New To Vaping... Need Suggestions For Dry Herb Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by trailblazerpdx, Aug 18, 2014.

1. KK can you make a statement on your opinion of Volcano, by this time I think most of us want to hear your opinion on Volcano, since all you do is say my statements are wrong, and half a fragment didnt have "in my opinion" stamp on it. 

2. Thats why people with stealth in mind should look towards the inhalater, indica, and pinnacle pro for better performing and just as stealthy options.

I still find it interesting that people say the Pax has a low smell. It doesn't, and it stunk up my living room whenever I'd use it. Even did that on the first use, and it was new out of the box at that time. Other than the small form factor, there isn't much else there... for me at least.

4. #44 lwien, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014

I have stated my concerns with the 'Cano NUMEROUS times here at GC............in depth and what I have stated are NOT opinions, but facts, but being that you asked, I will do so again.................(sigh, getting soooo tired of fucking repeating myself)

Negatives on the 'Cano and why I don't like sucking on a plastic bag to get my vapor:

The Cano, by it's very nature, provides vapor that has a higher air to vapor ratio at any given temp than vapes that use other methods of delivery.     That is fact, not an opinion.   What is an opinion is that I like my vapor much more dense at lower temps.

The huge internal surface area of the bags provides an environment where a lot of condensation takes place.   As soon as the vapor enters the bag, it begins to condense and go stale.    That is a fact, not an opinion.   For me, I much prefer a fresh hit with EVERY hit, not only for taste, but for efficiency as well.    My usage tripled when I went from my Purple Days to the Cano to get to the same high.

And the following is an opinion.    I much prefer my vaporizer to have as much of a clean all glass air and vapor path as possible and to eliminate as much plastic and silicone to come in contact with both the incoming air and the outgoing vapor.    To me, the taste difference is very noticeable.

The Cano's pros............It's one of the best party vapes on the planet being that the bags are virtually idiot proof.     No chance of broken glass, or blow back of the herbs back into the heater.

Also, it's got a great, very LONG track record of reliability of which very few vaporizers can compare.

For me, if I wanted a vape to use for parties, I'd much prefer to get this:

http://youtu.be/UmYLBRBvyRE

And stick to my LSV or an EVO for personal use.

5. The idea of it being portable, is a big key for me!!! as far as vape itself, they all do the same thing, when the battery weakens and the unit isnt being cleaned.  And for the kid who's in love with his Firefly, We are comparing portable vaporizers, Firefly if you put in your pocket, its more like to improve your bulge in your pants.  It's so heavy and bulky. 

6. #46 lwien, Aug 22, 2014

They will NOT all vaporize in the same way.   The PAX is one of the very few portables on the market that is 100% conduction based with no way to instantly apply or remove the heat.   It is constantly cooking those herbs which causes both taste and efficiency to take a major hit while at the same time, increasing the smell factor.

7. I appreciate the breakdown, and "fucking" doing it again for me. LOL  And at the end of all this we still arrive at the facts vs. opinion.  Not saying your right or wrong.  But the example that i used for cars before i can use again, just a diff twist:  Those who have been driving BMW, will tell you they will never get into a lexus or Benz, and those who have been driving Lexus will tell you they will never get inot a BMW.  And thats a Fact.  And most of that is opinion on what people like.  Even if the BMW can take a turn at 80 and others can't. 

8. You are showing just how little you know with "they all do the same thing". That is quite possibly the most ignorant statement I have seen on grass city in the many years I have been here.

9. #49 lwien, Aug 22, 2014

For the past 40 years, all that I have ever owned were BMW's, from the 2002tii, to 320i's, to 535's, 540's and M5's and for me, I would own no other car,  but just because I fell in love with them decades ago does NOT mean that it is the best car there is.

I take no offense when someone says that they like the Volcano better than any other vape because it works for THEM.   What I do take issue with are with those who state that ANY vape is categorically the best vape there is, regardless if it's a Volcano, PAX or any other vape.   And why do I take issue with statements like that?    Simply because..................it's not true.

10. Again my point exactly, you've been here for years but having enough understanding about English language might be a problem.  STOP TAKING FRAGMENTS AND MAKING COMMENTS ON THEM.  If you read after the comma, not PERIOD, IT stated "they all do the same thing, when the battery weakens and it's not being cleaned."  

11. Fair enough!! 

12. I heard yesterday from a youtube video I think... that it burns it evenly.
    You tried a PAX before?
    I wanna get a lot of people's opinions cause I was really looking forward to purchasing one or maybe possibly an Indica.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Your qualifier to the statement makes no difference. You are still completely off base.

14. Yes I have used it extensively. It would be completely against logic to believe that a fully conduction vaporizer vaporizes evenly. In practice it does not vaporize evenly as well.

15. #55 lwien, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014

Yeah, I agree.    I don't understand the statement.    It's just common sense that when a battery weakens in any vape, that vape will not perform as well as a vape with a fully charged battery that still has the ability to maintain that charge and that all vaporizers will operate better if it's cleanly maintained.      I don't understand why the statement was made in the first place.

Yup.   How can a conduction based vape vaporize evenly?   Hell, even most convection based vapes have a problem doing this.

16. I thought it was to good to be true haha.
    So what would you recommend as the best vape besides the MFLB? (Speaking about portable as well)
    One that produces a lot of vapor

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Been hearing some great things about the Hammer recently.

18. ●

● F ◆ T ◆ W ●

Attached Files:

19. Recently got an Arizer Solo for my gf and it's great! Awesome vapor production, easy to use, long battery life, but bigger/bulkier than most portables and not that efficient. Gets me sooo stoned though!

If your choices are between the Pax and the Indica, go with the Indica. It has a much better design IMO and it doesn't have that mouthpiece, that can be problematic if the Pax isn't taken cared of. Also, the Indica cooks more evenly than the Pax, because its oven is heated on all sides as opposed to just the bottom, which is how the Pax oven works.

The only moving part to my knowledge on the Indica is the "zippo" cover for the mouthpiece. Also, its cheaper than the Pax by 50$.