Bubbleponics Dwc First Time Grow.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by BudTender13, Aug 18, 2014.

Yea is a real method and have yet to read about any downsides to it. Myself I would have to do a test with it and prove it to myself.

2. #22 Guerilla King, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    What are the downsides? I really haven't had any. I would like to know. I'm guessing some strains don't like it? So far I haven't had any abnormalities. Normal male/female ratio as well. 

3. Awesome thanks so much I think that's what I'm going to try out this grow because I'm all about saving some energy and $ My actual mh and hps won't be in until Friday so I figured the first couple days cfls will do fine. The room is in a basement and is currently 63 degrees so hopefully with the tents and the lights it will be fairly easy to maintain a perfect temperature consistently. How many lights and wattage do you use that keeps you about 100$? The anticipation and excitement of getting all this going is making me want to implode! Thanks for all the help and views.

4. That's where I'm headed next I was originally going to just let them grow and start the flowering after a certain height. What's the best training to do to maximize yield and space effeciency I've seen a lot of sea of green and scrog set ups or can you still do okay without any intense training or topping to make giant colas? Please correct and educate anything i might be confusing.

5. #25 Guerilla King, Aug 22, 2014
    I'm doing vertical growing so some of my advise might not apply if your going horizontal. My opinion if you have two lights then drop both in the middle of the tubs and let the plants grow around it. Scrog it so the plants don't get to close and burn. If your not doing vert then lst, topping super cropping all play a big role in getting good yields. Veg time is also very important. The longer you veg the bigger the plant will be and more good stuff you get out of her.

Right now I'm using 3 600 watt hps for 10hrs on. thats 1800 watts. I don't have a tent but I do have mylar. I'm in the process of building my room. I am adding one more 600 watt and 2 400 watts. I will alternate the bulbs off/on every 6 hrs. It will allow me to light all sides of the plant for 6 hrs a day. I'll draw up a picture if you like. It's kinda hard to explain. with 3200 watts my room would only run me an extra 84.00$ a month plus 4 box fans and airpumps for hydro.

6. How many plants do you have going? My plan was to do just the 600 MH light for the veg stage and maybe a couple cfls with it to put on the walls of the tent to get light to all areas of the plant as long as there is room without causing heat burn. Then when I started the flowering stage I was going to switch to the 600 HPS light and leave the cfls in. Please draw up the picture and I'll be doing more research on the topping and super cropping.

Happy clouds

7. Here is the picture I did with paint. The red are the lights with the wattage listed inside. the blue are the plants. right now because I'm trying to finish up my autos and a few more from a perpetual grow I have 19 i think. I will be lowering my plant count when my lights come in though. 

Never answered what way you are going to light you plants. Horizontal or vertical?

I veg with cfls and fluorescents and then when they are 2 weeks away from being put in flower I stick them in my flower room for 2 weeks so they can get adjusted to the light. They usually explode in growth when I put them in the flower room. I'm always re-arranging things. The closer you can get to the light without burning the better. I have most of my plants about 7 inches away from the bulbs. Horizontal I was only able to run one light in a room and had to do 12-14' away. BIG difference 

Attached Files:

8. Yeah I was going to do horizontal with my main 600 watt light then maybe add two cfls to the walls for lower hidden areas. I do like the idea of vertical I'll have to keep that In mind for future grows. I have the 6" cool tube so hopefully I can get even closer. Lights showed up tonight and seeds are almost ready to go.

9. Good deal; Well when you get your setup finish, post pics. 

10. #30 BudTender13, Aug 22, 2014
    Finally am all set up. I have to head to work so the madness of moving the seeds as long as they have germed up nicely will start tonight when I get home! The only thing I'm missing that I'll need to add tomorrow is some exhaust ducting.

Attached Files:

11. #31 BudTender13, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    Added the exhaust now just waiting for the babies to pop up all the way. My tent has been maintaining 78.8 and that's just with two fans in the tent no actual inline exhaust fan or anything. Local store didn't have them in stock so I have to wait on that no big deal right now.

Attached Files:

12. 4 days since the First Lady sprouted and about 8 hours since the most recent one has made it's appearance. Did week 1 of nutrients at 1/4 strength and added SM90 at 1/2 strength. Yesterday I just switched over to week 2 of early growth nutrients. Already showing root growth out of the net pot bottoms. The pictures are from yesterday I'll take update today ones later tonight. So glad to finally be going after a few delays! Chime back in!

Attached Files:

13. More pictures from today most current update 3 of the 6 are def a little ahead of the rest but that's okay in 2 weeks or so I THINK I'm going to cut down to 4 plants instead of six and focus more on them. I was thinking I would top the 4 and then start a SCROG setup. Any one have any pro cons to doing it that way or any other recommendations for maximum yield in roughly the next 10 weeks. Appreciate the guidance and input.

Attached Files:

14. How much time are you devoting to veg? If you are just doing two weeks I would say stick with the six plants. If you veg them 4+ then I would just do 4.

A Scrog is the best way to go. Make sure do your research on scrogs. You might be intrested in doing a V-Scrog with your set up.

15. I figured at least two more weeks so it will be 31/2 weeks roughly and that's the absolute minimum. Scrog is for sure, should I not top the plants then? Any links to any good forums or anything for the Vscrog?

Attached Files:

16. Subbed man.im just getting my things around to try hydro the first time. I'll be following along and learning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Awesome man glad to hear that I'll do my best to steer you the right direction and let me know if you have any input. I recently researched Vscrog and that is the route I'm taking without a doubt. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410447001.041718.jpg

18. It's about an hour into the morning for the ladies. Sitting about 80 in the tent 76 in the Rez. Ph just over 6. Digital meter gets in sometime soon so I don't know ppm but ph has finally leveled so I think I have the nute level right. Before most mornings my ph would be back up to 7.5 or so after adjusting the day before. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410448603.808213.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410448621.141641.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410448634.258261.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410448646.674913.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410448659.208283.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410448678.658382.jpg

19. I usually just do a Google search. I'm glad you chose to do a v scrog.

In that case time is really irrevalant. I would get 3/4 of the screen "full" and then flip the lights.

What kind of water are you using? RO, tap, distilled?

20. Yeah I google searched it and found a lot of great articles and read through them. I'm currently using tap water. Once my meter gets here Saturday I'm going to change my Rezs and use RO water.