Poor Mans Race Car Build

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Scars, Aug 18, 2014.

1. #21 ThuggishReefer, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    This is real talk. Project moving along quite nicely... Those Toyota engines are a tank for sure haha, I knew they were exceptionally crazy but I never imagined those kinds of digits :D . The only factory engine compared to that would be rb25 altrough in my oppinion is still behind the 2jz. What size turbo is that btw?

And for the engine bay, I'd go red. Candy red :cool:

2. The RB25/26 are pretty damn strong too. I havn't researched into them too much but the limit for those Nissan engines is at around 700. It's not that the internals break or are too weak. It is the oiling system that is lacking. The oil pump is poorly designed and doesn't allow enough oil pressure at higher power numbers. Which in turn causes them to pop.

The turbo I am using is a Precision Turbo Engineering 67-65 Journal Bearing (67mm). The average rwhp rating for this turbo around 30-35 PSI is 800-850.

3. such a perfect drift car wasted and turned into a time attack car. ehh but to each his own i guess

4. Subbed

WeFlockLikePigeons

5. I live in the 518 too. In Schenectady, where you from?

Sent from my SM-G730V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Really? Wasted? Because I'm not drifting? Ha, that's a pretty narrow perspective.

That's like me saying, "such a perfect drag/time attack car wasted and turned into something that only does well going sideways"

Like you said, to each his own.

7. This reminded me of you lol
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415807852.853061.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️