Medicab Micro Grow/review

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Stonedrocker, Aug 22, 2014.

1. #1 Stonedrocker, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
     Hello everyone.
    So I know everyone is always about stealth and looking to grow while very curious about the grow boxes we see in High Times and more.

So since I've not seen any grows and much details on the boxes I decided I would give the Medicab Micro a review/Grow Jornal.

I mean 4 out of 5 stars in High Times why not right?

So far for the review side of it I was impressed on the look of the unit and yes it does look stealthy for thoes needing stealth.But I was not impressed with the rest of the system.

It is very noisy I've had tents with 600watt HPS with over 500cfm fans run with less noise so be ready to have a good hum with the pancake fans. Also running the LED with the CFL it does NOT have a good temp controll at all with the door shut,opening it up to over 100F temps. Talking about murder to your plants. So far I've been running with the door open and staying around 76F ( So much for Stealth tho) Although I have been able to keep the temps around 77F to 81F with ONLY the LED on and the CFL's off with the door shut.

So as far as a just buy and grow setup it's not working for me at all.
    Unless something is not right with my unit it's not very great at all.

So yes you can build more effective boxes for much less and have more room for taller plants.
    And I have made much better setups than this.

But I'm looking into trying to find a way to fix this to make it worth it and get through a few grows.
    RIght now I'm taking the intake fan and adding it to the exhaust for more exhaust and a passive intake well see how that works, Although it's not looking good still sitting at 88F so far with door shut.

But as far as the grow I'm giving it a test run with a Moby Dick XXL and Critical Mass,
    Both Autos,

I started the Moby Dick 2 weeks before the Critical Mass.

If anyone got any sugessions to helping with tips on getting a more stable Temp feel free to comment I'm sure everyone interetsed in theses setups would love to hear.
    Anything I can find that helps as well I will be sure to post.

I was really hoping the passive intake would help a lot but it's not looking good lol.

Hope you enjoyed the review
    Stay High!!!

Attached Files:

2. Here's a update.
    I can't seem to have much luck with the CFL's on temps are crazy high over 90F.
    But I've kept just the LED on so far and been having pretty good luck.

Attached Files:

3.  Heres a quick update.
    Moby Dick's Stem got a pretty good bend in it when laying over but maybe it will recover and keep growing.

Attached Files:

4. I will be following this grow journal.  Im looking to purchase this box, as well.

When the time is right can you comment on how effective this box is at keeping odor out of your living space?

5. So far I've not smelled anything when i have it locked but when I have it cracked so it will not overheat it does smell a little.
    I'll have some more pictures soon. The plants are just starting the flowering and looking good so far.

6. I'm also sorry I've not been that active on this Journal so far noone has been really interested in it so I've just been doing small updates.

7. Hello,

I'm very interested in this unit. I'm considering purchasing it. I'm very interested in your updates.

If it's doing fairly well with just the LED then that's not too bad.

8.  Hey, there are MUCH newer and updated LED panels than the one in this Box. I have the same box and unless their site states that the LED Panel has been revised or replaced, DON'T get this box SOLELY because of the LED panel. :)

Hey Stonedrocker, 
    I'm quite interested!
    I'd love to share some pix of this box in action to possibly a thread dedicated to the Medicab Micro. -I don't wanna "hi-jack" your journal/review.

9. Looking good!
    I'm surprised you're plants are doing this well with the lights so far away. 
    Moby Dick should 110% recover btw! 

10. I must Agree don't get this box just for the LED
    you can build a LOT better box with a Great LED light and do way better.
    and have better airflow with more stable temps.

Room Temps still at 73F and the box still gets way to hot with CFL's on with LED =(

But over all it's looking pretty good still no smell for them who's wondering.

