Dabs Perpetual Cupboard Garden

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Grow2dab., Aug 18, 2014.

1. #701 Grow2dab., Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    Cheers mate.

Organic LED's? I'm subbed to yours too. [​IMG]

Oh AND Chronic Thunder, that strain seems to be begging me to buy it recently..

2. Week 5

Don't forget the LED side is 90 watts down on the HPS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. #705 Grow2dab., Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
    [​IMG]

Still going to be interesting to see which light yields the biggest cola.

4. Biggest? Probably hps. Highest terp and THC, led for sheezy.

5. DUDE YOUR GROW IS AWESOME!

SUbbedddd Up!

Your girls are looking beautiful man... I am a fan of Multiple light sources...

I am running CFL + LED

You have HPS  + LED

Redbeard has MH (i think) + LED

So AWESOME!

6. #708 Grow2dab., Apr 3, 2015
    Cheers mate, welcome.

Yeah I kinda fell into multiple lights but wouldn't have it any other way now. I got CFL's, T5 and a MH in storage too haha

You'd be surprised, that LED cola is at least as big as the biggest HPS so if it is denser (which it should be) then it could be a close yield. HPS side will yield more so that's why I decided to compare in different ways instead.

Being the same cut as well this time i'll be able to find out for sure which light grows the nicest smoke though. [​IMG]

Going to be LED.. I have seen it over and over and over the LED produces more terps and resins resulting in a nicer tastier smoke.

on the other hand the big high wattage bulbs have the light intensity and quantity to support fat buds and more of them so maybe have a higher yield due to more intense light.

This is why blending two light sources can give best of both worlds, so based on this idea you would have the LED spectrums paired with the HPS intensity to get the ultimate dankzz. LED by itself is known to have Sub-Par PAR readings... most diodes just arent intense enough by themselves.

RED beard has his MH bulb in the middle with two LED panels aiming in at an angle on each side of the MH bulb to blend all the light together by the time it hits the canopy... same with me i have all my lights angled so the light blends.

You have yours in a BATTLE going head to head hahahah so awesome

8. Yep totally agree.

Battle mode now but next round will probably be more like this %, allot of the HPS's spread is getting wasted on the left side atm.

9. looks great man, just got my beans so I will be looking to start up again next week sometime.

Just not sure if I should grow 2 or 3 plants its 1mx1mx2m under 600w in 24L air pots, going to be using a scrog

10. What do you think about having the HPS centered and then a UFO on each side at an angle pointing toward center?

That would be ideal but it only fits on an angle unfortunately.

Mine is 80cm x 80 cm x 160cm with simillar 33L pots to give you an idea, roughly 460w draw worth of lights.

600 would be perfect in that size tent as long as temp isn't a problem? Probably shoot for a pound?

Temps are fine during this time of the year its only peak summer its abit of a problem.

My tents not much bigger than yours, do you think you could of put an extra plant in with that small bit of extra room?

13. #715 Grow2dab., Apr 3, 2015

I actually have 3 in there atm, it's a bit of a pita to be honest. Unless you want to have 3 different strains then I wouldn't bother just stretch the two out more. Without a net then yeah 3 is just as easy as 2.

14. Different shot of the Vegetation Station, she's just about full..

[​IMG]

Oh and noticed this and thought here's one for blades new to coco, ready to water on the left and one more day on the right.

[​IMG]

15. Definitely helpful insight into coco growing right there!

Hey dude, I probably have asked before but I'm a stoner.. What's your formula? Like everything you feed? I'm grabbing the h&g lineup and wondered the amount of bud xl u use

16. #718 Grow2dab., Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
    Don't stress I forget shit all the time lol.

Real happy with just this atm.

Silica
    Calmax
    GH Micro
    GH Gro
    GH Bloom
    N booster in Veg and PK 13-14 Booster in Flower
    Bud XL

Bud XL is maxed most the time it's in use (soon as resin production starts), think it's just a top booster/resin producer.

Most of that stuff is around 30ml in 25l except the Bloom which is 50ml, don't need to PH it too which is cool as it comes in around where I want it.

17. Cool, thanks for typing it out for me. I'm going yo do some side by sides and see if I want to continue with the h3ad formula or switch to h&g. Also have a sample of rock resin8r to try on a plant or two so I should be able to give an unbiased view of which booster works best. I'm using no boost now so things will get interesting lol.

18. #720 Grow2dab., Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
    Yeah man there is so much shit out there to try, heard good things about Rock and was going to try it myself one day.

As far as the H3AD formula I had a good look at the bottles and yeah the GRO seems to do fuck all compared to the others but I still don't get enough nitrogen, not with this strain anyway.

Some people swear by H&G and some say it was not up to the hype and some even had problems so I really dunno. I've used Bud XL from day one and throughout all of my fails and switching nutes resin production has always been pretty good. Maybe Bud XL is the reason?