Thoughts On Michael Brown And Officer Wilson

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ProGMO, Aug 21, 2014.

The point is the cop will be protected by the courts, regardless what the masses do.  That's why your lyching analogy is silly, inappropriate and inflammatory.

The rest of what yer saying in the post is pure conjecture ...

2. #22 ProGMO, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    No my lynching mentality is absolutely appropriate. When a group states they will not accept anything other than guilty and will have no regard for the law unless they get a guilty verdict, then you have and they are nothing less than modern day lynch mobs. 

You are not thinking about what they are threatening. You also give no credence to the courts, I do. But like OJ regardless of the outcome the I accept it. Do you have a white guilt complex or some other psychological disorder? 

Conjecture? It is what these protesters are saying, not conjecture at all.

Again, lyching was an actual thing that happened to specific people at a specific time and place.  In no way are you going to see a lyching of this white cop.  Quit playing the race card, it serves no constructive purpose.

And quit insulting me; remember, you asked for thoughts on this subject and I'm providing you with mine.  This is the world wide web and if you wanted only specific thoughts that you agree with, then you should have said so in you title.

And just for a chuckle -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

4. #24 SmokinP, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
    The Spanish are one of the more racist of European countries.
    Ask any black footballer.

Rioting looks ugly, it costs the state financially and would frighten potential investors away, you are correct.
    That said it is the only tool the average citizen has to challenge the state. In the US it is very risky because American cops seem to go Rambo at the drop of a hat.

In Europe the cops don't shoot you, they use batons and shields. It's a fight pure and simple. A free for all. I have seen my fair share of them and the rush you get is nearly spiritual.

It should be on everybody's bucket list...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #25 ProGMO, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Helping each other out and trying to resolve differences is better suited for a bucket list. As far as cops go, I want them to protect my property so I do not have to shoot protesters myself. Killing is an easy but messy business. Cops do not seem to handle killing well. Look at this community in Missouri, when was the last time a cop shot someone in it? Their grievances seem exaggerated. if the developments continue with this OW and turn out true, I will say good for him, he should have shot the kid in the head the first time. 

If not, then I hope the cop gets go to a black only prison and be the shower boy in the unattended stalls. 

The white only Euro fucks are pretty racist. Danes, Belgians, Baltics, Russians ect.

6. #26 Rotties4Ever, Aug 21, 2014
    I realize in a world of black and white and Palestine vs Israel, this might be a tricky concept to consider, but instead of fanning flames of racial tensions and inciting violence, have you considered non participation in anything you consider immoral, which by the looks of it is not saying much, considering.
    damn I said considering too many times, I need to learn some new words and expand my vocab

when, like certain people ;) you live in a world that is dominated by a limited spectrum of what is considered okay, not okay, moral or immortal - you dont get the necessary perspective required to allow you to see things from different angles, thats why they always say travel and see the world, if more people did that and just talked to people from all corners of the world, they would see through a lot of this bull thats artificially created to divide we the people.

7. #27 SmokinP, Aug 21, 2014
    I would never take part in something I don't believe in. You are correct I am to a degree black and white. Happily so... Simplifies life, you should try it brother...

The reason I am supportive of the rioters Is I think they are right. The shooting was ridiculous. The fact that it was a black guy who was killed is irrelevant, let's not focus on the colour.
    The act deserves an uprising and not before time...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I love my perspective. My mom is from Yugoslavia (serb), I am from Iceland, my wife and son from Lithuania, and my daughter from Oman. At 50 i have lived about 10 years outside the US. Everywhere from Panama, to Afghanistan and many points in between. About 4.5 years in Germany.

9. Do we get to mob too. I need a new big screen and a free bottle of booze.

http://www.texasgopvote.com/issues/restore-families/justice-james-black-cop-shoots-unarmed-white-veteran-orange-tx-over-racial-slur-0057061

http://www.texasgopvote.com/issues/restore-families/justice-james-black-cop-shoots-unarmed-white-veteran-orange-tx-over-racial-slur-0057061#sthash.6OkQH4Xa.dpuf

11. #33 Rotties4Ever, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    What I meant was instead of fighting against this supposed boogy man, try to live your life peacefully, all empires crumble, everything that is based on evil will cease to exist sooner or later, its inevitable, I guess what Im trying to say is try to Channel some Ghandi philosophy.
    While yes it does simplify life, and simple does in some way equate to easier, but its not always the most accurate depiction of reality, in fact it can be argued that its actually distorts reality, as life is rarely, if ever, black and white.

