Cannabis Couples Have A Better Relationship

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Storm Crow, Aug 21, 2014.

1. http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2014/08/19/marijuana-in-marriage-equals-less-violence-study-finds/

\tMarijuana Use Results in Less Domestic Violence, Study Finds 
    Get ready for another blow to reefer madness dogma, as well as a big “No doy!” from the marijuana community.

Instances of intimate partner violence are inversely correlated with marijuana use in newly married couples, a new study published in the Psychology of Addictive Behavior found.

The study - published August 18 - sought to examine inconsistent findings about domestic violence among pot-smoking couples. So they looked at 634 couples over nine years. The results:
    “we found that more frequent marijuana use by husbands and wives predicted less frequent [intimate partner violence] perpetration by husbands. Husbands' marijuana use also predicted less frequent IPV perpetration by wives. Moderation analyses demonstrated that couples in which both spouses used marijuana frequently reported the least frequent IPV perpetration.”

Contrast that with alcohol: “The evidence suggest that alcohol use increases the occurrence and severity of domestic violence,” according to the World Health Organization.

There was one caveat to the new marijuana marriage study, however, and it pertains to violent women who smoked pot before their marriage. “There was a significant positive association between wives' marijuana use and wives' IPV perpetration, but only among wives who had already reported IPV perpetration during the year before marriage.”

The findings suggest that “there may be an overall inverse association between marijuana use and [domestic violence] in newly married couples,”, but if she likes hitting the bong and then hitting you, marriage isn't going to make that situation any better.

Certainly holds true in my marriage.  :smoke:  :smoke:   In over 45 years of marriage, the hubby has hit me just once!

We were in our camper with no lights on, and I sat up in bed... just as he yawned and stretched!  And BAM!!! :eek:  I ended up with a fat lip.  He spent the next two weeks (almost constantly) apologizing to me.   :laughing:

Granny