Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Caught By Parents Smoking Weed But Cant Afford To Move Out?help??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BeEasy&Chill, Aug 23, 2014.

1. so im 21 and live at home and got caught smoking weed by my parents who hate it. I go to school at my local community college(5 classes) and work part time (24-30 hrs). Anyways, I cant afford to move out because all the apartments around here run from1,800 to 2,000 a month just for rent. obviously I cant afford that by myself while going to school and trying to get good grades but want to continue to smoke. my parents will not tolerate weed but I don't want to quit smoking. and I cant share an apartment with friends because they don't have jobs or would rather spend their money on other things. what should I do?? please no rude responses like "man up and don't smoke in your parents house" or "man up and make more money and move out" because honestly that's a lot easier said than done and it's just an ass response to someone looking for genuine advice.

thanks!!

2. Be honest with your parents in how it affects your life in a better way.. If they don't understand that your parents are ignorant and live under a rock. Then ask them if they would rather you get addicted to painkillers from the doctor, benzos, etc, or smoke a plant that comes from the floor. 

Don't smoke in the house, and just don't smoke when they're home or will smell like pot? Keep it a secret the best you can.. Don't shit where you eat though kiddo. :(

Sounds like you have a lot to work on bro.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I lived outta my car when i went to college. Not sayin you should, but its possible.

5. You're 21, what exactly are your parents gonna do if you keep smoking? Obviously they could kick you out but would they really go that far?

6. #6 rain dancer, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  7. Welcome to Hard Knocks University.

Enjoy your life education!

8. tell ur parents ur sorry nd that ull take a drug test for em to prove this was pretty much the first time u tried to smoke(this might not work for everyone since most parent know there chilkds been smokin since young nd alot of ppl are on ohter drugs. but just get tear drops nd dilute ur piss.just piss like a drop in it.

9. I agree with pwrthrashin, most parents with half a brain would not want to put the burden of living independently on their young adults. There is too much risk of screwing up your life with debts and other problems if you were to move out with too low of an income.  

If they are so stubborn that you think its pointless to talk to them about it, just keep smoking, but limit yourself to certain times of the day when they aren't around.  Also, keep your ganj and paraphernalia somewhere that they wouldn't look often. Most people disagree with me on this, but if you're a reasonable driver keep it in your car, find an opening into the front dash or make your own if necessary.  
    In the end, whats the worst that can happen if they find your stash again? They throw it out and scold you for having it, maybe you lose some trust? Pick up another half o, another grinder, and do it again! Even though your parents raised you, deep down they are just another couple ordinary humans, and unnecessary rules and restrictions are meant to be broken. 

Live your life like YOU want to, but take into consideration the risk vs. reward.  You gotta be able to take the punishment if you're willing to push the parental and legal boundaries

10. I would tell them that you're sorry you smoked in the house, And that you won't do it again. But respectfully yet firmly tell them you will not, nor want to, stop smoking.

Also, that merely letting you keep it in the house in a secure location similar to a handgun to prevent guests or children finding it, and letting you smoke in their garage or backyard after they go to sleep or leave, they cut the chances of you getting arrested IE All your college work will be for nothing, also saving you (and parents too since I'm sure they won't let you rot in jail) a lot of possible legal fees, best of luck to you

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

11. Why not try and convince them that it's not as bad as they think? The facts are on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. From the floor? that sounds kinda funny.

13. Good answer
    Op do this^ or just stop smoking till you can move

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

14. If you live with your parents and they don't like you smoking, you either do it when you're away from their home & come back sober (putting your items in a small safe) or quit. That is, unless you want to risk having a roof over your head that you can trust while you work to improve you and your future. Priorities. Cannabis will be there when you're done if you want to re-introduce it back into your life.

Seriously, "I don't want to quit" is lazy. If cannabis at this stage of your life is more important than having a place to live in for free/extremely cheap while you continue your education to give you a better future, then "do you" I guess. It will likely be a huge mistake that you regret later on down the line. Cannabis is great, but it's not going to be an extinct plant, ever. Be thankful you have options, but make sure you're choosing the right one.

15. Your a grown adult that is working and trying to get a good education. Your not harming yourself or anyone around you and pot isn't your life, however it is a part of your life. Even though you are living under their roof, I believe you should be entitled to the personal freedoms every American (if your American lol) should continue to follow.

Using pot to wind down after a long day is no different than coming home from work and having a drink or two, or to have a couple of cigarettes and even my anti-pot parents came home from work and got faded off of alcohol, yet they believe I'm the one harming myself haha. Hope this helps man. Stay faded :smoking:

16. #16 GratefulFred, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    You should probably move out.  I know you specifically excluded this option in your post, but it's really your best option if you're committed to keeping weed in your life.  I'm pretty sure a guy like you who can work part time while going to school can also find a way to get an acceptable living arrangement.  Be resourceful and start looking around (beyond your acquaintances who are not interested).

You can also stop smoking for a while if that's what's necessary to finish your education and get a good start in life.  I'm sure you're capable of this as well.

Otherwise, if you can convince your parents then great, but they sound pretty narrow minded to me. 

Your final option is deception which is the least desirable approach imo.

17. there is no law or rule stating you must smoke in your parents home. go take a walk or go on a bike ride. also you could be stealthy about how you smoke in their home.

18. #18 Lenny., Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014

Why would you want to ignore the obvious answers? This is a defense mechanism. You don't want to face the facts and realize that you probably have to do one of the two. And I'm honestly trying not to be rude.

I'm going to try to give you genuine advice like you requested. You don't want to jeopardize your relationship with your parents and I totally get that. So here it goes. You shouldn't be smoking inside of the house. You have to compromise. You don't smoke in the house and they allow you to continue living in their house for free (or atleast a vastly cheaper rate that you can afford, don't know what your situation is).  

Real life is full of compromises. The one I laid out is actually pretty easy. They get harder. 

Good luck.

19. Tell your parents that your going to continue smoking weed but that you will keep it outside of the house. Make sure you don't constantly smell like pot dude, I know alot of people that smoke and just constantly smell so bad. But then again I know alot of people that are clean shaven, bussiness(y) looking dudes that smoke all the time.
    Just make it clear to your parents that you do not intend to stop but that you will respect their wishes and keep it out of their house.
    You're doing great and make sure to point that out if they claim you are ruining your life; you're getting an education and working.

20. Good advice also if u can switch to a dry herb vape its a good idea keep that smell locked down and argue your point man smoke on!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum