Dwc Root Issues

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Guerilla King, Aug 23, 2014.

1. #21 GoldGrower, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014

I would say it's the number one suspect at this time. Do you have just the one pump per bucket?

2. You may have to read this more than once, I always try and keep it as simple as I can but I end up writing too much. anyway this is a quote of what I written for someone else earlier on and it explains about getting the ppm correct

3. Haha like a freaking newb I had a pump hooked up to two buckets thinking that "it's 150 gallons I should be good" 

I obviously don't have adaquate air supply for my plants. Dude you are a God send. Do you think once I clear up my oxygen problem that my plythium (or whatever it is) should go away. 

I'm really kicking myself, all I keep thinking is "idiot, idiot idiot". I should haven't known better. I research everything and spend hours and hours searching for answers to my questions before I post something. I can't believe I didn't figure this out! 

I probably don't have to use distilled water if air is my issue do I? I'm running really low on budget until I get my autos done. Every penny counts and right now it looks like I need to put a few towards Mr. Oxygen

4. I understand completely. I misread about the liters earlier so I editted the question about your math lol. My bad. I usually base my ppms off of your quote. They have been doing great as far as feeding is concerned. I had it at 1000 and they were loving it. I just figured I should drop it to let them heal. 

5. I use several of these pumps. They have 4x 2.5 lpm outlets, so 10 litres per minute. One of these pumps per bucket would be good. This is the minimum I would use, you could have more air if you wanted. The more air, the less likely bacteria can grow and the faster your plants will be able to grow 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. wouldn't that only be able to supply like 2.6 gallons an hour? 

My two port air pumps do I need to run hose from both ports or can I just use one. I know I sound slow but apparently I missed this part in all my research. Always grown in soil and hydro seems really easy if I can just kick this problem

What is the ppm of your tap water? If it's below 300 it should be fine for large plants, if it's below 200 it should be fine for even seedlings

8. it starts at 314. It has worked for a month and half. So I assume it's ok. (we know what you get when you start assuming things tho)

You will need to run an airline and stone from each port. 10 litres per minute is around 2.64 gallons per minute. Which is 157 gallons per hour

10. Once I get more air my problems should get rid of themselves right? I have great white coming and am going to add that. I'll do the h2o2 as well. I'm planning on ordering a 951 gph commercial pump. I'm going to split three buckets off of it with two airstone a piece in each bucket. That should do right? I'll put the other 4 pumps I have on 2 buckets. That sound like enough air? 

11. #31 GoldGrower, Aug 24, 2014

That's a 60 litre per minute pump. How many 5 gallon buckets do you have altogether? It could just about manage 6 imo. That will be pretty dam noisy mind. The plants would love it though, so much air, no way would you get any anaerobic bacteria growing with that beast running

What is great white? Is it suitable to mix with h2o2? 

12. #32 The Letter 3, Aug 24, 2014
    I found my 8 port 70 LPM couldn't support properly 6 5 gal buckets and a tiny cloner

1000 watt Scrog Journal

13. I'm not worried about noise or anything I'm just worried about getting this issue fixed. I don't do stupid shit like this. I figure if I have that pump then I don't have dead plants. The price online is very similar to a 500 gph pump so I figured I should get the bigger one. I have three decent sized plants that I'm going to be putting in between 2 600 watt hps so I want them to have as much as as possible. The other plants can make do with two pumps to a bucket. Now I've got to try get these babies to survive until I get a pump in

14. Great White - mycorrhizae beneficial bacteria root grow. I wasn't planning on mixing the two but having it when my problems stop.

15. OK here is how I'm going to get all my plants to make it with the pumps I have. It's a stainless steal cooking pot. I know your not supposed to use metal but It's all I have that I can make a smaller res out of. I'm only using it till Thursday when the big pump comes in. I read somewhere that there is a certain kind of container that you can grow in that is metal and is less likely to get diseases. Something along those lines. Anyone ever heard of it? I'm thinking about upgrading my res size and was wondering what I should go with. 

Attached Files:

16. Do you have a water pump knocking about? 

17. #37 Guerilla King, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    No, I don't have a water pump. I was going to get one but decided to stay with dwc. why?

copper is antimicrobial, that's why it's used for plumbing

19. Are there any drawbacks from using copper? 

That's true about copper, but it does react when the level of dissolved solids is as high as we use in growing. There is a reason why all hydro and fish supplies are plastic or titanium