California Allocates More Water Than Available For Use, According To New Uc Study Read More Here:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Earth Ling, Aug 20, 2014.

I even went across your border with a couple of them filled with water.  No problems to report, and our vehicle was thoroughly inspected.

2. Fucking nestle they are selling our water back to us and my g/f buys it 4 cases at a time :(

3. Read an article recently about how much water almond trees require....

said it takes 1 gallon of water to produce 1 almond......

4. Your point. I don't mind the almond growing because a majority of that product stays local.
    What gets me is the rice. I think it's somthing like 90% of the rice grown in ca gets shipped over to Asia.

Car
    It takes an estimated 39,090 gallons of water to make a car. It's unclear if that includes the more 2,000 gallons used to make its tires--each tire takes 518 gallons to make. [1]
    Pair of Jeans
    It takes around 1,800 gallons of water to grow enough cotton to produce just one pair of regular ol' blue jeans. [2]

Cotton T-Shirt
    Not as bad as jeans, it still takes a whopping 400 gallons of water to grow the cotton required for an ordinary cotton shirt.

Single Board of Lumber
    5.4 gallons of water are used to grow enough wood for one lumber board. [3]

Barrel of Beer
    In order to process a single barrel of beer (32 gallons of booze), 1,500 gallons of water are sucked down. [3]

To-Go Latte
    It takes 53 gallons to make every latte, as I've noted before:

That sugar, doesn't that have to be grown as cane first? Hm. And then there's that plastic lid, which has to be created and distributed over hundreds of miles. And doesn't plastic require a pretty vast amount of water and oil to produce? Come to think of it, there's the sleeve and the cup itself too . . .

Gallon of Paint
    Takes 13 gallons of water to make.
    Individual Bottled Water
    This irony shouldn't be lost on anyone: it takes 1.85 gallons of water to manufacture the plastic for the bottle in the average commercial bottle of water.

One Ton of . . .
    Steel: 62,000 gallons of water
    Cement: 1,360 gallons

One Pound of . . .
    Wool: 101 gallons of water
    Cotton: 101 gallons
    Plastic: 24 gallons
    Synthetic Rubber: 55 gallons

Tea (8oz) -- 7 gallons;
    Beer, barley (8oz) -- 36 gallons;
    Coffee (8oz) -- 29 gallons;
    Wine (8oz) -- 58 gallons;

Eggs -- 573 gallons;
    Chicken -- 815 gallons;
    Cheese -- 896 gallons;
    Pork -- 1630 gallons;
    Butter -- 2044 gallons;
    Beef -- 2500-5000 gallons; (Global figures for the water intensity of beef vary so significantly that an average isn't particularly informative, so a range of figures is given)

5. Tahoe tap. Better then any bottle you can buy.

6. Climate change man.  Things could get bad in a hurry.

7. #28 BRZBoy, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    California is reaping what it sows. 20-30 years of no water planning, mismanagement. About the only thing they do is hand out fines and pray to the gods for rain.

Right now California is literally being sustained via underground water sources which are running out nearly all throughout the state. Some counties now are using port a johns, public showers. There houses are also worth zero because of it. Who wants a house where nothing runs out of the tap nor ever will for some time.

The draining of underground aquifers is not sustainable past about this year. Expect huge increases in crop price, and 30-40 million people going bat shit in about a year or so. Couple that with ultra taxes, highest poverty rate, intense regulation, loss of massive amounts of jobs its time to move.

The other fantastic thing is this drought may be just the start. Geological records show California every few thousand years experiences droughts that literally turn it into a desert for 50-100 years.

Hey come on over to Texas. We have under 3% unemployment in some areas, jobs a plenty, no income tax, and hardly any corporate taxes.

8. If the state wasn't trying to sustain a population of some 10+ million people in the middle of what is supposed to naturally be at Desert we wouldn't be having this issue. No one told the farmers in so cal that they have to plant there.
    So cal already killed the co River and now they are trying to steak the delta from the north.

Your very correct about that. Take Las Vegas there water crunch is coming as well. Its 100% unsustainable without massive engineering. What needs to be built are massive desalination plants. They would rather give out over 1 trillion dollars worth of subsidies to the sucks on Obamacare. Ponder that..11 million people roughly 1 trillion spent on there needs while nearly 40 million very soon will be without water.

10. hopefuly I'm gone by that time

-yuri

The sad thing is you won't. If your in Vegas your screwed. Lake Mead is half empty. Vegas recently had to re drill a pipeline to the lake at great cost because the water level fell below the old pipeline. They were on the path to drill this massive pipeline to a underground water source in North Nevada but that got canceled when the community found out about it.

There is a plan to build another dam around the current dam to catch more water. That will take eons to do though.

[​IMG]

12. ill be in Hawaii before any of that becomes an issue

My mother in law lives there and she wants uus to move there. If shit hits the fan in Vegas we have an easy out

-yuri

13. Check out the ones from Folsom
    Or lake Oroville. They make lake meed look full to the top.
    Oroville was down 175 ft last year and this year will be even worse.

14. California's government has subsidized so much population growth while at the same time driving away productive middle class members of society that they have created this problem. 

15. I am trying to figure out how jerry brown Has been governor for like 20+ years.

16. Not consecutively. But he is definitely part of the problem. California is essentially a one party state Arnold Schwarzenegger was basically a democrat. Not that Republicans are better but they need a third party or some new blood. 

17. #39 BRZBoy, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015

Hes considering a POTUS run as well LOL.

What amazes me is there still going forth with the High Speed Train. I think they have earmarked 7 or 8 billion for that and the bloody thing will cost 90 billion dollars. For the amount of money just spent this year on it many desalination plants that will provide many more jobs and end this drought foolishness forever. Everything from construction, IT, security etc are involved in plants like that as well.

That train is also very sad...the state has been taking people's land away to build it.