Legalization Of Marijuana

Discussion in 'General' started by F0urq, Aug 19, 2014.

1. I've been wondering for quite some time now how much longer it's going to take to get legalized all around the United States. I live in Pennsylvania...and they just decriminalized it in Philadelphia, but outside of the city it's still criminalized. But seeing as how Colorado and Washington have both legalized it, how long do you think it's going to take to get legalized in all the other states in the United States?

2. This is the way I look at it...It will take the United States at least twice the time to fix somethin' as it took to fuck it up in the first place.

By my calculations...We still got a ways to go yet. :cool:

3. Maybe that's true, but some states seem to be really moving towards it at a pretty good pace. I feel as if maybe in the next 10 years the majority of the states will have it legalized or at least decriminalized.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I think if Florida pulls off Medical in November, its a sign that the end times of Marijuana prohibition are upon us

5. Oh they do? I thought you could already use it for medicinal use in FL.

6. that Charlotte's Web bill was a farce, and you would have to be on Death's door to qualify anyway

7. Have you heard any news about decriminalization or legalization for Florida? I'll be living there in a couple years possibly so I'm quite curious haha.

8. Ammendment 2 (Medical Marijuana) is going to the ballot in November.

Its good and bad.

Bad in that no home grows

Good in that its the same style as California's where it doesnt matter whats wrong with you (or not) if you get the recommendation, your good.

Also home grows can be ammended in next vote cycle.

Itll be a close one, needs 60% to pass, and I fear that if it doesnt pass, it will be a long time before we get another chance

9. Ah okay I got yah. Well let's hope it does man. I've been wanting weed to be legalized/decriminalized up here in PA for so long. I think it's getting closer now because we have some bills floating around for it :). Can't wait!

10. I believe it all depends on us and how much effort we put forth and show the state we want it.

In Oklahoma they have been working on getting medical for along time and now it's slowly but surely working there are rallys and shit all the time and the congressman or governor from there are using it as a platform to get the seat.

That is extremely true. In fact, I feel as if when it comes time to vote to pass a bill for a state, lots of the people that are in favor of legalizing marijuana don't vote for the reason that they are either not registered or they are just lazy and don't. I've discussed this with a few people and have come to agree with that if you know what I mean.