Shopping For My First Vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by wanderlustical, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Hey all. I'm shopping for my first vaporizer, and have no idea where to begin. I don't really care if it's portable or not, and I'd like to spend $150 or less. Also, it needs to be good with dry herb, seeing as I don't have access to wax. Have any recommendations? 

2. I have a Pax but I've owned a nice plug in and the MFLB. Are you looking for a plug in or portable? Plug in do offer more temp ranges and I love my plug in. However, portables usually suite most ppls needs the best. My Pax is EXTREMELY discreet, has 3 temp settings, and is all self contained so you can't lose additional pieces. If efficency is your man concern look into the MFLB but it does has a learning curve. I would look around for a Pax for $150. A good tip (for any vape) is to grind the weed as much as possible. I use a pill bottle and scissors to find the best consistency. My friend has a FireFly but we prefer mine because it holds more weed and is easier to carry and use in public. Basically, what are your primary concerns? What is most important to you in a vape?

3. #3 lwien, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014

I would not suggest doing this.    There are too many fake, counterfeit Paxs out there at that price range.     If you want a legit Pax, plan on spending north of 200 dollars.

What sort of plug in do you have? I'm not too concerned with portability :)

5. There are always knock offs on any decent vape. With reviews and some simple google searches it shouldnt be too hard to find a legit deal at that price point. All depends what the OP wants in a vape

6. ★

● F ◆ T ◆ W ●

Attached Files:

7. #7 lwien, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014

I don't believe that you can find ANY new, legit PAX at that price point.

Google searches and reviews mean diddly squat being that most people have a hard time distinguishing the real from the fakes but for those that ARE interested in spotting the differences, please don't use google or read reviews, but rather, check out the following thread:

http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/1243984-beware-counterfeit-pax-vaporizers.html

8. i have one......this is for the OP. But anyway $200 is a good price for a Pax you can find them online for that from reputable places. I'd save up another $50 and go for the Pax. When it comes to vapes you never want to go cheap, well worth it to pay more for a solid device and its a good long term investment.

9. a nice standard desk top portable. It was like $175 retail got it for $40 off a friend. It rips....you can see the vapor cloud through the whip. Portability is a factor for many though. Being able to use your vape away from an outlet is a game changer i love vaping and hiking or fishing ect.
    Good to have both but portable seems more popular

10. Portables around 150
    Mflb
    Solo
    Hammer
    Lotus
    Firewood

Desktops around 150
    Blemished da buddha
    Vapolution 2.0
    Herbalaire
    Extreme q

These are just a few to start your search definitely check out fuckcombustion.com for detailed reviews on a ton of vapes.

^^ What @[member="Mr Horsepower"] said...

I own the Hammer, Firewood, and MFLB. The Hammer is my at home portable, Firewood I use at home and out and about sometimes, MFLB strictly for out and about, and those situations where I need to be extremely discreet, and when I want a hit in under 10 seconds.

Either vape costs under $150, and will OUTPERFORM that $250 Pax. I own one of those, and while quite a few people on here say its stealthy, discreet, and depending on who you talk to efficient, I can say the only thing portable about it is the form factor. If low smell and efficiency are NOT priorities to you, then go with a Pax. Beyond that, you DO NOT have to spend over $150 for a good vape.

What irritated me about the Pax is that it did not conserve a single gram of herb for me, stunk up my living room when I used it (even after a thorough cleaning), and had the potential to have a ton of issues with it. 

All three vapes that I own outperform the Pax in smell, efficiency, flavor, and portability. 

12. #12 chzdgg, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    This. Pax is overpriced IMO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app