Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarboxylating Without Creating Sleep Medication.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Black Cat, Aug 17, 2014.

1. If you had some water hash made from a sativa strain, and you wanted to use it to make edibles, without changing its non-sedative quality, how would you decarb it? If you're too aggressive with the heat/time it'll make you drowsy and lethargic. If you decarb too sparingly, than you'll effectively waste most of your material, because you never activated it. Where's the sweet spot for this purpose.

2. I'd try 225 for about 20-25 minutes.  You want to convert the THCa to THC at a minimum.  The longer you go the more CBD and CBN you get, I think.  Although starting with hash you might want to follow BadKittySmiles' instructions pinned at the top of this forum.  I'm about to follow that but I only have 3g of dry ice hash.  Should still be pretty potent.

3. Interesting stuff and I can extrapolate from it how to create an edible that's higher in the CBD and CBN if that suits my purpose (which much of the time, it does).