Are you a Mac, PC, or Linux Fan?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by F0urq, Aug 20, 2014.

?

What is your favorite OS?

1. Mac OS/OSX

2. Windows

3. Linux

4. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I use various CAD programs and GIS software so I am pretty much stuck with PC but that isn't really a bad thing. I want a mac for music recording because they are great for that but for the rest of what I do I need to have a PC.

I personally think it's a lot more enjoyable using the mac OS but that's just me. I find windows pretty boring to use but that's the only thing going for a mac in my opinion. I have always bought mac laptops but for a desktop i need a pc.

3. I'm a PC guy always have been, just don't like the feeling of the Mac, its so flowly and fluid for me. I like structure and plainness, don't need all those fancy things.

4. Linux for me now :)

5. nice man, there's more linux users around than i would have thought.

6. I pick android over iPhone every day of the week, but when it comes to wanting a quality and reliable machine, Mac is the way to go. I haven't ditched PC yet though, still have windows 10 installed on my MacBook just to keep familiar with the OS.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

7. #127 jay719, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
    I've used both and prefer Mac. Windows is playing catch up in the area of design and integration and windows 10 just shows microsofts failure to innovate.
    I could care less about pc gaming and can't think of any other realm where windows software is an advantage. my iMac has more than enough hardware power with a core i5 and 8gb ram. It will do anything I need it to do, and does it better than my windows machine.

I like android for phones and tablets but iOS is just as good. windows phone isn't even a consideration and probably Microsofts most obvious failure in decades.

Apple offers me the ability to integrate my desktops, phones, and tablets better than mixing and matching solutions.

8. I have used mac and pc, and prefer the PC. I really like how Apple designs the physical hardware in their computer, but I simply do not like interacting with any mac os. They are like Linux systems, but on lock down. Mac software is also to flashy for my taste.

On the plus side, macs are apparently decent for designing videos and Photoshop, but I do not own Photoshop and I have not done video editing in over a year.

My favorite overall os is windows, since it can play games, followed by Linux (Slackware for writing text documents and internet surfing, Ubuntu for most other things.)

9. PC fanboy, because videogames. I started with an Apple II, and that was two decades ago. The only Apple I've loved since has been my iPod Touch 2nd gen. Every other personal computer - PC.

10. Macbook Air..

11. I am a PC because you can get more programs through windows than you can with a mac.

12. Mom: Mac
    Dad: Dell
    Me; HP
    Sister: Gateway (LOL)

Dude, you're getting a Dell!

Me: OH HELL NO (assembles own rig)
    custom rig later: Advanced Micro Dynamics ftw, never looked back

13. If something breaks in your Mac you have to buy a whole new one. You can't even have java on Mac or play half the steam games out there.

14. The brilliance of Steve Jobs cannot go underscored enough. That being said his investment to trust Microsoft for that 5 year deal between 2007 and 2012 was a great marketing strategy.

When I sit down to face a computer, always a windows machine. If my pocket could vote, it might want an apple. But Google has the override on that, because Nexus 5 was that prototype phone I was waiting for, for such a long time.

-PC user

15. Pc. I can dual boot my computer

16. steambox?

[​IMG]

lol

which is currently the latest OS for the most stable Apple that does not fit in a purse or pocket?

17. I have an iPhone, and whenever I used my brothers MacBook I really liked it until I started to do more taxing work on it (by taxing I mean copying and pasting images in word...) and it took 20 seconds to paste them because it didn't have the power to handle it.. The combined cost for my Asus 2 in 1 with a bigger 15.6 inch screen, 1tb hard drive, 8gb ram, 3.1 ghz, and my 24 inch led monitor is still less that the cost of my brothers 11 inch MacBook Air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. #139 roorforcrumble, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
    Both, I need windows to use for games like Civ 5 and online poker, and for education. Yet I also need a Linux(mac) machine because I like it more because I know the operating system and command line better than windows, and I use it to run other linux/unix based operating systems on various drives using the rEFInd boot loader.

Linux is better, there is no argument to me. It is harder to infect with malware, you'll never reach the root unless you get remote access or trick the use into granting root access. The use of a kernel and shells in Linux/Unix makes it a better operating system.

19. good ol oregon trail