Rooting Clones The Easy Way

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GoldGrower, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Tap that shit like a maple tree and let it flow.

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

2. Yep super weed. Why would I come on here to lie about a plant rooting. It took 48 hrs I couldn't believe it myself. It was some sort of purple diesel strain. Is it really that hard to believe it? My seeds I plant in my rockwool are usually sprouted after 2 -3 days . You didn't have to take my post to heart and get angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Heya OP, where have you been man? it's been a while. Yeah I agree about the air pump. Having fresh air flowing through the root zone will definitely make a difference

No one is angry. You said rooting clones should take 2 days max. After you have done a bit of research in to cloning you will see how ridiculous that is 

5. Mine show roots within a week,using a dome and rooting powder for stems. Not sure what they are called but i use these brown sponge lookin things to put the stems in and then inside the dome. Never lost a clone!

Sent from my LGLS740 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. To actually make one of these i have to order multiple of each item, enough to make 10-12 at a time. Should cost a lot more but ill always have backups :smoke:

7. That's a shame, I have found most of the items single.
    Guess it's good having spares tho!

Peace 👽

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

8. What do you have to buy in multiples? 

9. #49 bubba ho-tep, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    Hey gold grower! Had a couple question for ya when you have the time. I have a cloning bucket just like yours that i bought off of htgsupply.com
    Im bout to take some clones tomorrow.
    I was curious if you know what your humidity is usually? And do you spray there leave's multiple times a day or do you just let em do there thing.

10. 2 things...

Don't spray your clones. If you are using a humidity dome spray the dome and not the cuts.

You want the humidity and temps to be high and warm. 60% plus on your rh will help the cuts from transpiring to much.

11. #51 GoldGrower, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014

My humidity is usually around 50%.  I don't spray anything unless it's to eradicate bugs, and then only on rooted plants, so no, I don't spray lol. 

I used to clone using peat pucks in a propagator (dome) and used to spray them. But when doing it in hydro or aero they have plenty of available water to the cut stem, so there is no need to slow down  transpiration via spraying and raising humidity

In fact faster transpiration will allow roots to grow faster. But I wouldn't use a fan directed on them or very intense lighting, that will probably be pushing it. When I have clones under large light I position them in a corner or border away from the intense zone in the middle

12. Think it's about time I got a pump, theyre like 6 bucks on amazon, then I could be one of the cool kids. this invention should be patented, its genius imo. cant state that enough.

Haha thanks man. I'm still using mine. I still haven't had one fatality. I cloned some tangerine dream plants and they took absolutely ages to root, almost 3 weeks, but none died, all rooted eventually. Other strains are much faster though, some only a take a week. 

I have been tempted to make a few and sell them on eBay. They may not be pretty and look a bit home made, but they work perfectly, and so cheap to make 

• Like Like x 1
  14. I really think he was talking about seeds....I had to read his post a few times

15. He talks about cutting the stem at different angles and dips in "root-tone" (i can only assume that's a rooting hormone) so I can't see how he could meemean seeds 

Ah, sorry, just read this post.
    Not sure why you would bring up sprouting seeds when talking about clones.

I have to admit I don't think I realized he mentioned seeds on his second post the first time around. And I agree, I don't know why he mentioned seeds at all. Maybe he was backtracking I don't know. His first post mentioned  cutting stems so he couldn't have been talking about seeds on that one. Very strange indeed. My guess is he probably have never  cloned and was just talking out of his ass and has since gone quiet because he's now looked in to it and realises how far fetched that figure was. He has had every opportunity to explain himself if it was an honest misunderstanding. I think we have all had those one time or another

18. #58 CanadianOrganic, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
    Hahah you know it. Rather shut up than admit you were wrong. ^.^

19. I think you sell them online. I almost bought a submersible pump for 8 bucks off amazon but decided against it. Thats all i need to finish mine :)

And some neoprene disks easily made.

20. Is this on a timer or is the water always on?