1St Grow, 2X2X5.7 Tent, 5 Gal Dwc, Mars 2 400.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Minnesotafresh89, Aug 22, 2014.

1. You will do fine, the set up looks real good. Be patient and in a couple weeks you will be smiling big time.

2. I hope snoop! Haha
    Would it be OK to put a frozen water bottle in that Lil thing?? Ice cubes? Lol

3. Hell yea, just make sure its clean if you use a bottle.

Why are you getting hot water? LED , bad ass fan.  You should open the tent whenever you can. let some air move.

4. Looking good mate, I think that tub is going to get pretty crowded though haha.

I got 3 180w Mars, pretty good value for the money.

5. Idk snoop my guess its not light proof enough, too close or something. Not sure really, I put a frozen solid bottle in there, see what it does.

I realize I hate the little glass therm I have, getting a digital one asap. too hard to read with water bouncing around it lol. Its a little lower than 80 now

6. Thanks dab. Yeah I can't even picture me picking up that lid later on without somethin bad happening lol.

Its the tent, I wish I had a buck for every tent grower with heat issues. They just can be a solar grow oven until you start buy fans as expensive as your lights. Whats the intake and exhaust set up again?

You are going to have to get it working better somehow.

8. This is what I feared, I can fuckin see my hand through the res there's so much light bouncing around. Plus I believe the light is meant for a 3x3 coverage area.

A 4" exhaust on top of tent no duct inside. But I got it on a speed controller on it for noise, I gotta go higher I spose.

9. Does it have a passive intake to draw cool air in at the floor level?

10. #31 Grow2dab., Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014

You'll probably get at least 1 male so won't be that bad but keep in mind 1 healthy plant could fill a 5 gal with roots by itself. And get your rez blacked out asap, apparently light on the roots can cause lots of problems.

I've been contemplating a frozen bottle too but I think it might work better in front of the intake and out of direct light, should last longer too. Haven't tried it yet though.

11.  yeah it has two mesh vents one for each side, id say they are about knee height, not really floor level, im using a floor stand fan, a round floor fan witch is fuckin louder than my hurricane, to throw my cold central air into to be exhausted by senor hurricane, honestly i feel like the tent came with 6" ports for a reason [duh].

shoulda got a 6" fan.

12. ok fellas question, would it be better to buy a black tote, or easier just to spray paint the outside of the res black?

13. figured, black spray paint was a high idea lol,

baked off the vape atm, then i could use the gray one for mixing and changin res and shit. somethin i should of already did.

14. You would be better off buying a black one and spraying it white

15. #37 GoldGrower, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    Do you have RUBs in your country?  http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk They are the bollocks. Totally light proof (black ones), very strong, come in loads of shapes and sizes and have flat lids so great for adding net pots. I prefer the low profile types like this 
    [​IMG]

16. one of those would be so bad ass. idk gold im sure there is somethin similar, matter of fact i think i seen somethin that looked just like it at the store, thanks bro!

how do you cut holes in stuff like that? im not a tools guy but i know i trace the net pot lid but then how do i cut cleanly around it?
    i need some brainstorming lol

17. ph is at 5.4 from 5.1 last night.
    ppm is 113 from 119
    i continue to have high temps, especially during the day.

the MN cold is near though.

Attached Files:

18. I was thinking individual buckets, then you can monitor each plant separately.