I wasnt trying to suggest that the rioters dont have a cause to be upset, only that if they choose to riot they should, at the very least, admit to them selves that they do it because it makes the feel good, not because they objectively believe that this is the best way of doing things.
    Suppose we (us, everyone) were to look at it from a perspective where our intentions are to prevent these sorts of tragedies from repeating we must educate our selves on the causes and real solutions.
    Sorry to say but you have to have complete disregard for history, and the need to remain ignorant, to actually belive that rioting and violence solves problems,( maybe try to work for a government? :p)  if rioting solved anything, it would have prevailed by now.
    Yes while I agree skin colour shouldnt play a role, it does, and people still eat it up, because people are so caught up (with the help of good ol' media) on skin colour is the reason racially motivated crimes still occur,
    We just dont have time to read a book and educate ourselves, we'd much rather find reasons to fight.

Sorry I keep picking on you, but I know you have the capacity to understand exactly what it is I am saying, you just choose not to.

12. Its funny how information about the cops eye doesn't release until 6 days later, not to mention he was standing around the crime scene hours after MB was murdered, not in a ambulance or even holding his eye and everyone believes it.  Nobody believe the eyewitness (MB's black friend) or the store clerk who stated the police came demanding footage and even edited the tape to make it seem as if he had a situation. Even the store clerk said he didn't make a police call or feel as if it was necessary.  Why they don't believe the friend because the media labeled them as "thugs". The full tape shows MB at the counter. I like the play on words also, he "robbed" a store prior to his murder. Last time I checked if you steal anything from a convenient store its considered shoplifting but that's another way to play with the minds of weak minded individuals. Its a bunch of cover up that NOBODY WANTS TO DISCUSS, like why a statement has yet to be released from a officer who killed an unarmed citizen 11 days ago. My thing is this you can shoot up a movie theatre and still make it to the back of a  police cruiser, but a black man who killed nobody is murdered in the street and people say oh he get what he deserves. They labeled Trayvon a thug after he was killed, they labeled Jordan Davis a thug after he was killed. Oscar Grant was killed with his hands cuffed no weapons or drugs on him. This isn't a debate I just want you to look at how images of people are changed when it comes to a BLACKS getting murdered. I wont be replying or reading anymore bevcause it seems everyone already know there stance on the situation and its sickening to hear n read some of the posts. I hope one day your eyes will open........

13. That shit would never fly in Texas.

14. #36 ProGMO, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    When you push a store clerk and steal property that belongs to the store it is called strong armed robbery. I hope that helps.Your ignorance can be stopped by reading this. I will deal with one ignorant statement at a time: Many states define robbery as theft/larceny of property or money through the offender's use of physical force or fear against a victim. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/robbery-overview.html#sthash.7oBv04pl.dpuf

he clearly robbed based on the video evidence, would you now concede you made ignorant comments. I assume you are a cop hater.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/robbery-overview.html#

15. Finally picking up my conceal carry permit after all these years. Too old to grapple with 300 lbs young men.

16. Im not sure how anyone can watch that security tape and not realize he robbed that store. The clerk tries to step in front of the door, is wrestled away and when he steps up again Brown turns and walks menacingly towards him.

He strong armed the clerk for some cigars. Period.

17. Who you hung out with says a lot about you Michael Brown, it may not define you but it surely is an indicator. I hope the report is wrong but everything is starting to make sense in a sad and subtle way.

ABC17.com reported Wednesday that 22-year-old Dorian Johnson, who was with Brown when he was shot, has a warrant out for his arrest for stealing in Jefferson County, Missouri from 2011.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/21/key-eyewitness-in-michael-brown-shooting-reportedly-has-warrant-out-for-arrest/?intcmp=latestnews

18. Does this indicate whether or not OW was justified in using deadly force?