Bubbleponics Dwc First Time Grow.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by BudTender13, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Batman0f91,
    The title of this forum caught my eye because I'm also a brand new grower and decided to go with DWC, I'm looking around for information, I've probably read about 1,000 pages of different systems, nutes, pumps, lights, training methods, etc.. I was planning on doing a system similar to yours, only difference is I want to put the top-feed aspect in there too. I literally went in today and read every post in the grow journal, exactly what I was looking for, that is a pretty sick setup. Props to you. I had a couple questions for the group.  Have you considered adding undercurrent recirculation, rez,  and more totes for next grow? Or is it better to keep things isolated on early grows? How many times have you had to completely empty the container, I hear every other week max better every week, did you find that to be true with this grow? You def saved me some time and energy by having this post out there already so thanks for that, again plants look great.

2. I've read complaints that the 12/1 light cycle will put more space between the nodes and reduce yield, has anyone had that problem?

3. I haven't heard of that happening with this cycle but I also haven't given it a go yet, mainly because I don't trust my digital timer yet even though its programmable for 2 different schedules out of 1 outlet.
    I do know that heat issues will cause the symptoms you described though

4. I'm def choosing this schedule next time . Great proof of the 12-1 schedule. I'm going into my room soon to see my girls in the mean time I'm going to enjoy my buffet of strains I have tonight. Just got a lb in from CO and I must say I haven't smoked anything this rid strong in awhile I've had all types of strains. Including the cannabis cup winners. I currently have:

Chemdawg4(c4)
    Blackberry kush

From CO
    Sour grapes ( sour diesel x granddaddy purp )
    Blue ivy (amazing)
    Green crack (had it before and it was great haven't tried this batch)

Anyone wanna chief?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414459493.302062.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #226 Guido19805, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    yeah I live in Colorado and its fire out here
    if you read this journal the guy did basically the same setup with only two plants and yielded over a pound. He did regular light cycle and took almost twice as long... 2months veg and two months flower, is the higher yield and flower time because of the strain, the mainlining, or does it just take longer to flower when you let it veg longer? http://www.growweedeasy.com/600w-dwc-cannabis-grow-journal

6. I did look into doing a UR rez originally. I decided against it this grow mainly because this is a one time deal at my current location before I move, I also am only running two 10 gallon tubs so its not like I'm dealing with a ton of buckets. I just rather assume keep it as simple as possible on my first go around and focus more on learning the aspects of how to grow the plant and then work on how I can better my system in ways like that. I would say as far as my air pump and lights I am more than okay for right now. Do keep in mind you are much better of just starting with a commercial air pump. I just thought that the normal fish tank pumps would work. In my research I found it is best to have at least 5 lpm of air per gallon of Soup. So now I have two fish tank pumps that I paid more for than my 1 commercial pump and the difference is from I think it was around 14-18 up to almost 90lpm. I personally have emptied each rez once and that was about a week before I flipped to flower. I've heard so many people say that its a must that you change once a week. It's not bad by any means but as long as you have been keeping your rez temps under control (as close to 68  as possible) and no light leaks with sufficient air circulation its not needed. For this grow two totes was the max I wanted to do. I would much rather lst and top or any other training methods such as scrog on 4-6 rather than have 12 in there. Next time I will have more than two plants though because I will be running fem seeds and eventually set up a 8 week perpetual for most likely 4 plant harvests at a time each one getting 8 weeks of veg also. Thank you for stopping in im glad you found my grow helpful to you and ill be in for the ride on yours if you start one on here. Let me know if you have more questions.

7. Really you choose how long to veg the plants for so he just waited the two months by choice. I didn't wait 8 weeks in veg because I don't have that long as I am moving soon. 2 months for flower or roughly 8 weeks is normal length for cannabis to flower and be ready to harvest. Genetics always plays a roll now doubt in how long flower will take. From what I've found and researched I should be looking around 3/4 lb but this is  bagseed and my first grow so we will see.

8. 8 weeks to veg is crazy . I vegged for 4 weeks and my plants are 3 foot tall lol and still trying to hit the roof. Your buds are as big as mine batman and I'm 43 days in lmao. 12-1 works great

9. You alive batman?

10. What's up with the Mountain Dew boxes? Lol

11. Whatsup bro what u need help with.

12. Batman where u at bro lol