New Broke Woman Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TiPWiLL, Aug 17, 2014.

1. just dont use fancy air cooled shit lol iv got 2 400 watt HPS in my closet and the door is wide open 24/7 stays at 27 degrees Celsius 24/7 even in its dark cycle with a heater. One of the lights is situated on the top of the plant with no shade this gives me a cooler temp in the room because the shade holds alot of heat in and my other 400 watt is sitting on a chair facing inwards on the side of the plant at the open door with the shade on it so all the light is forced into the closet and there is a small 6 inch fan cooling the single bulb on top and a 30 cm rotating household fan positioned behind the shade and just above it blowing air straight at the plant 

2. Can u post pics? Im curious

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

3. will do in like 10 hours lol its nothing fancy but it grows weed...

4. Thats what i need... Thanx!

5. http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-designsetup/1303807-need-some-advice-plz-thank-you.html

here is my first post on grass city im not stupid ad i covered most of my bases if you read through it and not onl look at pics youll find alot of questions you would have asked will already be in there and answered if you follow all them link from top to bottom its basicly a journal and you will see how far iv come 

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1311353-288-watts-cfl-enough-1-plant.html

more photos of  later date 

and heres when i got alot more knowledge under my belt 
    there is 2 updates in this next post pics at top and bottom of the page make sure you check them 

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1319877-420-watts-cfl-powerrr-25-days-into-flower-update.html

and here is the last update i put on and this is under the 2 400 watts 

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1325486-buds-got-heavy-there-stems-50-days-into-flower.html

^^^ this one up here has more updated photos on page 2 as well 

6. i hope this helps :) if you have any questions feel free to ask 

7. Awh man, thanx. Ill sub to that and follow. I am still germinating the seeds. A little over 24hrs... Almost 36... Once i start up in sure ill have more questions. I have a little air stone in my water. Ill strt up the air flow 24hrs b4 my 1st water. I used tap water and nutes w/o checking ph... I will be using gallons of water from the store... Drinking water or distilled? Which is better? q1...

Here is a pic of my lil bubbler.... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408418851.767301.jpg

8. #28 UpAndComer, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    distilled or reverse osmosis is good dont ever buy spring or mineral water these are from unreliable sources and can have bad organisms in the water that can harm root growth and lock certain nutes out and you wont need nutrients in the water till the plant actually has roots sticking out of the bottom of the net pot are you using rockwool or hydroton? also the store bought stuff should be ph'd. but you dont needto buy water and are you just germinating in the bubbler?

9. ohhhhhh wait your not doing hydroponic your just airating your water for the plants this is smart... ifyou dont have chlromine in your water you will be fine to just get a bucket of water and let the chlorine evaporate now in certain areas you will have chlroamine or something like that instead of chlorine. Chloramine cannot be evaporated out of the water in which case get awater flitration unit or buy water... if you intend on doing alot of grows invest in a cheap water filtration device 

10. #30 UpAndComer, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    get yourself acheap water and soil PH tester and a filtration unit and some pool ph level stuff UP and Down this way you can do it all yourself and you know exactly what your girl are getting also heres something to take into consideration once your plant gets bigger and waste water begins to come out the bottom when you water you PH test it before it goes in and PH test the waste water... this tells you or gives you an indication of what sort of buffer your soil is doing to the PH you may put it in at exactly 7 but your soil may have to much bark and when it comes out the bottom in waste water it may be 5.8 or something because bark is acidic... to combat this make a new mix of the same soil and add some dolomite lime to the mix to counteract the to much acidicness in the soil you know? if you intend on doing more than 1 grow or continue to grow itll be cheaper in the long run to buy these things instead of water 

Put it this way my 1 plant drinks 3 litres of feed then the next day 3 litres of water and the next day dry out the soil repeat so my plant gets 6 liters of water every 3 days this coul be rather expensive if i were to be buying my water you know?

11. Okay, and they'll have it at lowes or home depot correct?

12. The bubble water is only for watering and feeding the plants. I plan on trying a small 1 plant hydro setup. But not yet. I need to at least finish about 5 grows b4 i start trying shit. Lol. But thanks for the advice. I have a water filtering pitcher for drinking water. I guess i ddnt think about using it 4 this...

Do you mean like a brita water filter, or one of them fancy counter top things????

Thank you! Where can i find a decent ph meter for a good price... ( not from china)

13. I planted my sprouts today and also purchased my 65k lights for veg... Let me knw if this all looks good please.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408465108.631757.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408465120.583051.jpg

14. Humidity is quite low mate, but that could maybe just be because you have the grow area open to take the pic lol.

15. Oh and yeah, steer well clear of Chinese ph meters!, learned that lesson the hard way.....Blue lab ph meter is deadly accurate. It will set you back about $60, but it's worth it in the long run.

16. #36 GoldGrower, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    I have had two PH meters in my time. Both the cheap Chinese type. my first one was £10 and lasted 8 years until I somehow smashed the glass probe. The other one I still have now and is a couple of years old, that cost me £5. I check calibration every now and then but they have never needed adjusting. I have no idea why anyone would want to spend more on expensive ones

17. I was growing my own plants in soil since 1980 and did not ever buy a PH meter till 2014 for hydro.

A new soil grower dose not have to check PH if they have decent water and potting soil.

One needs to test their water to know. Mine comes in at 7.8rh. you could get away with it but why not do what is know to be most beneficial? A little PH down is cheap and goes a long way. 

I know, all my indoor is hydro.

Iv seen new growers start messing with the PH and do more harm then good.

baby steps... new growers worry and lord over baby plants enough as it is.

Iv found plants grow best when you dont unnecessarily fuck with them.

Nothing wrong with 6.5 water in soil though. :)

20. Well since i am on a journey to see how cheap this can be ill not worry about it 4 now. I still need to know where i can get a decent cheap one just in case... What are signs that would let me know it needs to be corrected...?