New Broke Woman Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TiPWiLL, Aug 17, 2014.

Small yellow stunted plants, you want fat green ones.

2. Okay, thank u! I didnt deal with it on my last grow. Just used bottled water. I think ill do tht.

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

3. I took a page out of your book and made my own cardboard box grow, just put some little guys in there today. I hope yours works out bud! Keep us posted!

Subbed! :metal:

4. Thanx, do you have pics or a journal? We can follow along with each other and learn together. Are you new to growing????

5. Maybe I'm just unlucky then GG, paid $15 for mine, and it measured the same sample of tap water at between 2.8 and 7.0. I kind of expected a little fluctuation, but that seems a bit excessive huh lol.

I just bought an Elekcity pH meter with the auto temperature compensation (like $18 instead of $10) and I heard that makes a big difference for whatever reason (having the temp. adjustment). Either way it works so far.

7. Where did you get it for $18?

It's $19 today apparently, but with Prime shipping it's worth it to me. Local stores only carry the expensive meters.

9. Yeah I was about to ask that lol, paid $60 for my new one and it doesn't have any temp compensation lol

10. Well I'm not sure how much temperature matters to pricier meters, it just seemed to specifically matter between this model and the $10 model without it (same manufacturer).

11. I used the liquid tester up until now, worked well too. But I wanted to give the meter a go. I have a ppm meter coming in the mail today, can't wait to see how hard my water is.

That's what I was thinking, but it also depends on how often you water. The more plants I have the less synchronized my watering becomes. Every girl likes it her own way.

I just feel like I understand because lots of times I find myself buying more expensive options in the long run because it's what I can afford right now (cheaper up front cost to get me going, kind of deal).

Or it just works for them haha, who knows :)

13. I saw a neighbor moving out with several big fish tanks so i said "i hope them fish was paying rent, where did u make room for all that. We both have the same 1br apartment floor plan." He laughed n said he is a hobbyist and breeds fish but did need to get rid of some tanks. So i accepted a tank and he JUST came to my door with a box of supplies n sht... In that stuff was a ph tester. Its the liquid one with the little drops n tube... LUCKY!!!!! Today should be a good day.

14. Ima do this one. My seeds have not popped yet. And they are bag seeds... I will germ 5 more and keep them in cups till about 3 weeks, and early flower then get rid of males and revert back to flower and then attempt to clone the females just in case. What is the best method 4 cloning??? Well cheapest way with at least a tested 50% success rate? Ill take quite a few, keep a mother in veg until im done with my other grows then flower. I want to keep it coming consistently so ill b setting up another box 4 my future mother.

15. Sooooo, i got a plant to pop... Both bag seeds so im hoping at least 1 is a female. I can do 1... Get clones n go tht way. I have some seeds on the way. Ill put an auto fem in with them. Just in case so ill have something to smoke while i experiment. Just gta b careful and get males out quick. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408565413.157057.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408565422.424492.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408565431.975217.jpg

Im using aloe in my water too... Just something i grew up watching my mom do so i just kinda did it w/o much thought...

Btw, i tried the ph kit n i think i have something to be concerned with... What do you think?