12Vdc Led Lights ..are They Any Good

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by antfarm85, Aug 17, 2014.

1. I have a set of led light panels that I got from a friend . The color temperature is 4000k-4500k I know it not really a growth spectrum but couldnt I mod, add and remove leds with colored one's to get rig h t spectrum. They run on 12volts and at 3 w im not sure if thats per led ...packing says 3volts circuit board says 2.8v company is called digico imaging cant find any specs on it yet ,any ideas. .Thank s GC'ers

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. I did a quick check and it looks like those are a chinese import for digico, in Columbus, OH.   I couldn't find any specifics though.

Do you happen to have a kill-o-watt that you can see how much wattage is pulls?

Just guessing here...but it looks like a cheeper panel with smaller leds. I'm guessing this cuz there's no fans, and it looks pretty light for it's size when in your hand. All the led panels I've seen with the larger wattage leds have cooling fans.

That being said, this panel might be great for veg, maybe even flower. If you plan on tinkering with the color spectrum I'd just add some separate lights to balance it out rather then messing with the panel. (IMO)  btw...I've flowered under 5000k cfls and still had good results.

I think you should grow under it and see what happens. The plants will let you know right away how good it is.  :smoke:

3. Thanks Sauce for your input ill try a few ladies under it and let you know the results. ..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Grasscity Forum mobile app