Does The 400 Watt Seem Legit?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by HitTheVapeGetBaked, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Thanks! I was also thinking about the 100x3w leds from TopLed for a full size fridge convert. I've been doing A LOT of searching. Any recommendations, especially because of heat?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I don't know anything about LED's..guess I should start educating myself on them.

You definitely don't want a piece of shit that stops working in 2 weeks so make sure you know what you're buying. Btw that light on craigslist kinda overpriced..you could get a 400w or 600w with air cooled hood off amazon or ebay for the same price.

3. Yea, I'm not gonna fuck with the CL ad. Lately, I've just been looking into LEDs predominantly, And wasn't sure if this set up was priced right. now I'm looking @ other options. The problem with the 100x3W LEDs is that it'll only draw about 150 Watts. I don't want to deal with heat and I wanted more trichomes, but I'm getting more bang for buck I guess with an HPS/MH Setup

4. I drew it up real quick after smoking a j.

Attached Files:

5. #8 HitTheVapeGetBaked, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    Oops, didn't know it was sideways.

Drew up another concept with the 300W LEDs though! I have the fridge already, I would probably just put in the shelf so they're closer to the leds

Attached Files:

6. I soaped up, cleaned out and powerwashed the fridge. Since it's white inside, should I order mylar to line it?

Do you have to grow in a box? A fridge just wont grow much is why I asked.

8. Not particularly, there's just been a lot of rain this summer plus I've had to deal with tree roots so now I'm down from like 7 plants to 2=/ I figured a fridge grow with 100x3W leds should be good for 2 plants yielding Atleast a total of 5 zones every 10-12 Weeks. Am I off though bro?

9. ^^ Oops

Attached Files:

I could see a QP in that space but not sure the lights have the power, LED has not impressed me at all yet. They are about like floros.

A 400 is not a very powerfull light and can be had under $100

11. Yea, easily a qp, just not with the lights.
    I just don't want to get a 400 hps/mh with the cooling tube and still have a shitty heat problem. I know my initial sketch is sideways, but do you think that setup would work in a full size fridge with low heat?
    Theres a user called htowngrow or something with a thread on LED lights, hes local so maybe he'll give some input if he comes across this.

The closed in space lends itself to low power lights and would do fine for babies, clones and a mother plant. good flowers need lights with horsepower to get any weight. Also if you want weight hydro will get you far more than soil.

13. I'll probably switch to hydro after my first couple soil yields just to get comfortable initially with a fridge grow and the ideal settings.
    &His name is Htownbudz, I sent him a pm so hopefully he'll come thru with some input. *fingers crossed*

14. #20 HitTheVapeGetBaked, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
    Yea, for your situation I'm sure LEDs would fall short unless you invested a crazy amount. He has a 100x3w, and I'm loving his yield. I'll see though.
    Thanks brother. Good luck with your grow as well!! I'll probably start another thread with my build so I can get more input generally. This one is mainly about lighting, so probably gets ignored more.