Christians And The Movie Lucy

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ItsReneeYo_, Aug 23, 2014.

1. SPOILER ALERT.

so yea, went to see lucy today and i fucking loved it towards the end though when they were explaining how the universe came to be a couple people started walking out. there was like 20 mins left to the movie.

i was so confused. like aren't you supposed to be so set in your beliefs that the notion of some other belief wouldn't deter you? what are you so afraid of? that the way the movie explained things made sense and that its different from what your whole life is based upon? i went home and talked to my mom about it, and shes christian or whatever. she basically said its their right to walk out of the movie. well no fucking shit.but its ignorant, she also said when i was explaining the movie that god created the earth. and whatever scientific thoughts cant deter that.

i told her fine, why don't you think about it like this, maybe god is in the trees, in the ground, in the air. in the planets stars and oceans, in all the life forms and cells, synapses and neurons,. maybe that is god. maybe we are god, we control our cells and neurons and shit. maybe we are just a cell in another 'god' and the planet is just a neurotransmitter or something. but any-who let me not go there lol.
    i dont know i guess im just annoyed that people are so closed minded.

after watching that movie i was just thinking man, id give my life up right now to travel through space and time like she did. all the answers to all our questions about existence and shit. that would be on some other level shit. that movie just reminded me about how little we do know, and even what we do know is just a way of understanding. like mathematics. i said it before but its a human made thing.

blah blah blah movie movie movie, it was good. 

• Like Like x 3
  2. Christians aren't known for open mindedness.

• Like Like x 16
  3. i really need to see this fucking movie.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Movie was fucking awesome. Fuck those closed-minded people.

AN UNDERCOVER ALIEN

5. I also need to see that shit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think I will watch it now on solar movie or something.

Think about it like this, that movie promotes a lot of shit like being a god which is how satan tricked man so it's the same shit different package maybe they walked out because it didn't appeal to them and they didn't like the movie.

When we get to heaven you will be able to fly through the cosmos and know your true origins

God made weed, and man made booze, who do you trust?

7. Well in accordance to the Christian beliefs I'm sans a ticket to heaven darling. I am not worthy of such flight into the cosmos.
    What is heaven to you?

8. how do you know why they walked out? maybe they had to take a piss. maybe they didn't like the movie. maybe they were feeling sick. 

i saw the movie and wasn't a fan of the ending. from a cinematic perspective, that is. couldn't give two shits about religion. 

• Like Like x 4
  9. Well it's a big assumption, but it's funny they choose to leave after this Big Bang type thing happened to earth. And it was quite a few people.

And when I went home and asked my mother how she felt about it she basically started preaching so I can bet she would have also walked out.

10. correlation does not equal causation. 

maybe they all just felt like leaving. maybe they were theatre hopping and going to another show. 

the possibilities are endless. assuming the worst of people is sort of pessimistic innit  

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maybe, assuming the best is no better.

And any-who a big portion of the rant is directed towards my mother.

12. Sans a ticket?

Heaven is a world made just for us by god it has never been touched or seen and only the righteous will inherit that world where you don't need to drink or eat to survive but you can still indulge in it if you like,

God will also allow us to travel through the cosmos and explore the side of the universe that we can't see which is light

God made weed, and man made booze, who do you trust?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lol. Oh ok.

14. why do you post just like, and have the same signature as, marisol94

you get confused which account you're logged in to?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I didn't go to see this movie because in the trailer they used the old "Humans only use ten percent of their brains" shit, and that put me off.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Well then science fiction is not for you.

Humans have the capability to use 10 percent of their brain at a time I believe. Not only like, 10 percent of one part.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Haven't seen Lucy but from what OP said it sounded somewhat like the premise of the movie Transcendence. In that someone changed and became more than mere human(ie transcended). And that whole thought and premise intrigues and inspires myself. I really liked Transcendence because I can totally see humans as a species evolving/improving our biological selves via technology.

But back to the main point of the thread pertaining to those of christian belief and SciFi, I've met people that once they ascertained that I was not of the christian belief or in the belief of an omnipotence watching our every action, they promptly walked away from me and disregarded everything I am about. So I could also see the ignorance of people getting up an leaving during a scene such as the one OP described in that movie. I mean they obviously paid to see the movie but couldn't get past the ideas presented to see the ending. Guess they just missed out and wasted their money. Sucks for them.

Might have to go see Lucy for myself.

18. Basically what i've learned is: humans use different parts of there brains for different tasks, so trying to become smarter by somehow using 100 percent of your brain would be like trying to become a better writer by using every letter in the alphabet in every sentence you write.

It's a common misconception that seems to be the premise of a lot of films, Limitless also mentioned this and while I loved the rest of the film, I hated that particular scene where Vernon explained "we only use ten percent of our brains"

• Like Like x 1
  19. I agree the movie is cold lol and i would wanna travel thru space 2.

Well said