Problem With Plants When They Go To The Flower Room.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rapidcharger, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Yeah, ill update this and let everybody know if they end up doing better.

Thanks for everybody help.  Ill keep in touch on this...

I never actually had this problem before..

Again thanks for the help everybody!!!!!

2. I am also confused on this. Its not more light to flower,its less. 12 on 12 off

Sent from my LGLS740 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Don't be confused. As I explained earlier. . I put them I the flower room for about a week and leave it on 24hr light. To make sure they are acquainted with everything. Then I move them into 18-6. Then to 12-12..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. So an update. I re potted the one in the room already.. the one already in there is growing but all new life is still light...

The older one that I put back 9 veg. I took out at the same time and put it in the flower room also. They both are light green any new growth is too.

Ph is 5.6 and ppm is around 400. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Are they growing? What's wrong other than the colour? It can take a while for them to bounce back especially if you are re-vegging them so you might just need to give it time

6. Wow, you break your root ball up? :blink:

Why?

7. #27 rapidcharger, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    I couldn't break it up. But I did try to move some of the coco around so the ball would break from a ball and take the coco. I did t really do anything as far as that....
    I asked if I should break it up. I didn't break anything up...

Now, I have 2 plants there. And both are doing the same thing..

The one in veg tired dark green once I took it out of the flower room. And put it back in veg.

It's been about a week and a half Mabye 2 weeks and the 2 plants are doing exactly the same. Light green.

Same nutes same everything except for the light. It's a HPS running 24hr.....

Wtf. ..?

And yes they are growing.. new life is light colored..

8. dude u have either a cal mag issue or fungus knats. im leaning towards calmag cause u are in coco. the leaves do not look like fungus knat issues with larvae eating roots. are there little bugs the size of a fruit fly buzzing around in your grow. when you bump the plant do you see them come out of the coco? fungus knats love coco bro i just battled them myself! if indeed fungus knats you will want to do a soil drench with 70% or better neem oil. so, investigate your roots. take the plant out of your pot, get another bucket with fresh water or the bath tub. submerge plant into water. let it soak for a few. now slowly break up the roots in the coco. be gentle. pull plant out and set into another bucket. look for little squiggly white things that look like worms or little critters trying to crawl around. if you see this, your problm is fungus knats.....if no knat larvae, then you have cal mag issue. you dont need bigger pot for coco dude. wtf??? eds coco guide says multiple feeds in 1 gallon pots and he pulls 40 grams per plant easy. roots dig coco cause its like a huge sponge they can tangle roots into. then cation exchange is fast and efficient. problem is coco messes with potassium and calcium/magnesium....find problem its either larvae or cal mag related. when transplanting in coco you WANT to break up the roots like 30% off... this will force new root devolopment. i personally use 5 gallon fabric pots for coco grows, but i ow you can grow in smaller like 2 and 3 gallon containers easily. with coco, once the plant has taken over all the media, you have to keep it very moist, like water several times a day! hope this helps! peace

9. Can you put a photo up? A little lightening of the tips is pretty common during the stretch and doesn't seem to cause problems with most people. By week 3 or 4 it's usually darkened up again

10. Ok, let me explain this again..

In VEG they do FINE!!! :)
    In the FLOWER ROOM, they act all funny and shit..

When in my veg cabinet all is green and good.
    Once they are in my flower room. They start turning all light colored.

I have them in the flower room, but not in 12/12 flower yet.
    I have the HPS at 24hrs right now, to see WTF is going on with why they keep turning yellow / light green.

When the one on the right was in the veg box she did well. Then I put her in the flower room, let her sit for about a week or 2 and she is turning yelloish / light green.

If it stayed in the veg cabinet, it would still be green.

Attached is the pics iasked for.

The one on the left is the one I repotted and the one on the right WAS in the flower room then got taken out and put into the veg cabinet.
    And when I repotted the one on the left I put that one out again, to see what it would do..

If I had gnats, I would see them right? I dont and they do great in the cabinet (in the same room as the flower room)

Thanks!

Attached Files:

11. they look underfed and underpotted.

