Dabs Perpetual Cupboard Garden

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Grow2dab., Aug 18, 2014.

1. Ya, I really don't want to do many strains, I'll stick with 4 tops. till I learn more. I don't follow a schedule now, I just water when they tell me to. But, with hempies, it shouldn't mater much, was going to put it on for 5 min a day watering with a pump from reservoir. 
        That way I can fine tune my nutes, and give them plenty of dry time.  Be able to do a good flush  at finish bla bla.....

2. I have found that my girls respond amazingly well to a good flush after every 3rd feeding. Always do 3x the pot size. I usually have 5gal pots for my final size so 15gal water. First 10gal is ph'd water at 5.9 last 5 gal is molasses also ph'd to 5.9

I usually like letting them dry out really good in between waterings/feedings. Basically the lift technique you were talking about.

Idk I have a really laid back approach to tending my garden only feed when the plants tell me. I've never had a set nute schedule just a lil bit here and there as needed if that makes any sense? I've even simplified my nutes this round with just flora nova grow and bloom with molasses we'll see how it all plays out really soon.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1329119-bigcat-returns.html

3. #123 D.o.c, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    Then I'll try flushing every week then.  @ water change.

I'm just using IONIC grow and bloom now, but since I wanted to get started, I'm using the dreaded MG soil.

4. ya, I kinda found that out after the fact, but been trying to make compost, hope it's ready soon. If I like the hempies, I'll probly just scrap the soils. 

Totally agree, each grow I think I relax my approach a bit and it works better. Thinking back my first grow they were probably half full their whole lives now I let them get pretty dry and they're happier. Might try that every third feeding flush and see how we go, would you start soon or wait till the are a bit bigger?

6. I do it right from the start. If you can remember my past grows I also heavily defoliate early on too. I like to break em I really quick and if it's to much stress for the plant then it shouldn't be in my tent! Lol

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1329119-bigcat-returns.html

7. #129 Grow2dab., Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    Yeah I plan to stay right on top of the undergrowth this time, especially with the LED's. 

I know what hempy's looks like but don't really know much else about them. I run Rocket Pots which are meant to stop the roots massing at the edges and instead fire them off in some other direction as well as obviously heaps of extra airflow. Hempy's are kinda the same principles aren't they? 

8. I reckon you could hempy those rocket pots, just put'em inside a lil bigger buckets. or put'em in a 2in tall pan or sumthin.

Those big rocket pots were like $50 each, they better be the last pots I have to buy.. haha.

Nice big Sunday wake n bake this morning and I'm still recovering, rocking the first UFO now too :smoke:

[​IMG]

10. Nice! That's awesome you're gettin LED's.  I really dig your little cabinet setup. I'm a cabinet grow man at heart. Even when I upgrade to a room, or a dedicated garage building grow... I'll still have a soft spot for Cabinet Grows  :love:  :love:

11. I think I will too mate the convenience, stealth and low noise are big sellers now I just have to get the weight up. Led is kickin arse too, they love it atm.

The seedling with the retarded leaves is going to get the chop tomorrow and replaced with another bad seed, I'm not going to waste anymore time on it.

12. These are a week from seed, 1st one is soon to be replaced by another bag seed. How retarded is it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bit over 3 weeks from seed, both just been fimmed.

[​IMG]

13. ooo those are some nice fat fans, very nice :) I'm a major sucker for fat fans  :love:  I hope to have a mega afghan strain in my garden.

Is the seedling being weird and twisty, with a little yellow like rust spot in the middle of the leaf wrinkle?  My blue dream is doin that :-/ but I'm sure she'll be ok lol

14. #137 Grow2dab., Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Yeah that's what I thought, bag seed was a pretty heavy Indica from memory too.

That seeding was just a terrible genetic fuckup (for lack of a better word), pulled it out and its root system was barely an inch deep.

Might be a change of plans soon..

Finding it impossible to light proof my cupboard which kinda throws the stealth out the window so i'm just thinking of putting the 3x3 back up now.

16. yeah I have bad light leaks lol.  I am not too terribly worried of stealth, as long as it's stealth outside this room lol.  In the room, meh.  

17. Yeah I gave up, more room is always good too.

[​IMG]

Same issue I had last time when I went full LED, think I need more calmag.

[​IMG]

Also have these little white larvae looking things turning up under the pots, any ideas guys?

[​IMG]