Israel-Gaza Conflict: Anti-Semitic Incidents up 500% In Uk Since Start Of Bombardment Of Gaza

Discussion in 'Politics' started by J-DILLA, Aug 21, 2014.

1. I stand with the Palestinians in most cases and I also condemn the fucking idiots attacking Jews in the UK. Disagreeing heavily with Israeli foreign policy is no excuse for violent antisemitism. 

2. 500% increase is isolated?

These attacks are not limited to England, but most of Western Europe.
    Well said!

3. #23 forty winks, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    I'm not condonning it, obviously.  But you ignored my other points.  Oh well.

I'm tired ...

4. disagreeing heavily with israeli foreign policy is antisemitism to some

5. FTFY :) simply disagreeing with a nation's foreign policy is not racism. Attacking people on the street because of their ethnicity is. 

6. #27 J-DILLA, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Not really.

It's when people involve racist stereotypes regarding Jews in a discussion about the Israeli government.

It's when synagogues are firebombed using the actions of the Israeli government as an excuse.

It's when crowds shout out "Hitler was right" at a pro Palestinian protest.

7. i figured it was implied but thanks for the fix

8. If I was at a pro Palestinian protest and someone shouted "Hitler was right" I would not hesitate to deck them. My grandmother survived a concentration camp for the 'crime' of being Polish. Fuck all Hitler supporters.

9. Why do you stand with the Ps?

10. my condolences

i am fortunate to live in a country where such stone-age savagery does not take place. 

Notwithstanding the responses garnered, still a good point.

12. Unfortunately it happen very often.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/08/11/anti-semitic-muslim-protesters-chant-heil-hitler-in-london/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the-israeli-palestinian-conflict-spills-into-europe-with-protests-anti-jewish-slogans/2014/07/30/36ca8d41-b5a4-4790-9b53-c94e75da4ba6_story.html

http://europenews.dk/en/node/82013

Ironically, all this will do is cause more Jews to move to Israel.

13. Because they have been incredibly marginalised and persecuted in cases for decades. Because I feel that the Israeli bombardment of Gaza has killed far too many civilians, especially children. Because the Israeli government is doing little or nothing to stop the illegal settlement building in the West Bank. I do not stand with Hamas, however. I'm not really a fan of socially conservative religious fundies of any stripe. Why is 'Palestinians' such a hard word for you to spell?

14. Welcome to Europe!!

If Canada and America weren't so ethnically diverse, we would be facing the same shit in Europe.

15. It also may put off many well meaning people including Jews from supporting the Palestinian cause. And give ammo to those who think all criticism is Israel is inherently antisemetic.

16. The vast majority of us Brits are not antisemetic. Don't let a number of morons make you think this is a racist country.....

17. #38 Lenny., Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014

i should clarify, the stone aged savagery is taking place in the middle east. that's what i was referring to.  but yeah, i like europe.  have been to London, it's as diverse as any American city. 

18. Never said most Brits are racist lol.

Believe it or not, the majority, if not all, of these attacks have been by Muslims in Europe.

19. Just because they are committed by Muslims does not mean all Muslims agree with them. Are they motivated by religion, sure, are they a representation of all Muslims, certainly not.