Led/cfl 3Rd Grow Northern Lights X Big Bud

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gingerb, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Looks great man, those buds will still be quality smoke once they're ready. How are they smelling? A bit spicy sweet I take?

2. Yes very strong sort of spicy/skunky, I was just expecting bigger buds by now.

3. it's just genetics I hear some times. Like golden goat looks like an awesome cbd strain and high in thc. But has the highest yield of 80 grams. Still seems fine to me. :D

4. Maybe am used to certain strains now, the LST went perfect on this NLxBB but something happened midway into flowering.

5. Last day of Week 9 of Flowering
    Nutes have been upped this week, using 4ml bio bloom, 4ml topmax and 1ml bio grow. (also added 1ml of mag/cal) I've noticed some growth changes to the buds but still unsure I am really getting any major swell on the buds. I'm gonna allow for an extra 2 weeks flowering, will be starting week 10 on Monday and feel I can go another 2 weeks then flush at the end of week 11 and let it have one last week on water in week 12.

Trichs under my lupe are showing some amber and a mix of cloudy and clear.
    I'd say maybe between 3 to 4% amber at the moment, but its the most amber I've seen since growing anything strain so far.

First few photos were taken a few days ago, the 2nd row were taken a few mins ago.

NLBB63.jpg NLBB62.jpg

Taken today:

NLBB64.jpg NLBB65.jpg

6. Ending week 11 of flowering
    Sorry got very slow in posting updates, not sure I'm holding out any long on this NLxBB the swell has really happened. Just fed with nutes today and gonna see how it do over the weekend, then I think I will be flushing early next week and basically harvesting at the end of the next week.

Got a good amount of amber now on the buds, at a guess 5% but more on the leaves then the actually bud. Slightly disappointed with this plant consider I had an amazing start with it.
    At a guess I feel I'm only gonna get poss 20g in weight after drying.

NLBB67.jpg NLBB66.jpg

7. About time mate lol thought you may of given up on the updates.
    Looks to me like they're ready for harvest now. I harvested mine before i saw any amber due to the high i wanted from it. Worked perfect by the time i'd flushed, i'd seen mould in some of my larger cola's.
    When i looked through the scope practically all milky :)
    BTW mate your going to get more than 20g, i'd say be more hopeful like 50g personally.

Sorry only just seen your reply, yep was considering flushing this week but fed nutes yesterday.
    You really think I'll get 50g, I hate judging plants by harvest weight.

I just thought the NLxBB buds swelled up alot more, but I could be totally wrong on that for this strain.

9. Nah it's sound bro, i would stop feeding nutes now, get 3 more drinks in of plain water then after the third let the soil dry out and if poss turn light off for two days.
    I've heard some people say it works and some say it don't but i tried it and my stems were bending over when i returned... Something i'll be doing again mate.
    Yeah i said with my grow i'd be happy with 2oz a plant, reasonable after 6 months of growing. I thought anymore is just a profit, i profited big time lol
    I personally think you've done decent to be honest, maybe your over criticising yourself?
    Hope you have a good weekend pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Cheers man, yep going to be flushing early next week and then giving it a week to dry before I chop.
    I think I was just hoping for a bumper crop, as its my last grow of the year along side the sweet skunk I have going.
    Think next year I will use up my various auto seeds and then go back to growing photo strains rather then autos.

11. Ok I went and flushed today with 6 litres plain water, may give them another litre mid week depending on how the plants looking.
    Aiming to poss harvest/chop next sunday or monday evening.

Will post photos midweek regarding progress.

12. Fair one.
    Yeah i just order AUTO ultimate by dutch passion for next year, couple of other AUTO's in which it'll be a new game for me as my first grow was photo. I'll probably keep to growing in COCO.
    I ordered some of those girl scout cookie seeds, i'll probably make a little thread later on next year once i get the tent up again.

13. #153 gingerb, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    Not heard of ultimate auto what sort of strain is that?
    I've grown more autos then photos, but am starting to think i need to go back to photos again.

But have a blue cheese auto and bubba chesse auto to grow early next year also.

14. beautiful grow man, did you happen to top your plants at all?

Cheer man, this was an auto strain and I've been told not to top autos as it takes the plant a good few weeks to recover from it.
    I just LST NLxBB plant, it was the first time I've done LST but seems to have turned out ok.

I've topped a normal photo period plant in the past and it grew really well after topping.

you're right, you're not supposed to top auto's

but it looked like you had 4 main sprouts before the LST but i guess it was hard to tell because of the fat leaves

17. Middle of week 12 flowering (Flushed waiting to dry)
    Just waiting for the plant to dry out after flush am hoping to chop and hang on sunday.
    Photos from today.

NLBB68.jpg NLBB69.jpg
    NLBB70.jpg NLBB71.jpg

18. those look nutty man, great job