Whatever your what ever is the plants are doing whats normal. You are chasing your tail over nothing.

feed em for flower and grow them.

12. I agree the pots look really small in the newest pics.

They do look hungry too.

Plants typically change color when they o intoflower. They always lose thaeir veg color as they stop putting energy into leaves and switch to bud production.

Also, your posts are hard to follow, sober or high. I think thats why everyone is so confused.

If i had a fungus gnat problem in soil id go pyrethrin and in hydro id use gnatrol off ebay.

But to be honest, i dont see any fungus root damage at all. None of the signs. Just what snoop already said.

13. #33 GoldGrower, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    It s
    It sounds like you are hinting that it's somehow the rooms fault. Why do you keep calling it the flower room when the light schedule is 24/0?

As snoop said, they are under fed and root bound. In all honesty they look pretty terrible, I don't believe they could have been in perfect health before you moved them to a different room. I suspect that any worsening is merely due to coincidental timing

It has to be the room, the plant looked pretty damn good in the cabinet...

And because they both and the other plants are doing fine in the cabinet... 

I totally feel ya that they look like shit.. Thats the entire reason why I started this thread because I dont know what the hell is doing that..

- I re-potted the one I had soley in the flower room about a few weeks ago, and the other one is in I believe a 2gal smart pot. And has been for a little while. The one in the smart pot is the one taken out of the flower room and put back in. When it was out, it turned dark green again. When I put it back it turned light green after about a week or so.

The plant on the left got put in an approx 1 gal pot.

So if they are under fed, do you think its not high enough nutes? Or water intervals, or both?

Nutes are at around 400ppm. PH is 5.6

I ask because Iam not the one who waters them, its my uncle hes a patient. I do these grows now for him and my dad. Both extremely Bi-Polar.The meds help them more than you can imagine. So I try to help them..  But since I cannot be there everyday, I have him water them. 2 times a day. One at morning and one at night..

So were on the same page here...

I put them in the flower room to FLOWER  yes!!. LOL. But because I transition them from 24hr to 18/6 to 12 12. I left them under 24hr light because when I noticed this happening was in my 18/6 transition. And was like damn, this plant looks shitty. I need to find out wtf is going on here.
    So yes its the flower room and yes they are under 24hr light. But the intention is for them to FLOWER. But not in this condition.. Fuck that... We will get a shit ass crop..  I want to figure this out to keep it from happening

And again, it was dark green in the veg room, once put into the flower room it started going light green again.

I will go over there tomorow and re-pot that shit again. To a 5gal fucking pot if I have to.. If they are root bound then cool, but I literally just re-potted the one to the new pot not that long ago. So if it is root-bound again I guess ill have to sort that out and re-pot..
    But it hasn't one any better since its re-potted.

Thanks for the input yall. But I cant flower them in this condition..

I just swapped some plants from 24/0 floros to 16/8 1,000w MH and all mine are lime green too. Its just a nature of the business. Im running hydro feeding 700 PPM and still have the same change in color.

feed for bloom, add cal mag and let it ride.

Normally I dont  go from 24/0 to 16/8 I stopped vegging 24/0 when I run 1,000w lights, I dont want them on that long.

The plant is wanting to flower, not grow more leaf.

16. Hey Snoop,

Thanks for the reply dude..
    Im using a 1000w light too.. And I get what you mean.. So should I just re pot one and flower that bitch then? Thats what I take your saying..

See the last few grows went kinda bad. And I thought it was because of this lime green issue. But since these 2 are under a 24hr light, they are not in "season" So they wouldn't be wanting to flower. Right? 

Its not that I doubt you bro, but I dont want a shit crop again.. So thats why I held up from flowering any yet..

Really the only difference in the flower room is that it has a HPS vs the florescent and 2 100w cfl's

I also hate to drag this shit on, I really want to flower like sooooo badly.. But I just dont want a crappy crop.

When I was growing in a closet using a 600w hps. I did waaaay better than Iam now. I was just thinking that something is going on.. So re-pot and flower is the consensus then?