Mario 64 Was The Last Mario Game That Will Be Considered A classic

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by KnowImSayin, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Mario 64 was/is the shit, it was and probably still is my all time favorite game. 
    i used to love chasing that asshole of a rabbit.

But what about that super smash bros melee on gamecube. I had to buy a gamecube just to enjoy that gem of a video game.

2. #22 CMGarcia55, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    How can you not include Paper Mario or Mario RPG? Those games were badass. I didn't get to play them on their systems but I did play them on my modded xbox.

3. I only consider the 1st Mario on NES as clasics. I have a permanent catalog of NES music in my head....

4. Super Mario Sunshine is the best game I have ever played, so I disagree with you. 3D world is also incredible.

5. It feels like heresy, but 3D World really is a superior game in my opinion.

Mario 64 was made more special by the fact that it was most peoples first proper 3D experience. Popping your thumb on that stick for the first time....

...you'll never get that feeling again. Until VR works.

6. Countless hours on that Mario sunshine

7. Rumor is there making a remastered one in 2015. Rumor came from the same guy who leaked Devils Third so it seems legit.

While it isn't forsure going to be SMS, it will be sms,  or metroid.

8. mario sunshine...i never understood that shit, man. I remember it like it was yesterday..THE SCENE: BEST BUY, THE TIME AND PLACE, ..BEST BUY, 2002...ish..I think. I meandered on over to the spot where they had their gaming station set up and I stared down some beta noob ass 8yr old into giving me the controller and running off with a spreading damp spot on the front of his jeans. So I'm psyched to get down, man, I don't even know what the game is, fuck it though...and there it is...SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE.

You get a fuckin squirt gun thing, man. I was like NINTENDO...YOU FUCKIN UP, G.
    and that was the end of it. i honestly dont know why i remember such weird inane things.

9. #30 KnowImSayin, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    suck my cock. 

Just kidding (in case the mods see it) but really I am kidding.

Pace
    Kidding does not cut it.

10. This just isn't true. Super Mario Galaxy is already considered a classic by pretty much everyone.

11. Quit trolling

12. I am not. It is absolutely a classic and there is not a single publication that doesn't say so. And it was truly a fantastic game.

It's true, Metacritic doesn't lie. Second one was great too.

14. #35 yurigadaisukida, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    Mario bros wii was an epic disappointment

I was stoke for ggalaxy but when I finally.got it, I couldn't finish it. It was fun. But not THAT fun.

That being said Mario cart is epic. But I'm sure op isn't counting Mario cart as a Mario brothers game

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Mario galaxy was fun but doesn't hold a candle to the old Mario games

Mario galaxy was an epic idea and I love what they did with it

But like most modern games they focused in their new gimics more than the game content itself.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Paper Mario was actually pretty awesome, very underrated imo. And Mario Sunshine was a great game too.

16. Nintendo is basically the only actual game company that actually still bothers to make efforts to please their fans.  And not only that, but they often collaborate with other companies to make epic games, and they make attempts to please people that arent even true nintendo fans.  

I love that they let sonic, solid snake, and megaman into their smash brothers games.  Nintendo kicks ass.  I wish they'd reboot their older consoles and produce them again.

17. didnt rad any of this thread, but

will Mario Galaxy on the Wii not become a "classic" in 30 years?

18. Personally I got into mario 64 late (just a couple of years ago) but I grew up on N64 and gamecube. Mario Sunshine was amazing in my opinion, idk why all the hate on it but my favorite classic from N64 would have to be Banjo-Kazooie and -Twooie. Never have beaten them but I got very close. I just started the first one again a couple days ago and forgot why I stopped it still holds up to todays games and has to be one of my all time favorites.

Also DK64, screw everyone who complains about it being just a collect-a-thon that was one of the best games. After I beat Banjo I'm definitely pulling that cartridge out.

19. How are games like Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Sunshine/Galaxy, Paper Mario ect,. not considered classics?  

I'm guessing "classic" in your terms just means "Game I really enjoyed."  Not the best mentality to have, you've clearly missed out on some of the best games of all time.