Hid Or Led Lights?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by CannaGen, Aug 22, 2014.

Welcome back, sir.

2. I love the fact that I asked one question and it snowballed into this wonderful and informative thread. Thank you guys for your expert advice and knowledge on the subject *Yoda Voice* "Blessed I am"

Stay medicated my friends~~

Attached Files:

3. sorry Brada I used that one cause I thought it looked the most like the advanced grid. I used the average of the 2x2 center of their chart so we would have a fair comparison. also the other charts i am finding all have the same 2x2 center measurement

I would like to see the SolarSpec grid to make sure those are not center par numbers. they do look like it. 

Nice i have a sativa and i am not afraid to use it!!! well not tonight pain is coming up so its time to break out some thunder from Alaska and get settled into the couch. 

I wish the LED companies would show the par per watt, the spectrum and the lux. that would show me what I am feeding, how much it cost me to feed and how intensely I am feeding. 

4. #105 bsless, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
     I would like to see the SolarSpec grid to make sure those are not center par numbers. they do look like it. 

You are right, sir.  All factory PAR listed are for the center reading only, unless stated; otherwise.  These are the other numbers to show it's multi-panel system advantage of multiplying the core coverage by 4x, and spreading them evenly within a footprint to offset the inverse square effect.  

This feature enables it to keep the fluctuation of PAR intensity within 20% from center vs. up to 80% loss of intensity as single high-power units, due to the inverse effect at the edge of the footprint or coverage area.  Notice how the intensity gets more even as the distance increases due to better light saturation.   The design enables it to keep the PAR intensity very consistent throughout the coverage area.

Spec1040 PAR in umol/sec/m2.

Distance to canopy                     Center                       12" from center                   24" from center(4'x4' perimeter)

12"                                      2550                                1825                                                   1636

24"                                      1785                                1622                                                   1521

36"                                        981                                  888                                                     786

48"                                        477                                  402                                                     386      

As you can see how effective this mulit-panel system in limiting the effects of the inverse square law to a minimum by putting the entire coverage area within the core coverage footprint of each panel.  

Even HID running those big hoods will suffer dramatic lost of intensity to this effect, and end up losing up to 80% of it's intensity by the time it hits the outer perimeter areas.  This results in under develop buds that ends up small, and fluffy, resulting in poor yield and quality.    

\nI wish the LED companies would show the par per watt, the spectrum and the lux. that would show me what I am feeding, how much it cost me to feed and how intensely I am feeding. 

Why, so we can forget buying their bs?  lol.  

This makes sense. If the centers of four 260s are placed 2" apart, this mean 4x 260s will have four 1294µmol peaks @24"? or is it even higher due to the overlapping light?

So, the logic - more centers = more peak PAR focal points. Gavita touches on this on their site (exploring other options). I believe it is called inter lighting. According to their site, overlapping at lower intensities (hanging the units higher) make up the difference (and eliminates shadows).

-PG

6. Do you have any High CBD strains? I have harlequin and its amazing for pain.... had a severe nerve pinch in my back, smoked a few hits and within like 10 minutes my pain was completely gone... better than any pain killer :)

7. I have not done that yet. I am going to give the high CBD a try :) thanks Brada! I have some nerve damage myself wow what a difference cannabis has made. 

For the SolarSpec it would be nice to see the numbers on a grid. look at the chart Icemud posted you can see how much a light drops off  just 6" away from the center. I know the Idea sounds great but data would be a better place to make our conclusions from. See if you guys can get a grid there are two types i am seeing the growers house grid and the advanced led grid. I have experimented with lower watt multiple lights and found it functions a little different than the experts said it would. I would love to get a look at a grid with the umol measurement on it so I might be able to see why. 

I have a real busy weekend but i am going to take some time next week and see if i can make a bigger list of current companies. If any of you guys have a link to share please do it makes gathering the data easier. 

I agree with you on the grid, but I can only post what I have been given so hopefully they will have this info on their website.

9. #111 Lixx, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    had to delete...

10. #112 Lixx, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    and this....lol....sorry
    Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. Lol! Hell yeah... It does. I have been talking to SolarSpec and they sent me this but it's of no use to me. The white LED's DO make sense to me. They also sent over the PAR values for all the models. But not in graph. Another thing I really like about SolarSpec is that they make their model numbers the actual draw wattage rather than the # of diodes x their wattage. That is a trend I hope dies rather quickly. Usually you have to rely on someone's prior experience with whatever said LED to find its actual draw from the wall. Thinkin bout gettin (2) SS 150's. For my 3x2 cabinet, that should rock! 300 true watts of white LED power.. Just workin out the details!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Looks as tho these are P.A.R/Spectral graphs for the light, indicating what color bands are in the spectrum & around what peaks.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Yeah, all I could make out was the spectrum and the peaks. But all those numbers and letters together like that reminds me way too much of algebra! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Do they have something like this?
    [​IMG]

15. Has anyone had any dealings with Aeongrow.com LED's? I just purchased one thier lights and am interested to hear anyones experiance with them?