. #21 New Destination, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    Running will help you, look at the legs of elite runners. Here is what I would do, take a week off to stretch, swim, and do yoga. This way, you can recover and get ready to start a balanced program. I would run 2-3 days a week, do 3 full body lifts, and rest 1-2 days a week, stretching, and focusing on recovery. Lifting wise, still work upper body, but really focus on adding in lifts like lunges, squats, deadlifts, etc. Running wise, do 1 medium/long, slow run a week and one that has sprints or faster running involved in it, could be repeats at a track or random bursts of speed thrown into a regular run. If you run a third day a week, make it an easy run. Good Luck!

2. Cut them off. Not worth keeping the extra weigh around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. 1409375251377.jpg

Legs are just as important as the other groups. Compound lifts.

If you're not squatin, you aint lifting.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Jump rope good for building calves? I jump rope and burn my calves out usually.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Yes if you do it 2-3 times a week but start off slow then go hard once it become easier to you. When you go hard, you'll be sweating like you in a sauna room lol.

Stoner Athlete
    Train Insane or Remain The Same.

6. sprinting and jogging are 2 different things, sprints activate fast twitch fibers that energy runs of anaerobic system, now cardio, and joggin is an aerobic exercise that uses oxygen for energy and activates slow twitch fibers. In anaerobic exercise your body fatigues much much quicker since it finds other means to fuel the muscle other then oxygen is why lifting weights, and sprints exhausts your body faster then if you where to jog at one constant speed, and aerobic exercise (cardio) takes at least 15 minutes of continuous muscle use. this is why foot ball players power lift and practice anaerobic so they become more explosive, faster, stronger. But tell me if you can run a full sprint for 15 minutes, let alone 5 minutes. Do you even lift bro?

7. your leg muscles produce the largest amount of anabolic hormones, so not only will work legs out, squats, deads and other leg work outs will not only build your legs, it will build the whole body

8. I really appreciate it everyone. Have been going hard on the legs since this post. Results take time but I already feel as though I'm making gains. Hate feeling like I'm walking on rubber legs next day tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #30 GloriousZOMBiE, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    good to hear, try different regiments depending on what you want, size, strength, and power... Body building and size exercises are 8-15 reps, and your last rep should be a max out for a nice solid contraction,and wait 30 seconds between sets to continue pumping more fresh blood into your muscles, now power lifting is 1-3 reps of your pure maximum with 2 minutes between setss, and strength is 3-8 reps and the last rep your max out waiting a minute or two before continuing another set. Decide what you want to a achieve, make a goal, and do whatever it takes to make it, and besides you will see the most gains from your diet and rest, diet, rest and work out are all important and if 1 of three are out of wack, you aren't maximizing your potential... Good luck and lift on sir as I will

10. I honestly didn't know the rep ranges bro thank you. I've been doing what I can comfortably do for about 10 reps but I can care less what they look like if I know there crazy strong. Looks like I'll go to the 1-3 rep range.

11. #32 GloriousZOMBiE, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    Yea no problem dude, but your 3rd rep should be a struggle to get it up there, if you can do more then 3 reps you need more weight. And remember to give your self 2 minutes for your muscles to be able to preform the same weight, when it comes to powerlifting you can't just finish a set wait 20 seconds and expect to squat your max 3 more times, you need that 2 minute break between sets.

12. Great info. And appreciate the info, when I'm working out I like to stay active think I could do abs between sets to put off down time or is overall rest needed? Love seeing other fit stoners man. Beat the shit out of that old stereotype that stoners are lazy lol

13. I would argue resting up to 5 minutes if only doing 1-3 reps. This range is mostly used for power-lifting, so you'll be focusing on heavy compounds here.

Don't do abs in between. Your body needs to recover and rebuild it's energy stores for the next set. Plus abs are used to help brace the body as you squat, or press overhead. Don't tire them out in between sets. A good time to do that is if your mostly lifting in conjunction with cardio and a good diet to lose weight.

My numbers are a little off as well compared to Smokey. But it's the same general idea.
    1-3 Power (3-5 min rest)
    4-6 Strength (1-2 min rest)
    8-12 Hypertrophy (30-90 seconds rest)
    15+ aerobic, strength endurance (0-60 seconds rest, here is where you can throw abs in between sets)

I know there are gaps in there. But that's also because I don't fail on the last rep of each set. I used to, but now I only do that periodically. My body likes it better that way, but it may be different for you.

14. if you ask me I'd do overall rest so I can have 100% intensity next set! nope be out of breath from squatting and then go do as many crunches as I can in 60 seconds. And then go back to squatting I'd want 100% all for squat. Shit squatting will build your abs believe it or not because your core as handling all that weight, I tense my abs when I squat, if you every poked a power lifter in the belly it's all muscle, some think power lifters and linebackers are fat.... Nope it's because they squat 1000 lbs. your only as strong as your weakest link, most people could squat 300 pounds because there legs are strong enough but there back and abdominals can only do so much. And yea when I was in school I'd smoke a bowl and I'd have gym first period and run the mile that day in 6:30 and I would always be first or second to finish the mile and my teachers nick name for me was pie eyes

15. do squats at the beginning of the week and do some deadlifts at the end or vice versa. it will give your leg muscles plenty of recovery time, ull be hitting them twice a week, and both of those exercises work out 90%+ of every muscle in your body by supporting the stress of all that weight. in 2 months your legs will be twice as big and your other lifts will be a lot higher

16. I usually squat on Friday so I have all weekend to recoup, if I were to squat Mondays I'd be walking around work like a penguin with shit in its pants...

17. Lol, luckily I retired early! Can afford the penguin walk lmao

18. Bros never let bros skip leg day. Don't skip legs bro lol

19. ya your profile pic says it all, I used to loved Johnny bravo when I was a little dude