Hydro Dwc / Led / White Widow X2

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by SupaAPE, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Gotcha. Well, I'm gonna use these nets for my first time with Scrogging. next time though, i can sort out something different. reason being is that i'm growing 2 plants in a tight space, and I still didn't add the second DWC bucket to the growing space. I'll try and force these nets to work for the time being. keep in mind the carbon filter which eventually must be moved like you said boss.

2. #22 SupaAPE, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    day 8

much faster veg growth compared to last grow...

;)

Attached Files:

3. I like it! I'm actually kind of excited to see how these LEDs make your white widow (my favorite strain by the way) turn out, considering I just learned about different lighting fixtures and what they do! I'm definitely subbed and wish you the best of luck! I'll be lurking...lol :D

~Higgy

4. I found this super awesome step by step tutorial WITH PICTURES on how to ScrOG from the very beginning!
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/lbh-4-way-lst-tutorial

~Higgy

5. I too am growing white widow! My first grow! I'm definitely subbed, good luck! Here's my girl

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

6. some shots from last night, one of the seedlings is growing much faster than the other.

Attached Files:

7. Hey guys...never topped before do you think my babies r ready to be topped ?

Attached Files:

8. i'm prepared to Scrog...but what about topping and/or FIMming or any other manipulation method at this point ?

good day all 

9. Honestly if I knew enough to tell you I would...but I don't lol I'm just enjoying watch everyone grow awesome weed right now and trying to learn as much as I can.

~Higgy

Yeah you can Top The Tips, don't worry about fimming, it's pointless anyway, it's basically a cocked up attempt at Toping. 

11. #31 SupaAPE, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    Day 18

hey guys :)

wassup all.

Here's the latest pics....I topped the plants a little over a day ago.

i've got a few questions though. Does the bigger plant look normal? I mean the leaves underneath? They are soo compact and it looks a little tight, crazy there. I'm guessing this might just be because of the strain? 

AFAIK, i don't really remember my other 2 grows looking like that...then again I've got much improved lighting this time around.

p.S side note going to be ditching the fishing net, and having  a proper Scrog screen built.

p.s do you guys have any recommendations? do you guys see any problems or things I could improve upon at this point? Fyi going to be removing the carbon filter from within  the closet, and taking it out to give me that much needed extra space.

btw, look at that stem holy jesus mohammed allah santa

Attached Files:

12. I have grown a WW cross

Your leafs are wider than they are long

Most likely due to too much red in the led panel

Add some neutral white household leds- HD sells Cree, among others. Lowes sells some nice ones too

Buy 2 cheap @ 2 bulb vanity fixtures (one on each side) + a few NW led bulbs

You'll be glad you did

Next led get white

13. #33 SupaAPE, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    yoyo Peflora....looks like you got some experience with LED tech...that's great!

well, my LED light has 2 switch modes...Veg and flower. 

Veg is purplish (yes there are red LEDs functional when veg is flipped on)

flower is all Red

When i turn them on at the same time, it's that typical bright pink haze, albiet a little more red than if Veg is flipped on it's own.

i hope that makes any sense?

I will most definetly be looking into white leds, thanks man. I've come accross some boards and thread prior, but at the time it was relatively new and I just wanted something I knew was bulletproof for the time being.

Anyways i'll revert the modes to Veg only. I had just flipped the Flower switch on 2 days ago ,, so that Veg and Flower were both switched on. That'll definitely reduce the amount of Red color in the spectrum for the time being.

14. Day18 

little update, cleaned up my closet. removed the carbon filter outside the cabinet.  much more needed space now, it's great !

however I accidentally partially snapped one of my plants stem...I think she'll be okayt though. I wrapped some tape and a nail around her, to stand her in place.

15. Use your light on full man. Yeah the nodes are tight but that's normal for plants of this age, especially as you have them under the LED. Red light lengthens internodes so having just the veg diodes on will likely shorten the internodes. 

They will use the extra light so you may as well have the flower diodes on as well. As long as it doesn't get to hot in there.

Short internodes is desirable, you talk like it's a problem, but your plants look great

16. Done , and done thanks...more to come soon, hopefully  :yummy:

17. #37 SupaAPE, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    some update pics.,....notice how there's a difference in size.

one of the things i like about growing, is that i get to understand the power of genetics, and how that plays a role in the animal kingdom as a whole.

what I mean is that, that bigger plant....well couple of days ago I broke the main stem by mistake. I put some tape around it and a splint. That still didn't deter the growth ! it has loads of huge roots growing into the reservoir....whilst the smaller one which was unharmed, is just beginning to grow  its roots into the reservoir .

Also, i'm starting to see the difference the Topping procedure does...these plants are very bushy and compact with what it seems to be 2 future colas formed at the top instead of 1.

I can't wait to get my SCROG screen completed.

Good day all, smiile ! :)

Edit: The bigger plant is on the Left this time, and the smaller on the right.

Attached Files:

18. I honestly didn't think it would grow after it snapped...but good job man! :D

~Higgy

19. Well it didn't completely snap off, it was hanging there so it was still partially connected :)

20. #40 SupaAPE, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    Day 22:

fresh reservoir change and nutes today

how's the girls lookin guys? what ya think ?  :wave:

Guessing the bigger plant with really fat leaves is more of an indica pheno?

Attached Files: