Rooting Clones The Easy Way

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GoldGrower, Aug 22, 2014.

1. #121 crankz, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015
    For now, maybe some thin weatherstrip stuck to the lip of the tote and some spring clips (clothes pins), to clamp the lid down, could prevent some of the leakage?

2. Thanks man, Ill check the power adapter tomorrow. Those prices are way cheaper than what I paid for mine a few years back. I think I'll order one.

Can you buy floats for them. Or will I have to rig one up for it?

I think I have fixed my leak now, took some messing about and I'm still not confident with it lol. Hope it does the job because I have 66 clones in there

3. 66 clones of 13 strains
    [​IMG]

4. No problem, man!
    You got a lil sea of green there...

5. Not sure if you saw it, or have the need to ... lol, but I show how I mod a cheap timer to get the 3 mins on 3 mins off, that I run, in this post.

6. yeah when these are rooted I'm going to have a hell of a job planting them outside, I don't think I have ever cloned so many before at one time in my life. I think 24 was my previous record lol.

I don't think I saw that, ill check it out now

7. I'll say, that's certainly a lot of work in your near future. Most I had at one time was 32 in two fog buckets, but I didn't keep/plant all of them. The ones I did keep was simple planting in rockwool, or into the e&f tub and hydroton for sexing.

8. I probably won't keep all mine. I know out of the 13 strains I bound to get a few that don't flower well so these will probably be discarded

9. Hey there brother gold! How long can a keep a clone, or should I say, with little light and small amount of food, they should stay small for quite some time correct?

10. you could easily keep them in the cloner for a couple of months at least. Pruning the foliage and roots keep them small. I have done this many times when clones are ready before I am

11. I only just now saw this mate. Weather stripping is exactly what I went for but the lid has ribs all around the edge that has gaps of about 3" in between.

Normally these Really Useful Boxes seal up enough, but this particular size is designed to keep suspended files in. So on two sides there is a groove for the files to hang on. These grooves allow water to splash over the top and between the ribs in the lid.

I added weather stripping but water was still getting past. I then filled between each rib with a length of rubber tubing. This seems to have stopped it.

The lid being clamped down is a great idea, and luckily there are handles on two sides. These flip up over some lips on the lid and clamps down firmly

You can see the tubing filling the gaps in this photo. I planned to use expanding foam but didn't have any and the shops were closed so I used the tubing as that was all I had. It seems to be ok now anyway

[​IMG]

12. Get on that fog, blade. Then you only need worry of a little smoke escaping.
    Haha... No, honest, looks like it should work a treat now with the sealing.
    Spray foam sounds messy and permanent. I'd stay clear of that.

13. fog would have definitely been worth doing on this large cloner for sure, but at the moment the clones are all looking fully healthy and have had no problems since fixing the leak so ima leave it as it is for now. The fogger will have to wait until the next run

14. Sounds like the perfect plan. Best to save it for something non critical anyway. Not like it should fail, but I'd be jaded if my first attempt went as yours did.

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438440091.189011.jpg im trying to make one of these still need to find a dome for it .i dont have a sprinkler will it work with just an airstone D.w.c. wity some rooting hormone in it do you think?

16. #138 crankz, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
    Sure. So long as your water level is high enough, and enough bubbles are popping under and around the stem of the cutting to keep it moist.

17. yeah it will work but you have to keep your eye on the water level, if it drops too much the cuts can dry out. Keeping the cut ends right on the waterline works well. There's no need for a dome in hydro. They have access to as much water as they want so slowing down transpiration is unnecessary