Advice On Being A Homeless?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by a soggy fish, Aug 18, 2014.

1. #1 a soggy fish, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    So i'm gonna be homeless for at least a few weeks or so due to no money for rent, and was just wondering if anyones got any tips or advice for living rough in a woodland environment? Ive got a tent etc and have plenty of experience 'rough camping', im looking for more long term advice like where to store/hide stuff, what to expect if i get caught, washing/showering ideas and whatever else anyone can suggest. Thankee-sai...

2. You have access to these forums. Find a job or shelter.

You say you know what you're doing but from my camping experiences you need to just go do it, asking for advice on how to survive homeless won't help.

Instead of trying to find ways to survive homeless you should focus on finding a home.

3. #3 a soggy fish, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    I have a job that just about covers my car insurance. I have enough income to eat and smoke (i buy halfs and sell enough to break even, then smoke the rest)

However i dont have £80/week on top of that to pay for rent.. and i dont want to go to a homeless or community shelter, tbh living rough is probably more sanitary haha.. and anyway i like the idea of living rough, at least for a while.

Im just looking for any advice or stories from people who've been in a similar situation, there might be something ive not considered, or something that i could do differently.

If your just gonna say 'find somewhere to live' thats not even slightly helpful...

4. Shop lift from Walmart until caught. Then you'll have a bed and 3 meals a day. No way you could lose man.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Sleep in your car.

Keep your possessions in your car.

6. Go hide in bed bath and beyond when they close hope in bed and enjoy a rest on a brand new sleep number bed

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

7. #7 a soggy fish, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    You didnt consider the marijuana, shame on you

Tempting... if i knew of a shop with shitty security i would wanna try this haha

8. Yeah i have been sleeping in my car, and keeping most of my stuff in it, but i need to store more stuff in it soon and its pretty awkward to sleep in. Also its difficult to find places where i can park, sleep and then wash and in the morning.

I think having a tent hidden in the woods and a stash with cooking stuff is better, it would free up my car a bit, save time as i wouldnt have to sort my car out in the mornings - i could just leave my shit in the tent. I can park my car in a secure car park 5 min walk away.

Well thats my reasoning anyway, i guess another alterative is to find some cheap/free storage for all my shit then stay in my car.. but idk, i find my idea more attractive for some reason lol

9. Quit smoking weed. Have place to stay.

10. Go hit up all the local churches and ask them for help. Somebody will put a roof over your head and food in your stomach. Good luck bro.

11. The first guy said it right. However if I was given the choice of smoking, or having a roof over my head....... Your an idiot for choosing weed over your life. Need money? Find a better job!! Need money? Get rid of the phone/computer/ tab you used to make this post. You wanna live in the woods, that's cool do it then. I'm a huge outdoorsman and would give up all this technology for a cabin in the woods. I will one day after it's paid off.

Put on your big boy pants and set your priorities straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I said i dont spend any money on weed, if anything i make a tenner now and again.. How in any way did i imply i was choosing weed over anything? Did you even read my post?
    Im currently halfway through a 3 year IT apprenticeship, im not just going to drop out of it. And my phone is £13/month and my only communication technology. You're the idiot if you think i should cut myself off from the world and have no way to contact anyone in an emergency for an extra £13 a month..

Come back when you have something to say that isnt a load of crap

13. Read all the posts you tard

I dunno, theres loads people need more help than me.. i mean, ive got a job and car and can afford food, would feel pretty shitty going round asking for handouts. And tbh i dont think churches really do that in UK haha. There are some organisations but i dont see it getting that bad, as long as i can survive a month or so spending fuck all i should be able to pay off most of my debt probably... then ill see what happens :p
    Thanks tho man

14. get a second job..

15. Im looking for a saturday/weekend job atm, i very much doubt il find one that pays £80 a week tho, but either way it'l help and keep me busy. Good suggestion, if a little obvious...

Im looking for advice on how to make the most of camping out for a month or so, not how to avoid my current situation.. cos no offence, i know my situation better than anyone else lol

16. I'm not the homeless one, tard.

You say you have no money to pay rent yet you have money for drugs. Maybe you should reconsider your priorities.

17. Watch some episodes of dual survival, that will set you on the right track. Oh and a fat sack of course....priorities. Stay faded :smoking:

18. You're a fucking idiot. Ill explain again in more detail:
    i buy 14g for £90. I sell 9-10g. I smoke the rest. At the end of the week i have not spent any money on weed. I spend the money from selling on food and petrol. Please explain how not smoking or selling mj will help me rent a property.

19. Nice ill have a look at those, and ovc man, dont see me surviving long without some smoke haha

20. I prefer the term Homefree. :)

All you need to survive is shelter, food and water. Good luck.