Newbie Cfl Microcab Grow Need Help And Suggestions

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by kenz007, Aug 17, 2014.

1. #41 kenz007, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    Oh alright :) i do hope they turn veg already! I want to transplant them to a bigger pot. Would 1 gallon suffice my grow on cfl? @[member="Bongsauce"] sorry i ask too much i just want to be sure. lol

2. yeh a gallon sounds good :)

3. Day 20!

White widow
    I'm assuming new greener growth means shes getting better? What do you think?

Black russian
    This seedling is sprouting so slow!!

Tell me what you think guys? :) @[member="Bongsauce"]

Attached Files:

4. man I honestly don't know exactly what's up. I try not to give nutrient advice unless people are using the same stuff as me. Maybe she just doesn't like the mix...or ph might be off...or overwatering, sorry I can't be more help. The purpling on the waterleaves is no good...and the stem looks real scrawny. I had quite a few mystery issues when I was using soil and soiless, then I switched to coco and haven't looked back.

you can ask all you want, but sometimes I'll have shitty answers like this  :(

I really hope she turns around and greens up some more....any positive changes should be noticeable in a day or 2

5. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days.. I just hope she recovers.. Im giving fresh ph 7 water on the next watering day to flush out any extra nutrients if they look like they need it. But so far she's just growing real slow im on my 20th day and shes still small.. :( is this normal? :)

6. #46 Bongsauce, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    seems like she's goin pretty slow. Maybe ph is the issue? I know 7 is optimal in soil and 5.8 is good in hydro...you're in soilless which is neither lol... I'm sure there's someone out there that's knows better then I do.  I have no idea what my PH was back when I was using soiless...all I know is my tap is about 7.2 and that's what I mixed all my nutes with....but my soiless mix had alot of organic nutes mixed in too.

sorry if I forgot...but how is watering going? do you let it dry a bit in between watering and stuff? watering by weight of container...? Just want to make sure overwatering isn't the issue....though that usually results in a droopy greener plant.

7. #47 kenz007, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    I water every dry soil.. May 3-4 days? The pot is small.. The water i used is distilled water with ph of 7.. Should i put lime to make it more acidic? Thanks @[member="Bongsauce"] your answers are more than enough help for me :) im just a newbie grower hahaha

8. #48 kenz007, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    I tried testing the ph of the nutes, it was around 5ph quite acidic but its organic so i assumed ph isn't a factor? :) im assuming that im overwatering and i should stop doing that. What is the best thing to do to recover? :)

9. just make sure to water by weight, get used to lifting up the pot each time...you'll soon get a feel for it.

10. Thank you @[member="Bongsauce"] yes i will do that. :) oh yes my temp shoots up to 31-32 degrees for about an hour or 2 because i rest my a/c for a couple of hours?

11. tempos might be ok like that for a brief period...the plants will let you know..watch for signs of heat stress, such as canoeing on top leaves and the teeth of the leaves curling upwards.

12. ill help ya bro. dude the plants are sick......they are starved locked out and need nutrients bad!!! that doesnt mean you need to :"feed" or "water" them. the green one looks better than the yellow one. let soil dry out. add a soil sweetener to raise the ph.....cal/mag is a soil sweetener bro. lok for it at home depot 5 bucks for big heavy bag. add like a 3 tablespoons per gallon of soil. mix in well or just top dress. you are going to have to foliar feed the yellow on until it recovers. i would advise foliar feeding the green one too. so, here is what you do ok? get some superthrive or some sea kelp. mix in a light dose with water like maybe 2 drops superthrive or like 1/8th of a teaspoon seakelp add a few drops of dawn dishwashing soap to the spray bottle.. i hope u are using ro or some type of filtered water. mix in the spray bottle adjust ph to 6.3 check and recheck 6.3ph........now spray from top to bottom with lights off.......hopefully temps are around mid 70s when you foliar feed. do this 1 x a wekk until plants recover. only water when spoil is bone dry and only water a a little bit at a time, and wait........add a little more and wait.....keep doing this until you see just a little bit maybe 5% runoff...this is how you water with soil

13. I have superthrive here that i can use to give my plant. As far as cal/mag, will epsom salt suffice? :) i also have a sea kelp concentrate i can use. I put 5ml of concentrated kelp worh 1.5 liters of water and fed them once. This is the improvement but but im not sure what to do next

Can i combine sea kelp and superthrive? Or is that too much? Im using organic nutes, should i change ph?
    This is what she looks like now

Thanks @[member="paulandcathy"] and @[member="Bongsauce"] :)

Attached Files:

14. Im using ph 7 distilled water

15. epson salt can supplement the calmag..I prefer calmag though. She's lookin better.

16. @[member="Bongsauce"] i watered maybe 1/3 teaspoon of epsom salt dilluted in a 1 litre bottle. And foliar and soil watered until 5% runoff and then fed 3ml of organic nutes with sea kelp in a 1 liter bottle and had 10-15% run off. The run off ph is at 7.5 its very alkaline but in my understanding, i shouldnt change ph since its organic? Whats your take? :)

17. yeh I think ph is supposed to fix itself in organics...

I don't personally do organics or foliar sprays.

18. Hello there! Im just wondering if i can transplant her already? I think im overwatering because of the small pot :)) @[member="Bongsauce"]

No improvements yet but its not dying either :)

19. I think if you transplant you'll be more likely to overwater cuz it will take longer for the soil to dry out. I'd wait to transplant till it's drying out in just a day or 2, or you see some decent roots poking out the bottom.

20. Im not doing anything yet im just concerned that its growing pretty slow and i really want it to recover :( also my other sprout is like a deformed seedling :))