How To Tell Your Gf She Has Gained A Lot Of Weight

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Bluntzilla420, Aug 19, 2014.

1. I know, I know. It's a really tender issue to discuss and I really am trying to avoid the conversation at all costs. But, my GF of about 10 months has ...gained some weight. Now, I never wanted to date a twig (size 0 or 1) -- I like curves as much as anyone. But I also think she kind of let herself go in recent months and the problem is that I slightly lost attraction to her.

We still have sex and I still love her; it's not a question of me leaving her or anything because she put on some extra weight. And even she is aware of it when she looks at pictures and what not ... the other day she saw a picture and said something like, "Ugh, I look huge in my stomach" and I kind of didn't say anything back because she has said this a few times in recent months. It's almost like, yeah, that's what you look like now.

I've been in numerous relationships. I'm in my mid-20s, have dated and had sex with different kinds of women. I know not to be a dick or a jerk, especially when it comes to women and weight. I have no six pack myself, but I am in pretty good shape for someone who has a desk job and still makes it to the gym/biking/running five days a week minimum. I am in definite better shape than she is, but I don't brag about it or say anything. I do my own thing because it makes me feel good, as a person and as her strong boyfriend.

We are moving in together soon and I hope that we will start eating healthier, as a couple, and that things will get better. Again, I love her but feel like she's kind of letting herself go and I don't want to lose that physical attraction. TIA.

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    good luck with that sir.

ummmm, yea.

i wouldn't outright say anything, but rather change up unhealthy habits. maybe not all at once so it's not overwhelming and rather obvious.

3. #4 TheAnswer121, Aug 19, 2014
    right yo :laughing:

@[member="Bluntzilla420"] to go where no man has ever gone.... and survived :p

4. I have been there and survived myself.  Of course the relationship died a tragic death.

5. Quit feeding fat bitches oatmeal creme pies.

6. I would tell her to hit the treadmill and eat healthy.... 1408461747806.jpg but thats none of my business

7. You don't tell her anything. Just ask her if she wants to work out with you

8. response: you sayin i'm fat, and need to work out :laughing: :laughing:

lol oh I won't say shit. It is more about the health part of it -- and I've been thinking about it a lot lately. Hopefully it's just a phase, and we have been drinking quite a bit this summer (except I go to the gym the next day and she lives a pretty sedentary lifestyle besides bike riding here and there).

I just don't want to lose that attraction to her, man... 

10. i feel you 100%, but this comment is 100% selfish

if you want to succeed, do it for her and her well being, not just you wanting her to look good ;)

just my thoughts on that comment.

looks fade eventually anyway.

11. I would come right out about it and let her know you expect the same heads up from her... fuck that

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Looks may fade, but they do not fatten up.

13. women have the babies man :confused_2:

they go through insane hormonal changes that are beyond their control sometimes. shit happens.

if your attraction to a person is only skin deep, it's not a relationship worth keeping

14. #15 s A t I v A, Aug 19, 2014
    Women have babies?

My wife and I made a pact to not allow each other to slip. It is a mutual agreement. I want her to be healthy and attractive as she wants me to be...

I guess it boils down to your invidual relationships.

If my wife turned from 10 to a 3, I would feel differently because I didn't marry a lazy slacker.

I love her for her drive to succeed in all areas of life.

If she were disfigured in an accident, that is a different story. I would love her disfigured ass.

15. Just say "babe, I get lonely working out at the gym, wanna be my workout partner? You could be my motivation girl!" And if she says you're calling her fat then flip it on her and say "babe how could you say something like that!"

It's different being obese and unhealthy, and then being pregnant. two totally different things dude.

17. I don't tolerate it. First I'll mention it in a joking way. Then I'll start grabbing the flab with a concerned face lol, then it's the boot if she keeps gaining.

18. Hey babe, uh, im concerned about your health, : anger:

dilligaf

19. #20 ChampagneKush, Aug 19, 2014
    Tell her YOU feel like you've been putting on weight recently (or feel unhealthy/unfit, whatever) despite being active, and ask her to help you try a different form of exercise. Hey,, you can both keep fit together, it will be fun! Even if it's just yoga or something. Once she gets into the habit of it she may try other forms of exercise.

It worked for me, anyway. :)