Rooting Clones The Easy Way

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GoldGrower, Aug 22, 2014.

The water pump is always on. The stems would dry out quite quick I would have thought, probably within an hour. The stems are suspended above the water line so won't drown 

2. Followed, haha

How are you GG, good morning, happy growing here. :hello: :) ;)

3. #63 GoldGrower, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    I'd just like to say that I recently dropped a couple of ml of clonex in to the nutrient solution and it halved the rooting time. I have yet to run any more tests but I can't think what else could have caused it

Edit...

Credit goes to

4. Hi gold,
    Is dipping necessary then? That's what I usually do. But if just adding to res instead cuts down the time that's great!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

I haven't experimented much in this area. I would say applying the rooting hormone directly to the cuts certainly wouldn't do any harm but it's likely to get washed off very quickly.

I have just been using water and grow nutes at an EC of 0.35 - 0.40 and getting 100% success. I recently needed to have roots asap so figured I'd add a little clonex to see if it made any difference. It was added a day or two after I put the cuts in the system so didn't think about dipping each one. I may try it next time 

6. I will have to try that. I usually dip to accumulate a drop size and in they go. Usually takes me 10 days or so.

7. I like this a lot :) you may have just saved me $130 on an EZ cloner :metal: thanks GG :wave:

8. Damn was lookingn for this to share to you guys last night but couldn't find

Chef.

9. Well it was your post that sent me searching, so thank you chef! :)

10. :) bless.

Chef.

11. Here is my progress so far! Just need to make the neoprene inserts and cut out holes in the lid and I will be ready to rock! :metal: so far have only spent about $20 :D

Attached Files:

12. Btw, what diameter are those neoprene inserts you made? I have a 2.5" hole saw. Do you think this size will be sufficient? :blink:

Love this idea, GG you Beast!
    Good job on the build Teej, excited to fire it up and get some clones in there? 70 odd replies! should be a sticky.

Chef.

Chef.
    IMO 2.5 inches is more than big enough to insert a clone into!

Once again GG i just wanna say this guide is beast and should have way mroe than

14. GG rocks! Just finished mine up. I bought the pump locally so it cost me a little more but a fraction of what a cloner online would run me.

I had a problem with the pump not being compatible with threaded pvc fittings. I bought a small piece of tubing to use a slip over the pump. No pvc cement glue at all and its water tight. I used a 1 7/8" hole saw for my 2" net cups and they popped right into place.

15. #75 crankz, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
    I just converted mine over to fog. I've got a few of the single head ultrasonic mist makers, and wanted to see how well it'll work.
    So far so good. A couple are showing after 5 days.
    I'm running about 3 gal of tap water. The fogger does heat it up to around 76 - 78 F. That's with using a modded segment timer. Few mins on, a few off. No real science... (Removed a gear to make it roughly a 40 min cycle with aprox 50 seconds per segment)

image.jpg

Anyway, here it be.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edit: I also have a small airstone in the bucket.

16. #76 Grefen, Mar 16, 2015
    Nice! I kind of like the fog even better than the droplets. So same setup but different mister heads and a timer? I couldn't find any online. What are they called?

17. Dude at the 'dro shop was suggesting foggers to me, I am curious how yours turns out. They are made for ponds. Little ultrasonic fogger deal that just floats in the water if I am thinking of the same thing.

For mine I just used the tubing from a little micro jet drip irrigation piece (pic). The 360 sprayer threads right on and the tubing is rigid enough to stand straight up on its own. Then used tubing to hold it in place on the spout for the pump. Made a tight seal without any glue so I can take it apart and clean it if I want to.

Attached Files:

18. #78 crankz, Mar 16, 2015
    No pumps, no nozzles, just a single head transducer, and a tiny airstone (just to be sure to pump O2 in there).

The timer I bought from the hardware store, and modded.
    The fogger can be had here... http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html
    The one at the top is the same as I'm using.

I have a three head unit that I use in my ghetto humidifier.

image.jpg

Edit: Pumping air to the airstone also creates turbulence in the bucket, helping the fog rise.
    Also, anyone that plans to buy a fogger, buy a float bouy for it also. (around the bottom of that page).

Looks great man , thanks for sharing the photos

That sounds perfect, I think mine about that, or possibly slightly under

Nice job man. I managed to find a piece of tubing that fitted my pump and sprinkler but was way too flexible and flapped about every where so I slipped a larger harder tube over it and it sorted it right out 

My first try was with a floating fogger but it died within a week of using it. I don't think it was meant to be used continuously perhaps. They look great though don't they. I was really gutted when mine broke down, it was really expensive too lol 

20. I've got 5 of em. lol
    I got a deal on them a while ago. $20 each w/float and 3 new disks per unit. Teflon coated disks. I have yet to wear one out...