1St Grow, 2X2X5.7 Tent, 5 Gal Dwc, Mars 2 400.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Minnesotafresh89, Aug 22, 2014.

Well you will end up with some serious fans and become the ventilation wizard.

tiny vegging plants dont need the protection from outside light and they dont smell, better try and keep the tent open as much as you can.

2. #142 Minnesotafresh89, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    This is what I've been doing with my fans hahaha

Attached Files:

3. Might help to get the res on the ground? Hot air rises and touching a concrete floor will probably help too.

4. Yep and get a digital temp meter and keep rez temps in low 60s

5. #145 Minnesotafresh89, Sep 2, 2014
    Should I worry about light distance at all if I put em on the floor?

I know the thing to do here would be to lower my light with them haha, but I currently don't have any other option for hanging the light.

6. #146 Minnesotafresh89, Sep 2, 2014
    Just had light turn off at about 1:20 the temp now is 75
    Res is 69.4
    Humidity at 50%
    The led seems to increase temps by only 2-3 degrees most times. It was just 77 before it turned off.

7. #147 Pot Professor Paul, Sep 2, 2014
    Need any help hit me up guys! Lower rez down to 62 by meter freeze bottles bro lower temps also cut a hole in top of tent right above light. Re route fan to bottom of tent. Find a window to vent fresh air in from outside. Coo fresh air. Use a booster fan if u have to Trust me u need this to be no hotter than 87 during flower. Oopimum growth is 74 degrees. Water temps should not be higher than 68 degrees. The colder in the 60s the better.. Less chance for pathogens root rot ect. Plus low temps in rez helps transpiration in leaves stomata during rising temps and low humidity. As temps increase humidity decreases. U want 74 degrees and 50% humidity 24\\7 through out entire grow. Take a 2 x 4 munt to ceiling attach led to the retractable light hangers. Position right above center of tent. Cut a hole around entire led lights sides just enough to safely slide light through without any gaps between roof of tent and led... This will help led breathe. Plus almost all heat will escape. This is what I did to my tent. Check out my Solis tek OG dual 2 x 4 x 7 4 plant current week 2 grow journal

Yeah it's still important, you know how many different lengths/types of chain I have floating around lol.

9. I can't cut a hole in my nice tent bro! :lol:

10. I cut the entire roof off mine bro

11. That's commitment right there. haha.

12. Would it make a difference though even with the door wide open?

13. If ur led is 3 watt or better bride or better diodes with zeners in between u will be fine at 5.7 feet above canopy. Let them grow to about 21 inches tall scrog them into a screen and flip em. Plus ur led should be on a timer for 14\\10 during veg. And 10\\14 for flower
    Now when u fill the screen say after 6 weeks veg flip in pluck leaves bro defoliating is key to fat yields. Hit me up I'll help

14. Keep door closed no.. Fresh air circulating down below. A must! If ur led is a good one u will be OK bro. Cut good don't fuck up bro! Measure, draw outline on top of tent measure again line it up bro then carefully cut the square out. Save for later. Do not throw away. Also if ur tent has a reflective removable bottom take everything out of tent. Remove liner. Remove plants from hydro tub. Place liner on top of tub. Cut holes for planters/net pots. Now u have removed excess heat under rez and added reflective material under your leaves. Start training your babies now

15. Them are 5 watt LEDs bro so. In actuality they will drive half that power so is that 80 bulbs? Current draw around 190 watts at 3 amps? Penetration should be no problem but if u want to be really happy by another and slam 2 above tent cut off roof squeeze em both in there

16. #156 GoldGrower, Sep 2, 2014
    Adding nutes to plants that are that small is going to hurt them. Just use empty water for now.

Don't feel for heat, measure it with a thermometer.

Use a reflective windshield screen on the top of your res to insulate it against heat.

Are you able to have your air pump outside the tent? That thing will be sucking in warm air and pushing it through the water.

What is the temperature at the plants? And what is the temperature in the room outside the tent?

How come your reservoir isn't on the floor?

How come you have the tent's vents closed? Were they closed when you had the tent closed?

