Are you a Mac, PC, or Linux Fan?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by F0urq, Aug 20, 2014.

?

What is your favorite OS?

1. Mac OS/OSX

2. Windows

3. Linux

4. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PC all day....i do have stock in Apple though because a sucker is born every minute and they eat that shit up.

2. I buy Apple products, phone included. Reason being isn't about tech specs or games. I just don't like pos products, and every PC I've bought since my freshman year of college (in 2001) has taken a shit in 2-3 years after buying it. 

Yeah, when I buy Apple I pay more. But guess what? My product functions over and over and over, the same. Doesn't turn into a slow pile of PC dung  [​IMG]

I like how Steve Jobs sums this up in this video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu0qeb_rJYU

3. PC because I know how to maintain it. 

4. For me it has to be PC. I'm probably the only one within my family that hasn't had a Mac computer/laptop of some sort, I never fell for the look/expensiveness of it. 

5. Eh, had an iPad and MacBook at my old job. I can see how it'd be nice for your average user. Simplified

At home I've got a HP tower with a six core I7 and 10gb ram from 2011. Runs like I got it yesterday

My laptop, bought in 2012 already puking out on me. Will be replacing with a Dell.

Pretty happy with my S5. Haven't owned an apple product since I was maybe 13/14. Well, guess my mom owned it th3n :smoke:

6. PC all the way. I'm not going to pay more money for less features and an Apple logo. 

7. #109 A guy, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    I've had poor experiences with the few off the shelf PCs that I've owned, in part because of all the garbage that comes pre-installed.  My work PC, which was custom built for me locally, has been kicking ass for me since Feb 2008.  I've updated to Windows 7 and a SSD drive but otherwise, nothing else needed.

I use an imac at home that's about 4 years old.  Works great and I enjoy its aesthetics in the home though I prefer the less managed environment of Windows 7.

I prefer ipad over the windows tablets I've used.  Same goes for apple/android cell phones.

i love how some people think its the mac owners that are snob elitists

9. #112 KittyRawr22, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    I personally like pc because I use it for gaming but Mac Is perfect for work or social media

10. PC

Windows for work, Linux for anything else

even a full spec Mac can´t run the programs I use correctly, not because of the capacity or speed but because of how the operating system is designed. So for me, shiny-minimalist-beautiful hardware is definitely not worth the money.

11. I my opinion it depends on what each individual wants. Example For anything dealing with multimedia individuals usually go will Mac, now why is that.
    When purchasing a MacBook Pro you are looking at a 1500 dollar investment when comparing specs you could pick up a dell Alienware with similar or even better specs and your looking at 1200 to 1400. So why mac? The answer is that you are paying for a name brand. Compare a Ferrari to an Audi the both have there pros and cons but if u offer someone a choice and tell the it's free it is safe to assume that 99 percent will chose the Ferrari regardless if the the Audi is the better vehicle because of the brand. I own both a mac and widows machine and I'll tell you this for less of the price of my mbook pro I got both a windows desktop and laptop. So at the end of the day ask your self why and what you need it for. For me it's both because I'm in IT.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. For the price of a mac you could build a sick fucking machine for the same price that's WAY more powerful then any mac. The one thing I love about macs is the OS, it looks so damn beautiful. For me personally though I like building my own computers and add a nice mouse and a mechanical keyboard and your all set.  

13. Mac's parts are quality. That's what you pay for. Look up the parts it's made of and build your own machine, it will cost just about the same. As of OS, Linux is the way to go.

14. I prefer macs to pc's.

Their a lot easier to use, they have a lot cooler features, and I got one for my make-a-wish!!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I romped those MacIntosh machines pre-windows 95.
    Jazz Jack rabbit, commander keen, and Raptor ate up my high scores in elementary school when I finished my classwork first and played endless games as a reward.
    Gameboy came around with Pokemon, then I grew up and got a Great Quality PC to install counterstrike on my own and begin the reign of pwn.. (Circa 1998 dust2 catwalk... it was an epic shank that coined the phrase.)
    PC made me a legend, now I honor the Windows rep.

16. PC all the way if you want to play games and be able to upgrade parts as time goes on.

17. I've never really used a Mac before. I mean I've used them a few of times in school but I've never owned a Mac and haven't explored OS X. I feel I can't go wrong with windows though.