Led/cfl 3Rd Grow Northern Lights X Big Bud

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gingerb, Aug 21, 2014.

Just what I was gonna say Weedman! :hello:

2. Day 56 (Starting week 5 of flowering)
    Ok hit a problem this week, am pretty sure its nute burn to some degree otherwise I have not idea what causing the yellow burn effect on some of the fan leaves.

See photos below to see what I'm going on about, I have feeling the NLxBB can't take nutes each watering. Which is what i switched to this week, just watered again this evening with just plain water.
    \n NLBB37.jpg
    NLBB38.jpg NLBB39.jpg

3. Day 60 (Week 5 of flowering)
    My plant has some sort of mag/cal deficiency, hence why alot of the leaves have gone yellow.
    Was water with just tap water on sunday, with nutes again yesterday.
    Plant still seems to be growing but the deficiency I feel has slown things down a fair bit, just coming to the end of week 5 of flowering. Was hoping for alot more bud development, will see what happens next week.

See photos below from this evening:

NLBB43.jpg NLBB42.jpg NLBB41.jpg NLBB40.jpg

4. Looking forward to an update mate, bet they are changing everyday now.
    Mine have been swelling a beaut, very pleased. Will upload a picture tonight mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #125 gingerb, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    Day 64 (Start of Week 6 of flowering)
    Hey Weedman1664 an update just for you, the NLxBB has really suffered from this cal/mag deficiency.
    I pulled off most of the dying/crispy yellow leaves from the plant last night, so the plant is looking abit light on leaves now.
    The newer lower growth is growing green and there is no more sign of the deficiency touch wood.
    Bud sites have started to dust up slightly which is always a good sign, I feel due to the deficiency I may of lost of a week of full
    on bud growth. 

To sort the cal/mag deficiency, I got some plantmagic cal/mag that was mixed into my litre of water along side my normal nutes.
    Its too early to say how well its working on the plant, I may at next watering just water with the cal/mag but will see how it goes over
    the next 3 or 4 days. I was expecting to harvest on the 3rd week of Nov but have feeling due to setbacks its look like more end of
    Nov or first week of Dec now.  I really want a good swell on the buds, but so far thats not happened.

Photos from this morning:

NLBB46.jpg NLBB47.jpg NLBB45.jpg NLBB44.jpg

6. Holy moly! They've come on well bro.
    Definitely some development on the main cola's. Probably doesnt seem so much as you see them everyday but looking lush bud!
    They've probably become more compact too, i'd watch the amount of nutes though, not sure but looks like a burn to me with the tips.
    Have you tried using Epsom Salts? If you dissolve a teaspoon's worth with warm water then add it to your feed it works miracles for me. I think i read somewhere that it also helps the plant absorb nutrients better too. (Thats with coco anyway) i'll get my facts right tonight as i'm in starbucks having a hot chocco atm lol
    After week 3 of flowering mine done exactly the same with the yellowing i believe it's only natural for it to so wouldn't worry much mate.
    Not sure when mine will be ready for harvest i need to get one of those
    60x telescope gadgets to see the colours turn cloudy/orange.
    I'm week 7 of flowering tomorrow :)

7. #127 gingerb, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014

Yes got told about epson salts may give it a try, if i keep getting yellow leaves.
    The cal/mag is meant to work in the same way, it was looking way to yellow last week.
    I may just water with cal/mag later in week and give the nutes a rest.
    Do you water with nutes every watering?

You should be able to pickup a scope/lupe with x60 mag for under a tenner off a market stall.
    I've got a few I use one has x60 mag on it.

So your a week head of me, I think with my little setback of yellowing leaves I will need to add one or two weeks
    on to my flowering time. But am in no major rush to harvest this NLxBB, I also have a sweet skunk going thats just
    gone into its 2nd week of flower but thats a smaller plant and pot.

I take it your in the UK to if your siting in startbucks currently?

8. Yeah you should give it ago mate. When you buy it over here they ask why... Fuck knows, just say you got a bad belly haha.
    I did water with nutes everytime but last week i had an entire week of just using ph'd h2o a little pk13/14 with epsom salts.
    My run off had a greater EC than my input so thought i'd try level it out, let the plant consume the spare unused nutes that are sitting in the pot... This week gonna build up and smash it with nutes for week 9 then flush it till it's ready for harvest. LSD is usually around week 10 +.
    On my next grow i think i'm gonna do nutes nutes the plain water then back to nutes nutes. Just so it gives the plant a chance to soak up any excess.
    I'm in no rush either, as long as it's before xmas i'm sweet bro lol
    Takes as long as it needs to, will be worth any amount of waiting.
    You in UK yourself pal?

9. Yep like the sound of nutes nutes and then water.
    Yes am SE of London town.

10. Till about 20/30 percent runs off

11. #131 gingerb, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
    Day 71 (Start of Week 7 of flowering)
    Here we are in week 7, I think the NLxBB has taken a knock with the cal/mag deficiency.
    But am seeing improved growth on the buds over the last 3 or 4 days, overall the planet is looking abit greener compared to yellow.
    I last feed was with no nutes and just 1ml of cal/mag plant magic, next feed with nutes again.
    I've figured I don't think I am gonna get as much bud as I hoped from this plant, but I maybe wrong and have a last min swell in
    the final weeks. I think i am aiming for 10 weeks and see how well the trichs are then, possible 11 weeks at a push.

If anyone has got any advice for me please give me a shout.
    Photos from this evening:

NLBB48.jpg NLBB49.jpg NLBB50.jpg NLBB52.jpg NLBB51.jpg

12. Looks about done to me man. They look damn good man.

Only looks done, due to the early yellowing of leaves which was part of the cal/mag deficiency.
    I think it has at least another 3 weeks min, but will have alook at buds under scope see what they are looking like.

14. There's still new white hair's, plenty of time for those to fatten up pal. Looking good, personally i would probably rip them damaged leaves off. Only personal though. Hope your well, M25 is murder dunno how you live round that way traffic must be horrendous.

15. #135 gingerb, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
    Yep it took a hit for a week, am in No rush to finish.
    M25 is Always crap,, where you based?

16. Same here mate, although i would love to have my green readily available now :smoking:

I'm already stocked for Xmas!

18. After an inspection with my glass to, I'm already seeing a few amber trichs.
    Fingerscrossed for a swell in the next couple of weeks on the buds.

Some extreme closeups photos below:

NLBB53.jpg NLBB54.jpg
    NLBB55.jpg NLBB56.jpg

19. #139 gingerb, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    Day 77 (Start of Week 8 of flowering)
    Am starting to think this NLxBB is not gonna recover from the cal/mag deficiency.
    Buds are developing slowing and getting frosty, but going into week 8 of flowering I would
    of expected to see alot more growth on the buds by now.

Just upped my nutes while feeding today, I'll see how it pans out this week.

NLBB57.jpg

20. #140 gingerb, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    Last few days of Week 8 of Flowering
    Not alot happened this week, been keeping eye on the trichs and I am guessing I have a poss 2 or 3% amber.
    Still not much in the way of swell, I'm gonna keep the NLxBB going for at least another few weeks.
    Bit gutted this grow started so well but seems to have stumbled midway through, on the plus side
    I do have a very well Sweet Skunk growing along side this thats 4 weeks behind it.

NLBB58.jpg NLBB59.jpg
    NLBB60.jpg NLBB61.jpg