Need Vape Pen Help

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Cat 420, Aug 24, 2014.

1. I really like my Elips (?) pen, it is the one like the Cloud and KandyPen and Snoop Dogg's MicroG. It has a great feel and is super portable and stealth.

I use the tall chimney coil as I use it solely for Dry Herb, my stash is local and organic, my guy takes great pride in his grow. Nothing else goes in the pen.

BTW I know these things combust and don't really vape, but I like the battery powered system rather than using lighters. When I want a true vape I fire up my Vaporite which plugs into the wall.

However, I seem to be blowing through these coils (heating chamber). I had to buy a bunch and I have been having to change them out about every other week when they fail to heat up anymore.

Am I doing anything wrong? I am gentle with the coil area and only use the tool that came with it. The first 2 I shredded the coil wrapped wire pretty bad, so I have learned to be gentle.

I grind extra finely manually and barely tap the stomper end of the tool to pack the bowl. I try to avoid digging the dabber end of the tool into the bowl and prefer to just tap it out into an ash tray.

Am I doing something wrong to cause these coils to burn out so quickly?

BTW, I am a long time old school pot smoker, but still confounded by a lot of the new tech in vaperizors. I would say I am a novice to vaping, but not a newbie. I have been trying to figure this pen thing out for 3 months and I have owned my desktop vaporizer for a couple years, though not really using it regularly. I am however trying to use the pen 100% of my solo sessions now, so it sees a lot of use daily.

I also bought a 94F for my 510 battery. It is damn humongus, the vape pen's answer to the party bowl. I am only using that when the friends are over. You can pack a half a gram in it! But it has a self cleaning system, very nice. But I don't want to abuse it and wear the coils out on it too, so I need to figure out what is going on with the little pen.

I'd appreciate any help or opinions on this! Thanks!