Mario 64 Was The Last Mario Game That Will Be Considered A classic

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by KnowImSayin, Aug 19, 2014.

1. I think this thread about the mMario brothers games, not the offshoots

It should he obvious that op wasn't comparing Mario tennis to.Mario 64

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well the OP did say "Mario games" he didn't say "Mario 3D games"...So no it wasn't obvious at all.

But my statement still holds true regarding Mario Sunshine/Galaxy in that case.

3. Ohh man, now that you mention it. Forgot all bout Mario Tennis holy shit that game was awesome. Played the shit outta that.

4. Out of all the mario games, i liked Super mario all-stars and Super mario RPG the most.

All-Stars was a very well-made game.  I loved the remastered version of Super Mario bros. and the lost levels (which was actually super mario bros. 2 in Japan), they had succeeded in remastering them while keeping the original feel and sound intact, which was very impressive.  Not many attempts to remake games bothered to keep this in mind, they simply overhaul everything. 

5. Hnnnggg. I would play the shit out if Mario64 on my ds. Yaaas.

yes. I will have exactly 100 naps, pls.

6. Nuff said. Nuff rhymes with muff.

Lmao.

Sent from the Spiritus Mundi

7. Have to disagree there.

So many great Mario games post 64... Love for practically all of em.

Well, at least the ones I've played. Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, all the Smash Bros. games and at least a few of the Mario Parties, Paper Mario one and two (meh to the others), and don't get me started on spin off's like Luigi's Mansion. That's my shit. I only missed out on some of the more recent ones and a few from the 2008-2010 time frame.

8. sunshine is a classic.

9. I think 3D world will be considered a classic only because the gameplay is phenomenal.

10. The new one for the Wii-U is pretty insane. Takes a while to get used to but nonetheless interesting.

On another word, I recently got Yoshi's New Island and let me just say what a disappointment that was. The original Yoshi's Island game was phenomenal and goes down as one of my favorite Mario games. Yoshi's Island DS was an interesting and unique follow up, but this third time around it just sucks. Very few original aspects introduced, makes me feel like I'm just playing a knock off. Oh well, not every game is perfect.

11. Super Mario 64 was and still is the shiz! I still play it on a N64 emulator (from time to time) on my android and i've had quite a few people around college ask me how to get it, even the old security guards about 40+ years old.

It took my cousins and I, years to beat that game, when we were about 10 years old and we finally finished it in 2012.

It brings back memories...they don't make games like that anymore.  :D

12. i never got into any of the mario games.

13. #54 llllllllll, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    False.

Super Mario Sunshine.

also the fact that OP said OoT was the last Zelda game "worth playing" is appalling. Wind Waker is arguably better than OoT in many regards (nostalgia aside that is (something i'm positive noone here will be able to separate from opinion))

14. I feel so bad for those of you that missed out on the 90's.  

15. The 80s & the 90s were good times man!