Advice On Being A Homeless?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by a soggy fish, Aug 18, 2014.

1. OP you have enough going for you that you don't have to be homeless. But you wanna rough it and camp for awhile, nothing wrong with that, call it what it is.

2. This is how it starts, next thing you know you will be on the street corner giving blowjobs to trannys just to make a buck.

3. I can't imagine being in your shoes. I hope you find your path.

4. Find a nice spot in the woods, away from potential human contact. Maybe you can build a little shed if you can afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Yeah i get that the title is a bit dramatic haha, maybe 'houseless' is better.. but yea pretty much haha, alhough i don't have much choice in the matter

6. #26 a soggy fish, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    [quote name="cybertoothtiger" post="20531059" timestamp="1409363601"]
    I can't imagine being in your shoes. I hope you find your path.[/quote]
    I think i made it sound worse than it is.. basically i was renting recently but i was losing money each month as my wages didnt cover my spend.

Eventually i had too much debt to continue to rent (i shouldnt have waited that long tbh) so bailed and crashed at my dads place for a while (technically in his shed)

Well we dont get along too well and in any case he's moving away shortly so ive got to find somewhere else.. which is where i am now. My vague plan is to live rough for a bit, spending fuck all money, and work off my debt. Then ill be able to rent somewhere if i need to, for a while at least.. hopefully by then il have worked out a better plan haha

Thats the plan, me and a couple friends started building a treehouse a while back in some woods, im planning to put up a small tent near that and camoflauge it. I can store stuff up the tree on a padlocked pulley/winch system that luckily still works.

When i/we get round to finishing the main platform of the treehouse ill be able to sleep up there, which will be epic haha. If we get it finished and can make it habitable ill be sorted with free accomodation for life xD

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]

7. you have money for a half oz of weed but don't have money for rent. get your fucking priorities in order kid.

8. Rent a storage unit to put your shit in and you can also probably get away with sleeping in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. I'd just live at my work lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

10. Thankyou for your thoughtful and helpful reply. As you appear to not know what the fuck your talking about, please prove me wrong by explaining exactly how i will save money by not buying cannabis in my current situation.

11. Yea i did consider this, only issue is the cost of renting storage, however cheap, would make it take a lot longer to work off my debt. Although if it was possible to sleep there then it wouldnt matter as much.. do you know of any storage where this would be possible? I did have a quick look at garages before haha, i might have another look latet

12. i like how everyone is talking bout 'stop spending money on weed' when he's breaking even, sometimes even profiting. i mean yeh technically he could just not buy weed at all and save money but if he's breaking even and getting the benefits of the herb then what the hell is the issue? weed helps keep my depression in line a lot of the times, anxiety down, appetite up so i eat shit like its useful. and if someone is gonna be living homeless, esp when the person kinda wants to make the best of a bad situation and turn this into an actual experience... then smoking might help deal with the stress and just make it more enjoyable. y'all so rude like someone is asking for help/advice and your first instinct is to shoot them down honestly chill.

anywho, i dont really have experience with this, or really camping in general so sorry on that front. never was a big camper because i am highly allergic to a lot of shit outdoors and the payoff was never worth it, lmao. i did however google some shit and it might be helpful idk...

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/how-to-survive-being-homeless/

http://longtimemother.hubpages.com/hub/10-Tips-For-A-Better-Life-When-You-Are-Homeless

which is the description for this, which is some project on homelessness, might be interesting to read.

i know here in kentucky it gets really hot and humid (and im from florida and its not the same like in florida we have that breezy mist and wind and rain and shit from the surrounding water.) so if i was homeless one of the first things id buy is like a battery operated fan to keep in my car (cause that's where id stay.) im 5'3" so im small enough that i can be comfortable in a car. and id buy one of those car closet racks for the back so it would be more of a closet.

i know from working at a dollar general that there's a shower in there. we used to have a homeless dude who would come in and shower every so often. when he started taking off his dirty white tees, stealing clean ones, and putting the dirty one in the package tho, we had to kick him out. //:

try to keep your spirits up and dont lose contact with friends. try to remain as close to normal as possible i guess? i wish you luck and imma smoke a bowl for you rn tbh.

13. Thanks man, i swear some people only see what they wanna see.. and i agree, it helps me a lot with depression too, and also with what i think is disorganised schizophrenia but thats another story..
    And you're right in saying that i want to make the best of my situation, in fact im kind of looking forward to it haha. It will definately be an experience and will be fun making a habitable place for myself.

Thanks for the links, ill have a look through in a sec and see if theres any useful stuff i can use :)
    Ive stayed in my car a few times before, but for any longer than a few days its not really ideal, its too hard to organise stuff and keep it tidy, especially one as small as mine. Also its difficult to find out-of-the-way places i can park it to sleep.
    I will look into public showers, beats using cold water bottles and shampoo lol.

Cheers dude, and i may have to invest in a bowl(pipe?) or bong as rolling may prove difficult when raining from now on haha

14. You could always pick up one of those camping showers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Workaway.info people will provide a place food and some money and best thing people all of the world use it, I wanted to do it in Canada keep us posted please we do care bout your wellbeing.

Peace.

16. Hey man, let me start out by saying I'm sorry for your situation. I was homeless, living in woods for a while. Biggest thing to remember is stay positive. IT WILL GET BETTER. Until than, make sure you have fire wood and if at all possible a pot to boil water. Look up day labor jobs in your area or even reach out to a church in most cases will be more than happy to help you out and possibly give you work. Also most all cities have non profit food banks that can help with that. When you do get back on your feet, remember what it was like and have some compassion on others who are in your situation. Remember though, in order for it to get better you must take action, don't just wait and hope someone will fix it for you. Keep your head up ALWAYS no matter what. Tough times builds character. Wish you the best in your tough times.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Join army

Rap Game Donut Sprinkles

18. Get your priorities straight bruh. Hold off on the smoke until you are able to smoke and live comfortably. It's not like you'll lose your connect from sobering up a little. Plus, you'll be able to clear your mind and figure out what you really need to do.. Damn, it isn't really that hard.

Sent from my mi casa using Grasscity Forum

19. Same thing happened to me recently (in UK) there should be a shelter about and you go in and explain the situation. You'll get put to a hostel / B&B or something until things get better.

20. Find a waterfall for a shower. If you don't have your food in a bear proof container, the woodland critters will smell it and want you to share. Bring a gun.

And why do you thank Sai? What did she do for you?