I'll post updated pics here soon :)

11. Alright here's a few pics of them today just before watering. :yummy:

Attached Files:

Feel free to upload some pics of your fully budded plants done in this box and more I'd love to see some myself.
    :bongin:

13. Here's what's in my box at the moment :)
    ​ 20140922_232150.jpg
    My 2 rescue reggies/bag
    20140922_232445.jpg
    Closest leaf to bulb
    20140922_232126.jpg
    Smaller of the 2.
    I had a pH problem, someone on here told me not to pH balance and left me scratching my head when I was left with super stunted plants after a month+ of veg. 
    20140922_232113.jpg 20140922_232052.jpg 20140922_232041.jpg
    More of the smaller one^.
    20140922_232006.jpg
    Possible sign that this gal is a guy(?)
    20140922_231833.jpg 20140922_231807.jpg
    More of larger^.
    20140922_160236.jpg
    Soil-level Temp.

14. Looking great, Got controll of how tall there getting to i see.
    My critical mass auto was nice and is staying low and budding but that Moby DIck XXL auto it's just wanting to be a monster lol.

15. lol sounds awesome though! I might try Moby Dick XXL next. At the end of your grow, we'll see which one would get best yield in this box. I'm really glad to see someone else with this box :). I especially want to see how your plants bud with only LED, they seem to like it so far pretty well

Indeed I really wish I could use all the lights but temps are crazy lol.

so far the LED is not doing too bad I do sometime leave the door cracked and turn all the lights on and it stays perfect 75F with all lights on but as soon as i lock it it raises in 3 hours time. But I may do that once or twice a week while I'm sleeping getting around 6 to 9 hours of full light spectrum.

but 98% it's just LED because I'm not around to controll the temps.

Also last night I did the yeast co2 trick did 2 cups of sugar and half a TSP of active yeast and put it in a bottle, It's sitting in between the two plants.I don't have the stuff to add my keggin tank to the box or I would have done that. But I'd really like to do this first jornal on just the box and nutes that come with it. So it gives everyone the idea.

Then I'll try some different things to see what we can do to get the best of it. :hello:

17. #17 kartkid, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    Hey Stoned,
    I haven't seen any updates here for a little while. I'm guessing you're gir;s are making good progress? I'd love to see em :)
    Here's my gal, she's really spreading her wings hehe :D
    20141004_205503.jpg
    ^Shot of middle stems
    20141004_205432.jpg 20141004_205410.jpg 20141004_205358.jpg 20141004_205352.jpg

I've got her stretched but I'm trying to avoid being directly under the Carbon Filter or Fan... 
    Here's a full view [below], what do you think? :)
    20141004_205334.jpg

Cheers!

18. Ah yes sorry I was going to update last week but It was hard to get some free time.
    I did snap some pictures tho. :D

Moby Dick is coming along very nice.
    So is Critical Mass but a much smaller plant. haha
    I would say you could get maybe 3 or 4 CM in there and do very nicly if you managed the room :D

Heres last weeks pictures.
    I'll snap some more today and get them up in a few hours.

Attached Files:

19. Alright here's todays photos. Buds really starting to fully flower out now.
    I'd say in the next few weeks well be looking into the final nutes and flushing.

I turned the 2 CFL on in the last 2 replies to get better Photos of the Buds.

Attached Files:

20. Just a quick update,
    On the smell it's starting to smell outside the box some.
    Could just be from  the massive Buds on Moby DIck but when you get close to it you can totally smell it pretty easy.
    Also could not be a great seal on exhaust,I have not tweaked anything so far it's all going from out of the box.

When I was trying to contact support on the temp issues they kept asking about air circulating and what not I kept trying to tell them it's however they set it up so I'm wondering if it does not have a good enough seal and it's leaking out air. I've tried blowing Smoke/Vape from my Vape around the port holes and it does seem to be pulling in a little on the edges of the exhaust so the Vacuum could be off on my cab just a little causing the smell and temp issues.

But overall so far everything is still going great I've all the trikes are milky and I am going to harvest in the next few days after a little more nutes to push the final week and then a good flush,Since these things are drinking water like crazy should not take much lol.