Newbie Cfl Microcab Grow Need Help And Suggestions

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by kenz007, Aug 17, 2014.

You never want to remove more than 1/3 of the plant at a shot. It would be bad practice to cute 4 inches off an 8 inch plant for a clone.
    Get a substantial plant growing to be a clone doner,or mother plant.

you guys are too cool. Im just a lucky old dude who loves to grow and wants to help teach growing.

Try as I might I just cant grow enough for everybody. :)

2. @[member="Bongsauce"] @[member="snoopdog6502"] Thank you so much for all the great advises. i would update my grow day by day so i can ask more about the plant and how i could improve in my growing skills! :) the professor and the zen master!! :)

3. #23 kenz007, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    Just a quick update!

Day 8
    Temperature 25-29 degrees celsius
    Humidity 30-40%
    Light schedule (18/6)

White widow
    Shes growing her 3-4 leaf and it looks like shes growing just fine but what do you think?

Black Russian
    The seed hasn't sprouted yet so i investigated. The seed was upside down and the root was coming up while the seed is still underneath! So what i did is i dug the soil thatis supporting her and turned her properly and avoided damaging or touching the taproot. I do pray it survives!

This is the exterior of my microgrow closet. :)

Cheers!! :)

Attached Files:

4. looks super healthy, good luck with the seed :)

5. If the seed dies by tomorrow i'll be planting a new one, but as of now i'll try to let him live. Can i use the same pot and just remove the dead seed or should i pot a newfresh soilless mix? :) peace! @[member="Bongsauce"]

6. I'd leave it alone for a few days and start another in a separate container..

7. Alright! I will leave her alone for awhile! @[member="Bongsauce"] thank you! Will post new updates soon! :)

8. Hello there again!

Day 9
    White Widow
    doing good and growing day by day.

Black Russian
    She's starting to sprout! yaaaaaaay  :hello:  :metal:

these are the pots im going to transplant them to. let me know if i have to get new ones. these are 3 gallon pots, 1-- 3 gallon square type, 1-- 2gallon round type pot and 1-- 3gallon round type. im planning to have 2 plants for this grow for experimentation or i would go for half sog on small pots and 1 in 3 gallon pot. what do you think? @[member="Bongsauce"] @[member="snoopdog6502"]

Thank you very much! :yay:  :ey:

Attached Files:

9. I'd really recommend square pots if you can find some that fit in there...you want to utilize as much space as possible. Those type of pots will work, but with the round design and tapered bottom they will only hold about half as much soil as a square pot that takes up the same amount of floorspace. That's just my take on it though...I always short on space in my small grows so I try to make the most of all available space.  Fabric style pots are great too.

I would try to flower all in the same sized containers...it makes things a little easier to keep things uniformed imo. ...again...that's how I like to do things....

glad the russian sprouted!  :D

10. #30 kenz007, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    i would try the square one + the large round one they fit quiet well in the room hopefully they would thrive :)) im experimenting on sizes. i'll try this 2 large pot first then after this grow i'll go for SOG if i have enough space for a mother plant to clone. lol or should i make another box? no more space hahaha im planning to make a L: 5 feet, W: 2 feet, H: 6 feet grow closet with LEDs. thank you @[member="Bongsauce"] you're the best!  :hide:

how big of a pot do you recommend? 1 gallon? 2? 3? :) if 1 gallon pots i can fit 3 inside. my plan now though is 1 plant per square foot. :)

11. Just posting photos of sprouting black russian! 

my white widow leaf is turning light green? is this normal? what do you think? should i start fertilizing or should i wait for them to get big first? :) 

Attached Files:

12. #32 Bongsauce, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    1 gal sounds good..

the seedlings shouldn't need any nutes at this point. Is there a chance you're overwatering? Early yellowing is usually a sign of overwatering or bad ph. PH usually isn't an issue in soil though. At this point the seedling should still be using it's reserve nutrients...you can see the cotyledons are still green.

I'm not really too good at the soil type stuff...someone else could probably give better advice. I'd hate to recommend any nutes this early and have you end up killin yer plant or something ya know?

13. Hi there!

Day 15 since seed sprouted.

Does my plant look okay? The cotyledons are turning yellow, its semi turning brown and dying too.. Are my plants getting light burn? Do they look okay? The leaves are kind of pale green and im assuming its because of lack of nitrogen since im using a soilless mix with no nutes. Tell me what you think? Whats my next step? :) thank you! @[member="Bongsauce"]

Attached Files:

14. ummm you could give em a light feeding. Something for veg...like 1-0-0 or w/e

15. How about superthrive? :) alright will give em less than 5ml of organic nutes tomorrow when they wake up.

16.  yeh a drop or 2 of superthrive per gallon is good during veg.

17. Watered them with 1/2 strength fertilizer organic, mix with kelp, molasses, seaweed extract, compost and some microorganisms. Hope they thrive they stink so bad!

18. when do you see the effect of fertilizers? 1 day? 2 days? :)

19. should be a day or 2 in soiless. Old growth doesn't repair itself..just keep an eye on new growth. :)