17. #157 Minnesotafresh89, Sep 2, 2014
    i initally thought they were too young aswell, but than someone said they might be hungry because they were yellowing bad.
    so i put about a fourth in there and the ppm diff from tap and nutes was less than 50, so i thought just a lil was better than nothing.
    what would be the best way to lower ppm while maintaining water level? scoop some old out, put a fresh cup in?
    i initially had the res on boxes to be closer to the light because of stretching. my central air is set to 72 in my BR. i just keep the closet door fully open, tent fully open. [except when i need to go stealth and shut everything]
    my cord vents and bottom round vents are usually closed. but both intake mesh windows are always open.

i thought taping the shit out of the bucket would help, in fact, the white tape seems to have helped keep the bucket cooler. but its not enough still. that windshield reflector idea is ace gold thanks, i thought the reflective duct tape would have done the trick. i will see if i can find one today, i wont be afraid to cut holes in that haha.

i just put the pump through one of the duct vents onto the floor. barely reaches the floor with the tubing length but i rearranged the stones.

thanks for the input P&C. i dont know if i can bring myself to do it lol.
    its one of those things for me that when its done, it cant be undone haha.

thanks for all the help and suggestions guys.
    im still trying to figure out a good process and how to get things more efficient.

18. are the babies still alive? keep door closed. find something highly reflective to place over rez like i said or like gold grower said. rez temps are a killer so is atmosphere temps. if you dont want to cut a hole in your roof of tent, buy a cheap tent off ebay like a hydro lighthouse like mine. 120 bucks bro. cut the hell out of it, anywhere and everywhere you think you want to ad something. get a big roll of extreme duck tape if you fuck up, tape it......never throw anything away you cut from tent. save for patches bro!. growing your own meds is expensive and you have to learn to make mistakes and learn from them.....i have well over 3,000 dollars into my indoor 2 x 4 x 7 tent.......and everyday i order more shit.........i want the best medicine for me possible.......plain and simple u want to fuck up and waste cash or grow bomb azz buds bro? if you keep messing up, you might as well bag it and by from a dealer on the streets or a dispensary. im not talking trash or putting you down. im telling you the truth. listen to an experienced grower and follow to a tee......once you get a grip of how its done, follow someone elses information. unless the person whom is teaching you is constantly evolving, their ways and methods to this madness is only as good as their first conversation bro......i learn everyday......i research every hour.......learn bro by mistakes, just dont let it cost you too much $$$$$$$ 

19. post a new pic of babies up close show entire plant from top to biottom. show roots too. if you got central air, run your frickin 4 inch fan with duct work to the a/c vent......attach so fan is pulling air into your bottom vent of tent bro. cut a frickin hole if it wont fit.......problem with air flow is solved!!!! cut the tent bro. bottom left or right of tent if you do not have a 4 inch inline air vent with zip cover not the square vent the round one like up top that u have fan hooked up to now. pull that a/c air into the bottom of tent. close door u want it to seal and kinda suck closed. now cut that frickin top just enough for the light........move the stupid cross members for the tents "re enforcement" to the sides of the led. dude if you dont want to cut it now, u will be sorry when u have problems down the road. i run 2 600's that produce 400 degrees of burning bulb temps in each hood........with my a/c set on 62 the lowest setting and a bad azz over kill inline fan, i battle temps, and im a master grower bro.......learn and do like the pros...........that is the only way to become advanced

20. here is the deal bro.....your tent is 5 feet 7 inches tall ok? your light requires minimum 12" clearance more like probably 18 inches ok? so do the math........5 feet 7 is 67" thats 67 inches ok? tent is too small height wise to begin with alright? what you have is a "mother" or "clone" tent bro. so now you have 2 options.......modify what u have or buy another taller tent......you could run it the way u have and just ADD another inline fan, say a really good 4 inch or a 6 inch minimum 400cfm..........this is to pull fresh air from your a/c vent. so you can jack yer light all the way up as high as it will go, keep inline fan up top, add inline fan down below like i said. but how tall is your rez cause your tent is 67. the light is probably 3-6 inches tall with light hangers you lose another 6 inches so now lets add them all up.....67 - 6 - 6 - 12 (if rez is on ground and is 12 inches tall) so thats 67-24 = 43 inches.....ok now subtract 18 from 43 25 inches right? you can grow 25 inch tall plants from the containers lid......so if you dont modify you will need to learn to lst, scrog, loli pop and defoliate otherwise u will end up with crap not worth nothing......oh yeah, you need a fan blowing air around in there someway somehow as well......im trying to help save you heartache and headache.....do what you want, if you listen and follow instructions you will succeed but watch out for bad advise. i wouldnt tell you to do something IM not doing myself bro