Would You Ever Suicide?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Omega369, Aug 22, 2014.

1. #1 Omega369, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    I'm reading this news article about a woman in my province who committed a beautiful suicide; mattress on a grassy hill overlooking the ocean, downing a suicide pill with whiskey. She committed suicide because she was showing developing signs of dementia. She didn't want to forget who she was, wear diapers and require full time care (a burden) to others. She would rather die with dignity.

Which got me thinking, would I suicide if I was getting dementia or bad cancer? Would you blades?

Omega369

2. Sounds like a beautiful ending to me, Idk exactly what I'd do in that situation but just thinking about it doesn't sound too bad.

3. Depends on my mindstate at the time.

If I have to "live" on a machine, I told my friend to pull the cord. So maybe I will one day.

Ill know when the day approaches.

4. I could rationalize it. I don't see death as a terrible thing. It frightens me but not a ton.

I've been reading up on ALS and that disease is terrible enough that suicide would not be a bad option for some people.

5. I would not suicide. Being a burden to others would be my way of getting revenge.

6. I could fathom doing it, but I don't believe this is the end of existence (not any organized religion of beliefs). So it wouldn't scare me as much.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

7. Bowen island blade?

Read the story, it was nice to hear how she got some lucid solo time with her kids, and her husband was with her at the end. Funny how she insisted on dragging the mattress herself! :p

I don't think I could do it, I have a suicide taboo, logical or not, for myself. But I know I'd probably pray for death everyday.

I told my wife to DNR me if it's unrecoverable, vegetable, etc. Organ donation, etc. Even when you're healthy it's good to have a end of life plan.

8. I would rather go through unimaginable suffering than put my family through another suicide, so no. People never think that it could make their family members so depressed that they could do the same thing. I'm not going to be selfish in death. 

9. I'm much more scared of how I die than death itself. I can't speak of illness but fear might drive me to it. For example, if I was adrift in the ocean for days and my raft started to sink, I'd probably slit my wrist before treading open water.

10. Time will tell

11. I would. In Washington we have the "death with dignity" law, so we can have assisted suicide when a terminal illness is determined. I'm so glad of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I can't say I wouldn't entertain the idea, but actually terminating my own life isn't something I ever plan on doing

Sent from my mind

13. A family member died of that in December at 40 years old. Very very sad and terrible disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. a

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Once the fam is gone, I'm out - y'all never seen a fucker bounce quicker than me     :bolt:

16. I would keep smoking and finding a cannabis cure and enjoy life until I die fuck it

17. I don't believe in suicide. Take a chance and live. I believe fear makes u think like that. U never know what can happen. If u decide to live and don't worry. About making anybody happy yourself. And smile at all the bullshit. We live in a world that is full of hate. This makes me happy, my job my friends,my family. My mind is fully of shit but I have too keep living. And getting my life better. And smile at the same time. Not as easy as it sounds. When u have a lots of problems. But we keep living.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #18 Lenny., Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    I looked up suicide in the dictionary and it is actually able to be a verb. I apologize for what I was thinking about posting.

19. I think I'd rather die with a bit of dignity tbh, I understand suicide is very bad for family but I think they could, or should appreciate that it is better than suffering for a period of time.

20. Suicide isn't selfish. Especially if you have some horrible shit disease that is going to make your life not worth living. Check out a little disease called fatal familial insomnia. There is also a non genetic version called fatal spontaneous insomnia. If I had that shit I would put a bullet in my head after about the 3rd day.

Suicide isn't selfish. It is selfish for the other people in your life to expect you to stick around for a long, miserable, shit existence and a painful death at the end just because they have an addiction to your company. That is selfish as fuck.