Led/cfl 3Rd Grow Northern Lights X Big Bud

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gingerb, Aug 21, 2014.

1. looking good man! real tight node spacing! you probably have the light nice and low. the joys of LED's :D

2. #42 gingerb, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    Coming to end of week 3 since my seed popped, all going well.
    Could't wait any longer and have started LST, will update with a few photos friday evening.

Am going to keep with routine of watering with nutes every other watering,
    currently watering with 600ml and 1ml bio-grow.

Fingerscrossed I will expect to see signs of flowering by the end of next week,
    last autos I grew started to show signs of flowering on about day 25ish I think.
    Going to be interested to see how the LST goes.

3. #46 pcava, Sep 12, 2014
    The NLXBB was a pleasure to grow. I grew mine in a 3 gallon smartpot and it took off! I'm curing the bud currently and got about 45 grams dry off her. She smells spicy and sweet as well as being incredibly sticky! Did you get that seed as a freebie from herbies?
    Subbed btw

Sent from space

4. Here's a pic of one of the main colas (I lst'd the heck out of her)
    Small bottom bud that I quick dried and smoked. I got plastered off one bowl.

Sent from space

Attached Files:

Nah I paid for the NLXBB seed by world of seeds, I buy most of my seeds via attitude seed bank.
    I've heard the NLXBB are good producers, I'd be more then happy with 45 grams but keen to break my record and get over 2oz.
    I just started LST yesterday and hoping it will help produce more bud, rather then just growing normally.
    My nodes are tight as hell, but this is the first time I started off a plant correctly compared to my last few grows.

That bud looks nice, are you currently growing at the moment?

6. Yes I am! I have some other plants in the works. I have a Barney seeds Tangelo Rapido that I've lst'd in a tent with led/CFL and I have another tangelo growing outside in a 2 gallon smartpot. Despite what I've heard about Barney seeds, I think they're a pleasure to grow and have a 100% germination rate on the 5 seeds I've gone through.
    I also have a white label Northern Lights auto that I did slight lst on but wanted to keep small as I'm growing 5 plants at once under a 300 Watt led/2x23 Watt cfls.
    I have a blue treacle growing like a Christmas tree just to test the seed and see the nature. I have a small seedling growing in a 3 gallon airpot which I plan to lst and I have another Northern lights (currently 1.5 weeks in) in a 3 gallon smartpot as well

Sent from space

Attached Files:

7. Same mate, heard small amounts of bad things about barneys but my LSD germination and grow has been spot on. Really tuff strains.

Nothing wrong with Barney seeds, recently finished a Barney's Bubblelicous.
    Barney's coffee shops in Amsterdam are pretty good too.

Never heard of the Tangelo Rapido your growing what sort of strain is that?
    Sounds like you like your Northern Lights, I used to love that bud back in the day.
    Also whats the black treacle strain?

I take it your stateside right?

9. I got a free barneys farm chronic thunder fem. Actually may try that after my pineapple express auto.

Let's Smoke About It....
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1320164-Sade's-First-Grow-Green-Crack

10. Never had a Bubblelicous though, looks like a solid grow. I saw your last report on it, like the dozen of other people telling you; I bet it would yield nicely if it had a bit more attention (that WW took a bit of your time I saw)

Tangelo Rapido is a more sativa dominant plant that grows like any other and doesn't really show the sativa until it hits flowering. It literally shoots up and stretches like no other. She was around 3.5 feet when done with the initial stretching, I think that is about 106 cm tall in the metric system. She has a good smoke, doesn't get your plastered like NL or WW, but really mellows you out and makes you feel giddy/happy. More of a small euphoria with a good body high. I dried my first batch in about 6 days and jar'd it for about a month and the smoke was smooth and nice. A good plant though. It doesn't yield much, but the quality and smell was enough for me to want to grow 2 more plants. She drinks and eats like a hippo, really takes up everything and the bud production isn't too big, I think I harvested around 30-32 dry on one plant (that was my first plant in a 2 gallon pot or 7.5 liters). 

I do love my NLs, most reliable and solid smoke for me. From the autoflower perspective at least, NL is easy to grow and stays bushy, yields nicely as well. I am more of a Sour Diesel or Haze(Purple Haze to be exact) but the amount of time going into flowering them is ridiculous for me.

The Blue Treacle strain is an autoflower as well, I believe it is a cross of Blue Berry(Photo type/ non-autoflower) x Sweet Tooth (autoflower) to produce this strain. It is a bit on the unstable side as I've heard but so far, no problem at all. She stretches a lot like the Tangelo, but branches out much more vigorously and has a interesting scent that I can't really describe. Not Blue Berry, but smells like really cheap candy like the lollipops they give out at the Dentist office. The seedling I have growing, I'm going to LST it a bit as I feel like the branchy/stretchy nature of the plant will LST really well.

Yep, Sunny California. 

Hows that LSD going? I have a LSD seed sitting around that I want to get to, anything I should look out for while growing it out?

11. Subbed! I have three bubbilicious ladies going now. They are nirvana strain started out very thick but looking really good. I dont know how to post my journal but i least i will be able to follow this one.

Anything TheHerbalDoctor says or does is PURELY fictional as TheHerbalDoctor does not exist :) Toke on my friends

12. Cheers for the sub HerbalDoctor.

Lastest photos of my plant this evening, with first part of my LST.
    Will be start of the 4th week of grow on Monday next week.

NLBB12.jpg

NLBB13.jpg

13. #59 gingerb, Sep 12, 2014

Kick you in the head indica's are always good, find it strange most growers in the UK always grow some sort of indica strain.
    Where state side alot of growers like sativa stranges.

The bubblelicious went part hermie on me in the last few weeks i think, did't seem to effect the sweeth tooth as such.
    I think now the bullelicious and the sweet tooth have been curing for about 25 days or more now. Both are nice flavoured
    but slightly different from each other, just got into vaping so I can taste the buds so much differently then when smoking a joint.

Tangelo Rapido sounds interested, not so far really grown any sativa dominant strains.
    Uk growers seems to always grow indica strains, but have tried a good few sativa's this year from out of canada.

The WW i grew is really nice the smell in the jar is just fine now, but its not the WW i thought it was gonna be.
    Back years ago I used to get this bud so called WW but it was all very white/grey in colour, I think it was just called
    WW to make it sound good. I so want to find out what this white/grey bud was back then.
    Don't get me wrong the WW i grew smokes a treat now and I was impressed I got roughly 40g on my first grow,
    but fuck it was a learning curve.

This BBxNL is the first plant I've actually started correctly, with no problems at all.
    No stretch, perfect lighting plus good temps in my tent.
    But first time I've giving LST a try, hoping the BBxNL responses well to it and I don't snap or break anything in the process.

Black treacle sounds interesting with the cross of blueberry x sweet tooth, could be on to a winner there.
    I like the idea of the candy smell to it aswell.

I've got a good number of other seeds left to grow, mostly autos at the moment
    But am keen to try a small scrog with some normal photo plants as I feel I could control the plants better now after 3 grows.
    Plus I feel just from the WW grow, the photo plants could product alot more bud/weight.
    Only downside for me is I only have a very small grow tent, so at a push i could get 3 or post 4 plants in 3gal pots.

One part of states not been yet is sunny Cal, must be a bitch to grow in major heat.
    I was growing via the summer in the UK and that was worse enough for tent temps.

Make sure you sub to my journal, as i made need further help with my LST.