General Organics Go Box Of Nutrients

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ST4YD33P, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Hello.

I picked up General Organic's GO Box of nutes.

The schedule is pretty straight forward, but I had a noobie question.

Here is the schedule:
    [​IMG]

Now where it says Week 1 Rooted Seedlings (18 hour Photoperiod), does that mean I am already feeding them once my little sproutling has roots? I have 3 new females that sprouted 3 days ago. I'm not sure I feel comfortable already giving them mixed nutrients.

What do you guys think? They obviously have a bit of roots at this point in time, but still...

I would think the youngin's would be fine from the Fox Farm Happy Frog soil they are in for the first 2 weeks, then I could start the schedule at a 1/4 of the dosage, then to 1/2, 3/4, & 1/1.

The 3 are GSC, OG Kush & VBA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you.

2. I'm using the GoBox in my current grow (in sig) and am having great results in flower. I never used the veg nutes because my plants grew in FFOF through 6 weeks of veg with zero added nutes, the FFOF is hot enough to feed. Your Happy Frog will probably be the same way. About the only thing I would consider adding from the box in veg, which I would have if I had it at the time...is the Bio Root. You might need the CalMg at some point if deficiencies show up, but don't just add it "because". I didn't need it with my 4, until I got to flower then I hit them with full strength.

I'm in week 7 flower now, I just stopped feeding and started my 2 weeks flush for harvest. But for the 7 weeks I used the flower nutes, I consider it a successful grow. My ladies are huge, and this will be a heavy harvest. My buds are medical grade, no pesticides, no deficiencies, all organic (premixed... :rolleyes: )

For the price, you can't beat the GoBox. I paid less than $40 shipped for mine off Amazon. There's no way I could piece together everything it came with for that price, and the nutes work really well.

P.S. I'm also growing GSC (thin mint) :wave:

3. #3 ST4YD33P, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014

That's great. :) I've heard only good things about the Go Box.

I actually have been going by the schedule, starting at week 3. Which means I've added the Cal/Mg quite a few times now. 
    I'll probably skip the Cal/Mg next feeding.

I'm going to wait until week 2-3 before I start to give the 3 young ones nutrients.

The 3 youngin's are going to be flowered 12/12 starting yesterday when my power went out all day, lol.
    Should I start at the Week 4 (Transition Cycle) once they're 2-3 weeks old? OR should I start at Week 5 (Early Bloom)?

Yeah man! I checked out your pictures in your signature. Great looking stuff.  :bongin:  :hello:

Thank you again for the help.

4. #4 Doc-J, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Ive run happy frog soil with the go box nutes several times. Its a great nute regiment. I usually start feeding around week four, or at about 21 to 28 days from seed. I start at 1/4 strength and go upnfrom there. Since I normally begin flower around 28 days in, beginning of feeding starts about the same time as the flip.

I dont follow any schedule strictly. Consider more about what is happening with the plant, and look at each component in the kit and pay attention to what phase of plant grow it is used for rather than what week it should be used. The first two to three weeks after flipping the plant goes into the "stretch" and has massive vegetative growth though by some definitions the plant is "in flower". During this phase I feed the same as the schedule says for a vegging plant, at 1/4 strength. Once actual buds start to form I switch to using the flowering nutes, either at 1/2 strength or using 1/4 veg nutes and 1/4 flower mixed for a stronger solution but a more balanced n-p-k. In mid flower cycle I end any veg nutes and go to flower nutes until the last week, then water only.

I dont use the cal/mag at all. I add lime to the soil and water with tap water so none is needed. I actually have toxicity issues if I add extra.

Thanks bud. :)

Yeah, I'm going to see what nutes from the Go Box I can drop for future feedings/grows. Like you, Doc, & NGP said, to use the Cal/Mg when I notice a deficiency. 
    I've been using the puree'd squid & I have also been adding a little bit of Diamond Black every once in a while. They are looking quite bushy & perky today. They just received their first scheduled 12/12 last night & everything went according to plan.  :metal:

Now I must continue to have them receive total darkness for that 12 hour period. Right now it's running dark from 12 midnight to 12 noon. The little amount of light that gets into the room does not make it into the tent, so I think I'm able to give them the night time they need.

It is week 4 & 2 days from the day I put their germinated bodies into the soil. Second day of flowering. I still cannot tell what gender plant #'s 1-7 are. A lot of flower locations, but still no pistils or balls yet. I'm hoping I will be able to tell within another week. Plant #8 in the tent is a female, Northern Lights x Diamond Auto. She's got white pistils all over herself... so dirty.

#'s 9, 10 & 11 are the youngin's. They are not inside the tent yet because they are so young & I don't want to fry them under a 1000 watt light.

I will also be flowering with a MH bulb. If I do happen to run into some extra funds, I might pick up a HPS, but I haven't heard too many bad things about flowering with MH.

What do you guys think?

6. I got the go box just the other day and I'm loving them and my girls are. I fed them the day I got the nutes and the nextday fuckin they grew so much they loved it.