Dabs Perpetual Cupboard Garden

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Grow2dab., Aug 18, 2014.

1. #521 rain dancer, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    I have a purple plant now that none of that above happened to.

Its big skunk
    [​IMG]

Also, girl scout cookies naturally purples. Have one of those in the garden as well. just noticed the buds turning purple a few days ago.

If i had to choose id say number one every time minus your last sentence. Just get a plant with purple genetics that is dank, grow it right, treat it good and smoke that purple reward.

I have a friend on another site that had purple trichomes.THAT was unqiue to me.
    ~ poke

2. Ive grown a lot of purple strains and still havent found exactly what i want. Often it looks nice while growing but trims up and its hard to tell. Its more of a fascination than anything though, something to hunt for and figure out. I currently have Ultimate Purple in my grow, no purple in my one pheno though. Im considering over riping one of my UPs to see if it just needs a bit more time.

Good to hear on the girl scout cookies, i have a full pack of them with some white urkles to sort though. I think one of my problems has always been trying to get lucky with a pix an mix seed. So this time ive got numbers on my side.

Nice purp big skunk by the way

3. #523 rain dancer, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    I can fully appreciate what youre saying. I am always on the lookout for something unique, so i hunt down land race genetics!

Yeah sometimes you get lucky in a pick n mix. If you want to try great genetics hit up peakseedsbc in canada. Cant go wrong with his random mix of beans, every strain is a winner, youll be hooked for life.

GSC i havent yet smoked but ive got two copies of it in my garden i believe, one that is super dank and healthy for sure, havent checked on the other in days.

Im hopin the big skunk is rewarding, i crossed one branch with sleestack skunk so the genetics will be half skunk #1 since both plants are skunk#1 hybrids. Im excited for the results :)

4. Someone say purple? See the sharp line on the right fan where the leaf was laying over it.

[​IMG]

5. Last shot of a full tent.

[​IMG]

B2 tops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Very frosty bro. :smoking: Looks delicious.

If you don't mind me asking what do you use to host the images for large pictures?

7. #527 Grow2dab., Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    Cheers mate. Taste good too, I'm high as fuck atm on scissor hash :smoke:

Just photobucket for the pics.

8. Brass has a prized pheno he's been working for a while now that fills the bill on you purple quest;  Red Headed Step Sister and an offshoot of this has pink pistils as well. (linked his thread, but he's active and I'm sure would weigh in on the discussion if you wanted his perspective).

9. Dang dabs, looking really nice. This is what your 3rd finished grow? Safe to say you got this shit down. Also you plants look pretty healthy, much better than the picture of just the leaf that was all fucked up. I see what you are talking about with the right fan leaf on the other leaf, you must have been right something to do with the lights. Illl inspect mine a bit for similar colors, the purple light makes it hard to see some of that stuff sometimes and mine are about to finish also. 

Whats your cure plan? 

10. Looks good in here man, you're coming a long ways :) 

11. Very nice man. Gotta love scissor hash

12. #532 Grow2dab., Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    Thanks fella's. I tell ya what after two weeks with just sugar trim you wouldn't believe how happy I am to finally have something decent to smoke again.

B1 Tops will come down today.

Cheers mate yeah third grow, I'd say "shit down" is probably being a bit generous atm lol but as long as I get better each grow I'm happy. Now that I know my setup is more then enough to support myself it's all good. Genetics played a big part in this grow, the first two I had shit genetics but's it's a whole different ball game when you have some half decent strains to play with. 

Cure plan is just hang them for a week or so then mason jars and burp them everyday till I'm happy with them. Sugar trim and larf will be made into bubble or bho at various stages from wet to bone dry just testing.

My lights were like 6 inches away too, closer then I would of liked even for 90w lights

13. Kinda late in the convo but I,too have just harvested a plant that started purling late and putting off several colors actually close to harvest but I also noticed that the leaves had been somewhat overlapped by another leaf were not colored specifically where the other leaf lay on top. Whole leaf colored except a piece that looks just like a shadow from a blade thats green. Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

14. Yeah definitely the LED's making them go purple.

B1 tops fella's, slightly bigger then the LED ones..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love this plant, so much easier to trim and really nice solid nugs. Still got about 1.5-2 oz of larf on the plants so might hit 5 this grow :smoke:

15. #535 donkiez, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    Got it down is a nice finished run, its all fine tuning after that. :)

They do look real good though and after a week in a jar the smell should really start coming out. 

Whats your plans for your next run? How about learnings on this one and what will you do differently next time? 

By the way its partial harvest day for me also. It always feels like Christmas morning even after years of growing. 

16. Yeah it's good fun seeing all your time and effort pay off. Here is the rest of the plants, B1 on the left and B2 the right.

[​IMG]

I was going to continue these by keeping a veg cab going with clones but after the next two B1's I'll have enough to last me 12 months easy so after that I'll pack it up for a bit. From now on I think I'll just do 4 reg seeds of the same strain each round and see if I can end up with some nice phenos/bud and plenty of seeds to store each grow.

17. Awesome :) nice pull man

18. Cheers mate.

So turns out my luck kinda ran out with weed related things unfortunately, somehow popped my SSV and Fan controller at the same time :( 

I added some mood lighting to the veg cab too.

[​IMG]

19. That sucks man :( My Ventilation blower is making a grinding sound, sounds like a dude sharpening a lathe in the room :(  So I feel your pain with crap goin out with the grow 

Lookin good though man, area looks nice and clean 

20. Any chance you have a cardboard box laying around that would fit around the thing? If so, it will help a bit with the noise. Insulated ducting helps a ton too.