Would You Ever Suicide?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Omega369, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Sometimes, when a person is suffering too much, there's not much else they can do besides end their own life. Everyone has a breaking point. Most people are fortunate enough so that they don't have to stand close to the edge like that, and I wouldn't expect those people to understand about their own breaking points.

What he said... I figure you have 2 options, either proceed to end your life, or continue living, and living to the very fullest!

What one HAS to do, is die, while alive, if that makes sense... then you have no fears, no worries, no ego holding you back. I am currently in the process of trying to kill myself while still living!

3. Well we're all human, your willpower will diminish over time and it's understandable why someone might do it, but still knowing the fact that someone chose to take their own life will always be more painful than when someone dies of natural causes from my experiences at least. I was just trying to say that i'd rather not put my family through that if there was any way i wouldn't have to. 

4. Sometimes suicide will fuck up your life insurance. So I'd make it look like an accident or something not obviously suicide.
    Fuck dementia/alzheimers that shit is no good. Seen enough to know I will not want to live with it.

5. It might be painful to the people who are close to the person that killed themselves. But that pain might not even be a fraction of the pain a person might be experiencing if they follow some diseases through to the end. Did some research on ALS with all the talk of it going around recently, and if I was diagnosed with that shit I would put a bullet in my head on day 1 before I lost the ability to do so. Some shit just isn't worth living with.

6. No , I'm a big pussy.

But a pussy wit a life :D

7. If I was dying of some horrific disease I would stick it out for as long as the meds kept working. As soon as they stop, it's an intentional od for me.

8. No I dont think I would. I would stick around for my family and girlfriend, they would want me to fight till the end. Me personally wouldnt bother me too much to leave this place, it's so ass backwards and corrupt.

9. #29 RipperOfBongs, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    Ya I would if I got something like that... But I have depression and think about suicide way more than I should so maybe I'm not the best answerer

Although idk if I could. My cousin did it a few months ago and it was my first experience with it... And wow it really does suck
    Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I would, since I don't like the idea of not remembering who you are, which is all you've got in life. Also fuck diapers.

11. You act as if depression is just a "bad feeling" you shouldn't let overcome yourself.

Depression isn't a state of mind, or a bad day, or something you can just stop worrying about. It's debilitating and unrelenting.

12. I wouldn't commite suicide either way, but I don't blame her - it's a good reason to go. I feel like you're suppose to die when you're suppose to die, and shouldn't interfere with it but I hope she's resting in peace.

13. I've gotten so fucking close so many times in my past. All the way back to nine years old and trying to tie a noose in the shed, sitting on my bed with a shotgun in my lap six months after losing my best friend, hesitating and shooting the ceiling with the pistol that was in my mouth years later. I've been able to really crawl out of the hole the past few years, though. I consider myself a pretty happy guy, and haven't had those thoughts in years. Currently, I'm very glad it was something I failed at.

I really, really wish I could say no, but I honestly can't. I don't know what all my future holds. I've had some fairly serious health problems in the past, which drove a strong fear of disability into me. I feel pretty good now, and usually try not to think of potential issues in the future, out of that fear I suppose. I would never want to leave my kids though.

Rough question. Definitely made me a dig a little more than usual.

14. Hmmmm i feel like i might but when im really old. If i have to be helped around, constantly forgetting shit, and just in everybody's way, then yeah please kill me.

AN UNDERCOVER ALIEN

15. Unless I was facing some really terrible end due to disease, I could never kill myself. 

I've gotten kind of sick of hearing everyone go on about "suicide is not selfish" in the wake of Robin William's passing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but after RW died, anyone who expressed their opinion that it is a selfish move was just torn apart. Having lived through both my own depression and the suicides of multiple people in my life, it is my opinion that if you aren't dying of a bad disease, then it is kind of a selfish thing to do. I feel that it kind of says "I'm too far gone and no one in my life is even worth trying to stick around for".  Anyone voicing an opinion similar to mine recently has been met with lines such as "well you obviously have no experience with either depression or other suicides." Well fuck you, yes I do have experience with both of those things, and it is my opinion that suicide due to depression is a pretty selfish thing. However, I can understand suicide due to severely declining health, like to the point of not being able to function and basically being an adult infant.

And I have even less tolerance for people who are depressed and THREATEN suicide over and over again. Like, fuck off with that mind game, if you're going to do it then just fucking do it. Don't talk about it and make everyone around you a nervous wreck wondering if one day they will have to cut you down from where you are hanging or clean up your brains after you blow them out.

All that said, I was really sad about Robin Williams' death and I feel terrible that anyone feels that the only way out is to kill themselves, it just brings up a lot of bad memories from my adolesence, and lately I don't even feel like I can voice my thoughts because people have been getting so butthurt and defensive about it lately.

16. You don't think depression is a terrible disease? :confused:....

17. I don't think about it as often, but it's always there.

18. My knee-jerk reaction is to say absolutely and unequivocally no. And those sentiments come from someone who doesn't have a day go by without thinking about that moment of sitting on my bed and pulling the trigger. Words do not do justice of how unimaginably thankful I am for the misfire that followed. I've thought about it every day for the past ten years, two months, and eight days. I'll probably think about it for the rest of my life.

I am so fucking happy to be here.

But you raise a good point, and while I would no longer ever consider taking that road because of my own misgivings or depression, I can't imagine an existence that takes such a heavy toll on my family. If I were to have a degenerative disease that cost the people I love so much time, energy, focus, and finances... well, best not to dwell on that. 

It's definitely a tricky subject.

19. #40 froosh225, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    It's a terrible disease, but it's also a terrible disease there are multiple methods to ease the symptoms of. There are many, many, many ways to fight back against depression. It's not like a disease like ALS or advanced dementia or late stage cancer where there are literally only a couple of treatments that *maybe* will work.