Led/cfl 3Rd Grow Northern Lights X Big Bud

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gingerb, Aug 21, 2014.

1. #1 gingerb, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    Ok this will be my 3rd grow (2nd grow with autos)
    Going with the NL x BB as I've been told it can be a very big producer, my last x2 auto plants only
    produced roughly 23g dry weight from each plant (which was more then I expected considering I was paying them that much attention). At some stage one of the auto must of went hermie on me as I did get some seeds in the main cola, but seeds have really damaged the strength of the bud.

Current setup:
    60cm x 60cm x 180cm grow tent (Scrubbed clean after last grow)
    LED 300w light (actually draw 165w)
    300w CFL (one of the massive light bulb kinds)

Pot size 11.5litre
    Soil is John Innes No 2/Perlite
    Will be using BioBizz nutes (Biogrow, BioBloom & TopMax)
    Will be first time LST an auto plant so am keen to see how much more bud it can produce.

Seed has been in a glass of water for the last 24hours and now has been transfer to
    a wet kitchen towel as I've down with my previous grows.
    Will plant seed once see tap root coming from seed.

Will start the seedling off with my LED light for 12hours lightcycle for a couple of weeks,
    then switch to 18/6 lightcycle (I'm a beliver in that the plant need a rest off from light)
    I will update with a photos by the middle of next week, please sub up if you grown NL x BB in the
    past would keen to know how this strain grow.

2. Subd! Should you not start your seedling on 18/6? As autos only get to veg fir first 4 weeks or so. They need as much light as a they can get from the start!

Sent from my ST26i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Or even 18/4. Starting them on 12/12 could be why your last batch had seeds. Just a theory

4. I may give them a week 12/12, but read somewhere recently someone did 12/12 for 3 weeks then flipped to 18/4.
    Only reason i did 12/12 last time was I had a normal photo plant in my tent at the time which had to keep on 12/12/

Fingers crossed I won't get seeds, I think my previous autos were either over fed nutes or just bad seed strains.

5. Seed germed, was planted in soil/perlite friday evening.
    Just waiting game now as to when the seed will break soil.

6. #7 Bubbashine, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    Subbed!

7. Looking forward to this grow bro, looking at starting this strain after xmas. Good-luck!

8. Monday 25th August 2014 (seed popped soil)

Ok my seed has popped soil this morning.
    After some advice from the guys on the Uk growers group here on GC, I've setup my LED roughly 9" above my seedling.
    Will be lowering the LED slightly depending on growth over the next couple of days.
    Am hoping to grow this plant with no stretch, compared to my last x2 grows.

9. nice mix! good to see theres a few bass heads on GC ;)

10. Think I might start a bass oriented music thread, all things bass :) what you guys think? Could be a good thread to go to when you're baked out and want to listen to some rippin baselines ;-)

11. Going with 18/6 light cycle as of tommorow.

12. Cheers for the subs!

13. #18 gingerb, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    Only 3rd day since popping seed, see photos below first being day 1 and last photo being today day 3.
    No sign of stretch at all, LED lights are down to 6" now.
    Runnning 18/6 lightcycle, will be giving a drop of water friday evening.

NLBB0.jpg
    End of day 1

NLBB1.jpg
    End of day 3

14. Anyone tell me how much water I should give my plant on first watering, will be 5 days since popping soil tomorrow.
    I think the plant could got another 2 days before watering, but just want to know how much water?

Am in 11.5litre pot.